Notices

venting solution?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 02:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default venting solution?

so i drew up something real quick, sorry im at work i know the quality is beyond crap...but i have seen people run like stuff like this
...but im wondering would this benefit me...the blades would be just from an ordinary house vent, shaved so each blade will get direct wind (located by the resinator box on stock intake arm) "picture exagerated" then it will be pushed up into the tubing coming out by my intake for my boost set up...would this benefit me much, i know i could just route the filter down, but will this have any ram air effect...thanks sorry if this is stupid but i didn't see anything like this...also thinking of putting just the vents by the bottom of my IC & Heater Core for cooling...thanks
Old 04-04-2007, 02:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: venting solution? (89efDUSTY)

bump for a ghetto fab
Old 04-04-2007, 03:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

nothing...no negative or positively connatated remarks? with 24 views
Old 04-04-2007, 03:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

tonight
Old 04-04-2007, 03:53 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

ok you dont need to reply 3 times within within an hour of your original post, thats ridiculous. i wanna say ARC makes a headlight replacement for some cars that runs your intake where the headlight would be and "ram air" 's it pretty much.
but to answer your question, it wouldnt benefit you enough to go out and spend $xxx to have it fabricated but also not enough to risk sucking in water or something by rigging up something ghetto fab. its more of an all motor thing..
Old 04-04-2007, 10:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I believe the word you are looking for is DUCT.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (MidShipCivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by zeimbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok you dont need to reply 3 times within within an hour of your original post, thats ridiculous. i wanna say ARC makes a headlight replacement for some cars that runs your intake where the headlight would be and "ram air" 's it pretty much.
but to answer your question, it wouldnt benefit you enough to go out and spend $xxx to have it fabricated but also not enough to risk sucking in water or something by rigging up something ghetto fab. its more of an all motor thing..</TD></TR></TABLE> sorry for bumping so much Fi moves slow...and why would i want to relocate my headlight this is a DD...also how would it suck up water did you even pay attention to the diagram? there is no suction its all due to wind force...I was just thinking if this is an OK way to cool them air... also how expensive would it be? seriously like 15 dollars in parts, and fabrication by myself...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MidShipCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I believe the word you are looking for is DUCT. </TD></TR></TABLE> vents to a duct yes sir...thanks, not a striaght duct because that would be to much air for too little power? anyone else
Old 04-05-2007, 03:08 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (89efDUSTY)

you dont relocate your headlight, you run your car without a headlight. <TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 89efDUSTY &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">and why would i want to relocate my headlight this is a DD</TD></TR></TABLE>
i could tell that yours must have been a daily driver because you posted a pic of what looks to be a grocery getting crx (i know its not yours)..
but i didnt say suck up water, i said suck IN water- ie: when it rains, puddles splashing, etc. but there would still be suction because your turbo intake would be connected to the duct the ram air would be in addition to what the turbo is sucking in.

i dont see this benefitting you, but you obviously have your mind set so go ahead and spend your $15 on home depot sheet metal to make a duct and then go re-dyno your car
Old 04-05-2007, 03:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (zeimbo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by zeimbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you dont relocate your headlight, you run your car without a headlight.
i could tell that yours must have been a daily driver because you posted a pic of what looks to be a grocery getting crx (i know its not yours)..
but i didnt say suck up water, i said suck IN water- ie: when it rains, puddles splashing, etc. but there would still be suction because your turbo intake would be connected to the duct the ram air would be in addition to what the turbo is sucking in.
</TD></TR></TABLE> ok sorry but water would have a hard time going in, up anything because its not a suction force...the sorry for the crappy drawing, but the intake filter would be above the top of the duct. It would in no way be attached to the duct because yes that would be an idiotic idea, for many reasons...im just wondering if there will give my filter a cooler temperature to work with, because every 7 HP matters

and no im not set on 15 dollar home deopt crap...but hey if it actually does help, and i have the room...no AC/PS/Slim radiator and fan, i might as well see what my options are
Old 04-05-2007, 03:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i can see that car is trying to make every bit of hp as its competeign and it is a race car.. i don't see the need to overlook every single option for street car yet daily driver.. are you not making enough hp?? its very easy to accomplish 425-450whp which is most you would run on pump gas on average honda.. you can accomplish all of these and still keep interior, a/c and all kinds of other stuff. i can see doing something like this for n/a setup where you can't force the extra air into engine as easy.. but for boost, just run extra psi or something..
Old 04-05-2007, 04:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: venting solution? (vtec.dc2)

I understand about the not really affecting it on the ram air portion...but im saying wont this cool down the air temperature in the system...this way i dont have to worry about using a CAI and sucking up water...ill just let this go. i may try it if i am bored and will post up dyno specs.