Notices

urget h22 Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 05:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default urget h22 Question

Ok I have a 2000 h22a4 motor.
I just finished getting the bottom end built ( Darton M.I.D Kit Sleeves, JE 9:0.1 pistons, Scat forged rods, Crank micropolished and balanced )
For my turbocharged application that I am planning for.
As for as the head it is stock for now, but will be going with the whole Crower turbo cams and full valvetrain.

Here is my prob, I have a 96 accord ex sedan, and the motor finally decided to **** the fan. So now I am rushed to drop the H22a4 in as is but have not yet finished buying all the turbo crap.

My question is can I break in this motor in N/A on the JE 9:0.1 pistons on a P13 ECU without harming my engine. Since when I do go turbo I have to use a p28 ECU since it can be tunable.

I also do realize that I think I have to get an obd2b - obd1 conversion harness is this correct in saying so.

Please any help will be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-22-2005, 06:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: urget h22 Question (Phat8186)

You can run it off the stock ECU for N/A purposes. You'll probably feel a little loss in low end due to the lowered compression.

You can use either an OBD-I or OBD-II ecu, just make sure to get the matching distributor and fuel injectors to the correct OBD ecu. (OBD-1 = Peak and Hold, OBD-II = Saturated)

Old 01-22-2005, 06:03 PM

wait till you have all your turbo stuff. take it straight to have it tuned. don't even start it.
Old 01-22-2005, 06:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: urget h22 Question (Finest)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Finest &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You can run it off the stock ECU for N/A purposes. You'll probably feel a little loss in low end due to the lowered compression.

You can use either an OBD-I or OBD-II ecu, just make sure to get the matching distributor and fuel injectors to the correct OBD ecu. (OBD-1 = Peak and Hold, OBD-II = Saturated)

</TD></TR></TABLE>

exactly, you will be fine to break it in n/a, there is no reason to rush the turbo setup on to it. just make sure you run stock injector size for the stock ecu

i ran a 9:1 setup for a while on the stock p13, it killed me though because i had no knock sensor, so i always had a cel and less ignition timing. just make sure all the sensor the stock ecu will look for are there and your golden
Old 01-22-2005, 06:36 PM

Default Re: urget h22 Question (ItzTw)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ItzTw &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wait till you have all your turbo stuff. take it straight to have it tuned. don't even start it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I wish I could wait and not even start it yet. But as stated my old engine kicked the bucket and I have no car right now. So there for I have no choice.
Old 01-22-2005, 06:42 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Finest &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You can run it off the stock ECU for N/A purposes. You'll probably feel a little loss in low end due to the lowered compression.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

So this can be done then. I just have to make sure that I now get an OBD1 Dizzy along with OBD1 peak hold injectors.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by prelittlelude &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Exactly, you will be fine to break it in N/A, there is no reason to rush the turbo setup on to it. Just make sure you run stock injector size for the stock ecu

I ran a 9:1 setup for a while on the stock p13, it killed me though because I had no knock sensor, so I always had a cel and less ignition timing. Just make sure all the sensor the stock ecu will look for are there and you’re golden </TD></TR></TABLE>

Why wouldn’t I have a knock sensor is that cause of the p13 ecu I am a little lost

I also want to say thanks to everyone that has posted. It is very much appreciated

Old 01-22-2005, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Phat8186 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why wouldn’t I have a knock sensor is that cause of the p13 ecu I am a little lost
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think what he meant was that he didn't have a knock sensor hooked up, so his car wasn't running right. You'll be okay running it "stock". Good luck on the turbo setup in the future.
Old 01-23-2005, 07:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: urget h22 Question (Finest)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Finest &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I think what he meant was that he didn't have a knock sensor hooked up, so his car wasn't running right. You'll be okay running it "stock". Good luck on the turbo setup in the future. </TD></TR></TABLE>

correct, this is what i ment, but you should be all good