Notices

Virginia: Uberdata & dyno tuning.....

Old 02-07-2005, 08:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Virginia: Uberdata & dyno tuning.....

I'm looking to get my car dyno tuned and I live in the western part of VA, close to WV. I'm running uberdata now and I i'd like to stick with that......so the tuner I go to must be good with uberdata. I'm looking more along the lines of Richmond, NOVA, or the coastal area. Any suggestions?
Old 02-07-2005, 08:57 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: Virginia: Uberdata & dyno tuning..... (buttsneeze)

http://www.ecimulti.org/uberdata
Old 02-07-2005, 08:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can help you tune with uberdata. I have a wideband, laptop, datalogging equipment, rom burner, etc. I live in Richmond. I am no professional tuner, but I tuned my car with uber and have had good results. If you are coming to richmond anytime soon then let me know. I don't know of anyone professionaly around here that tunes uber.
Old 02-07-2005, 09:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Virginia: Uberdata & dyno tuning..... (SOHC_MShue)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOHC_MShue &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I can help you tune with uberdata. I have a wideband, laptop, datalogging equipment, rom burner, etc. I live in Richmond. I am no professional tuner, but I tuned my car with uber and have had good results. If you are coming to richmond anytime soon then let me know. I don't know of anyone professionaly around here that tunes uber. </TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks for the offer, but i'm looking for more along the lines of actual tuning on a dyno, not street tuning. Although the invite to richmond would put some good miles on my fresh bottom end! I'm actually coming that way for Nopi in April for sure.......
Old 02-07-2005, 09:22 PM

aww too bad your on the east coast.... or i coulda helped you

Old 02-07-2005, 09:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by buttsneeze &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thanks for the offer, but i'm looking for more along the lines of actual tuning on a dyno, not street tuning. Although the invite to richmond would put some good miles on my fresh bottom end! I'm actually coming that way for Nopi in April for sure.......</TD></TR></TABLE>
what kind of setup do you have? Street tuning will be better for dialing in the afr unless you have some crazy high hp setup where its hard to drive on the street while tuning. I've seen plenty of cases where the afr varys greatly from the dyno to the street and the street is where you will be driving the car. Also I'm hoping by march I'll have the ostrich so tuning will be even easier then .

Anyways if I were you I would tune first on the street and then hit the dyno and tune your timing maps, vtec crossover, etc. There is a dyno at performance autosports not far from where I live.
Old 02-07-2005, 10:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

good point. I definitely don't have a crazy high hp setup, but i am looking to break 300 hp on my ls-t setup on pump gas......and this is in a crx. Maybe i might just have to take you up on your offer.

by the way, how much is the ostrich and where can i get it? Is is uberdata friendly?
Old 02-08-2005, 04:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sounds cool man. Since you have a crx did you convert it to obd1? Also the ostrich is $175 and you can get it at moates.net. Uberdata already supports it.
Old 02-08-2005, 05:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by buttsneeze &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

thanks for the offer, but i'm looking for more along the lines of actual tuning on a dyno, not street tuning. Although the invite to richmond would put some good miles on my fresh bottom end! I'm actually coming that way for Nopi in April for sure.......</TD></TR></TABLE>

I would say your best bet is to go with someone like SOHC_MShue...I have seen alot of his post and he seems to know what he is talking about

But seriously, you would be fine and I am sure he would help you learn what you are doing so in the future you would feel comfortable making changes by yourself.

Anyone interested in Uber should be interested in tuning themself at some point...that who it was made for..self tuners and DIYers.

