Notices

UPDATE to Profec B problem~!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2001, 07:53 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UPDATE to Profec B problem~!

Well IT's FINALLY F-IN FIXED!! . My problem lyed in my stupidity for messing with that actuator rod and arm. I assume since I lengthened it out so long the wastegate wasn't opening(correct me if wrong) and wouldn't boost for nothing. I shortened the rod back somewhat and with my original connections and VUOLA she's boosting 6 psi and holding strong. Then I placed the conections back for the setup with profec and what do you know IT WORKS! Unfortuneately I had no one to help me out with monitoring and tuning it, but I found some dead streets that were long enough to monitor myself and adjust accordingly. My low setting is for 7 psi and high setting was a pain. I was hoping I could go for 10 psi but didn't happen (heard minor pinging) so I brought it back to 9 and still just slight ping and finally to 8.5 psi and no problems and basically stayed happy there considering I was breaking tire loose nicely on 2nd and 3rd just a little but made me happy camper. Also want to add the sharp/mild opt. can be a bitch since I had to adjust for both low and high and find a medium point they both will work pefect at and bring in boost quickly. I want to thank the guys on this board who helped out, specially Vtc Civic and Rtype11. Thanks alot you 2 for putting up with some of my confusing explanations but I am happy I did this **** myself with my buddy Laz and learned some more in the process! PEACE OUT!

Nick
Old 12-19-2001, 07:57 PM

Default Re: UPDATE to Profec B problem~! (boost killz)

****, if i heard pinging i would just stay with the low boost until I can get that bitch tuned, why risk it? Even though you don't hear pinging, it could still be detonating a little, right? Just retard timing a little you should be fine.
Old 12-19-2001, 08:08 PM
New User

Default Re: UPDATE to Profec B problem~! (CleanSi)

Yeah sorry I confuse pinging and detonating for the same ****, regardless both are bad which is why I brought it back to 8.5 psi. Remember I am on a greddy turbo smaller 18g comped to t3/4 which is why I played the 10 psi idea. Bt hey at 8.5 I am definitely not complaining!
Old 12-19-2001, 11:23 PM

you weren't wrong for thinking that pinging is detonating, I'm saying if you heard pinging/detontaion, it's better for you to stay at low boost.
Old 12-20-2001, 01:12 AM
New User

Default Re: UPDATE to Profec B problem~! (CleanSi)

i cant wait to install my Profec B... i wonder if ill have the same problem.
Old 12-20-2001, 04:42 AM
New User

Default Re: UPDATE to Profec B problem~! (dlplayboy)

DL: Don't worry man you'll be fine. Trust me the install is as straight forward as can be! It was my stupidity for F-in around with the actuator rod, which I should of known better not to touch but I am Curious George sometimes. Trust me follow the graph or better yet just do a search on the board( I did but most people of course were using it on the DRAG kit which will help you alot better). Good luck man!

Nick-
Old 12-20-2001, 05:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

glad to hear your boostin!
Old 12-20-2001, 06:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: UPDATE to Profec B problem~! (rtype11)

Good deal dude! I told you messing with the arm leads to problems Now let's get that thing tuned and hit the track!
Old 12-20-2001, 06:35 AM
New User

Default Re: UPDATE to Profec B problem~! (VTC_CiViC)

Muchos gracias guys.!!