Notices

Is the upgrade from hondata Stage series to the "S" series worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 02:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is the upgrade from hondata Stage series to the "S" series worth it?

As the topic says...is it worth it top upgrade? Its a couple hundred bucks to do so but is it worth it?
Old 07-27-2004, 02:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Is the upgrade from hondata Stage series to the "S" series worth it? (MordecaiPSI)

from a tuner standpoint, yes it is. Its much easier to tune, simply because you can can connect and map trace whereas the stage 2 w/ the new romeditor software is a bitch to connect to.

furthermore, drivability wise, i dont know how much coding they've changed, but the cars seem to drive smoother w/ the newer s200 system.

frankly, im getting kinda picky w/ the cars I tune. It takes quite a bit longer to tune a car that doesnt have map tracing (ie. stage 2,3,4), so i get a little irritated when a car takes twice as long to finish as i originally want. I dont do this as a living like a lot of these 'tuners' that will tune any system u bring as long as they get paid. so my advice to you is, do u have the money to upgrade, does your tuner mind using the older one, and lastly, are you really **** about your car driving at its utmost maximum potential.

oh and to those who think u can tune a car on the s200 version then convert it over to the old stage, it doesnt work for crap, its a waste of time.
Old 07-27-2004, 05:38 PM

Default Re: Is the upgrade from hondata Stage series to the "S" series worth it? (Mase)

Right, i hear ya. I may switch some time, but ive just dropped a couple g's for a rebuild because of some stupid ignition components were faulty....so its hard to squeeze out a couple hundred bucks if its not 100% necesary.

Maybe i will in the future.