Kevin (Projekteg) is on the Uber forum and HomeMadeTurbo.com is another good Uber tuner in your area.
Old 02-08-2005, 05:30 AM

pm sent
Old 02-08-2005, 07:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Virginia: Uberdata & dyno tuning..... (xenocron)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by xenocron &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I would say your best bet is to go with someone like SOHC_MShue...I have seen alot of his post and he seems to know what he is talking about </TD></TR></TABLE>
thanx man

I totally agree though that if you are gonna go with uber you need to learn to make changes yourself
Old 02-08-2005, 07:34 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOHC_MShue &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
thanx man

I totally agree though that if you are gonna go with uber you need to learn to make changes yourself </TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree with that, but for some people they just need to see some one actually tune their car to undestand the concepts. If I weren't so far away I could help you as well. Ostrich is sitting on my computer table right now. Can't wait to go play later on today.
Old 02-08-2005, 09:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Virginia: Uberdata & dyno tuning..... (93turbo16)

have you gotten a chance to use the ostrich yet? I can't wait to get mine!
Old 02-08-2005, 10:15 AM

I am going to do it right now actually.
Old 02-08-2005, 10:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (93turbo16)

sweet post up on here and let me know how it turns out.
Old 02-08-2005, 10:42 AM

well actually I am trying to decide how to change my com ports around at the moment, it is on com 5 and I need it on com 1-4. I am going to go out possibly tonite. I have class at 4 then dinner at 5 then class at 7, then a basketball game tonite. I will probably make my way out tomorrow.
Old 02-08-2005, 10:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yea i know how that is. I have class at 4 and then a lot of homework.
Old 02-08-2005, 11:00 AM

I am sure I will have fun with it tomorrow though.. class is over at 3 and all my home work is done.

I might play with it on a friends car up here at school over the weekend.
Old 02-08-2005, 11:26 AM

Changing the com port is easy, for some reason my Ostrich takes a different com port almost every time I plug it in and it's never below 5. Open device manager, double click the ostrich (listed as USB to serial converter or something like that) then look for the 'Advanced' button, can't remember which tab it's under. From there it's self explanatory. You may have to change the com port on another device in order to free up one that's under 4 since that's all UD supports.

I &lt;3 my Ostrich.
Old 02-08-2005, 04:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Mad Cow)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOHC_MShue &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sounds cool man. Since you have a crx did you convert it to obd1? Also the ostrich is $175 and you can get it at moates.net. Uberdata already supports it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

yes, i have already coverted to obd1 and am currently running uberdata now.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by xenocron &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

But seriously, you would be fine and I am sure he would help you learn what you are doing so in the future you would feel comfortable making changes by yourself.

Anyone interested in Uber should be interested in tuning themself at some point...that who it was made for..self tuners and DIYers.

Kevin (Projekteg) is on the Uber forum and HomeMadeTurbo.com is another good Uber tuner in your area.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I am interested in tuning and making changes myself in the future, but just not yet. Uberdata was put on by the people who did my swap, but they are only recently getting into it and don't have a wideband, data cable or the ostrich. They went by my narrowband air/fuel gauge, basemaps, and multiple chip burns. I want a good tune now and then later i'll get all of the other stuff needed to do it all on my own (i do have a laptop now, though).

Also, I do need to see someone do it first because i'm new to uberdata and my knowledge of it isn't all that.........

By the way, where is Projekteg and homemadeturbo.com located?
Old 02-08-2005, 04:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (buttsneeze)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by buttsneeze &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">By the way, where is Projekteg and homemadeturbo.com located?</TD></TR></TABLE>

its located on the internet... you type into your browser http://www.homemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php
Old 02-08-2005, 06:33 PM

Default Re: (Mad Cow)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mad Cow &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Changing the com port is easy, for some reason my Ostrich takes a different com port almost every time I plug it in and it's never below 5. Open device manager, double click the ostrich (listed as USB to serial converter or something like that) then look for the 'Advanced' button, can't remember which tab it's under. From there it's self explanatory. You may have to change the com port on another device in order to free up one that's under 4 since that's all UD supports.

I &lt;3 my Ostrich.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I know that, I just have stuff there, that needs to be on com 1-4 as well. So I am stuck for now. I will mess with it tomorrow in the car, and see what my datalogging is on, and then play with it then. I just don't have the devices right now, to see what is on what com port.