Notices

Uberdata tunning and changing weather conditions....

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 09:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uberdata tunning and changing weather conditions....

ok, i ruffly tunned my car up the other day... and it was probably like 65-70 or so and the AF's were great and i liked the way the car was running.. then .. over the weekend the temps were down in the low 40's ( i live in maine) and the car leaned out quite a bit... so i tunned it out at that temp... now its running good.. (well it runs lean for a while untill it has been run for a while) im running in open loop... will running the car in closed loop help this? or should i just keep two different maps on 2 chips with me? thanks guys...
Old 10-11-2005, 09:36 AM

Default Re: Uberdata tunning and changing weather conditions.... (turboH22Aakkord)

ttt men!
Old 10-11-2005, 09:43 AM

Default Re: Uberdata tunning and changing weather conditions.... (turboH22Aakkord)

bump
Old 10-11-2005, 09:44 AM
alsofood

ECT/IAT correction.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:47 AM

stay in open loop. I usually tune fairly conservative in the summer for people with one chip. The crusing AF's will be 14.0's and the in boost portion will be low to mid 11's. Personally I just carry 2 chips. Once it really starts to get cold is when I change. right now it's only about 50* outside so once it chills once I'll do it.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:03 AM

Default Re: Uberdata tunning and changing weather conditions.... (adseguy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by adseguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">stay in open loop. I usually tune fairly conservative in the summer for people with one chip. The crusing AF's will be 14.0's and the in boost portion will be low to mid 11's. Personally I just carry 2 chips. Once it really starts to get cold is when I change. right now it's only about 50* outside so once it chills once I'll do it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

thats probably what i will end up doing i guess... i hate this state haha...
Old 10-11-2005, 10:20 AM
alsofood

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by alsofood &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ECT/IAT correction.</TD></TR></TABLE>
&gt;
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by adseguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">stay in open loop. I usually tune fairly conservative in the summer for people with one chip. The crusing AF's will be 14.0's and the in boost portion will be low to mid 11's. Personally I just carry 2 chips. Once it really starts to get cold is when I change. right now it's only about 50* outside so once it chills once I'll do it.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 10-11-2005, 10:32 AM

Default Re: Uberdata tunning and changing weather conditions.... (alsofood)

ok, i tunned my own setup and stuff, but what exactly is the

ECT/IAT correction? thanks...
Old 10-11-2005, 10:43 AM
alsofood

http://forum.pgmfi.org/viewtopic.php?t=6599

http://uberdata.pgmfi.org/foru...=3556
Old 10-11-2005, 03:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

badass that there is iat now. i havent updated versions in a long time.

other advice- wait for it to be rather cold and tune then. this way you wont be lean when it gets cold, and you will run a lil rich when its warm (but those days are coming to an end...)
Old 10-11-2005, 03:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by adseguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Personally I just carry 2 chips. Once it really starts to get cold is when I change. right now it's only about 50* outside so once it chills once I'll do it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Personally, I like to have a properly functioning EMS. Having to swap chips beacuse of cold weather is not acceptable IMO. Retune the car with Crome and call it a day
Old 10-11-2005, 04:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Uberdata tunning and changing weather conditions.... (nfn15037)

what did u set ur a/f for your first tune TurboH22Aakkord? 12:1 or mid 11:1? tune the car for mid to low 11:1 a/f so the weather wont affect it too much
Old 10-11-2005, 07:12 PM
alsofood

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nfn15037 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Personally, I like to have a properly functioning EMS. Having to swap chips beacuse of cold weather is not acceptable IMO. Retune the car with Crome and call it a day </TD></TR></TABLE>

Crome/Uberdata/Hondata s300 all use the same IAT/ECT correction. This individual simply hasnt looked on the uberdata forum in the script section since July 5th. So your point is really invalid.

As for his AFR, regardless what you tune for, it will be affected just as much. The reason behind tuning richer is when it does get colder, your AFR will get leaner, but not lean enough to cause damage. Now you can tune for whatever AFR you chose and just play around with the IAT correction. Much simpler.
Old 10-12-2005, 05:23 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by alsofood &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Crome/Uberdata/Hondata s300 all use the same IAT/ECT correction. This individual simply hasnt looked on the uberdata forum in the script section since July 5th. So your point is really invalid.

As for his AFR, regardless what you tune for, it will be affected just as much. The reason behind tuning richer is when it does get colder, your AFR will get leaner, but not lean enough to cause damage. Now you can tune for whatever AFR you chose and just play around with the IAT correction. Much simpler.</TD></TR></TABLE>

what version of uberdata is the IAT available on?
Old 10-12-2005, 06:05 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nfn15037 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Personally, I like to have a properly functioning EMS. Having to swap chips beacuse of cold weather is not acceptable IMO. Retune the car with Crome and call it a day </TD></TR></TABLE>

I would love to use Crome... but i cant figure out how to download it
Old 10-12-2005, 07:47 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turboH22Aakkord &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I would love to use Crome... but i cant figure out how to download it </TD></TR></TABLE>

http://www.tunewithcrome.com/

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by alsofood &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Crome/Uberdata/Hondata s300 all use the same IAT/ECT correction. This individual simply hasnt looked on the uberdata forum in the script section since July 5th. So your point is really invalid. </TD></TR></TABLE>

But the fact of the matter is Crome ships with IAT, ECT, and individual cylinder trim. No dicking around with scripts etc, it just works the way it should out of the box.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:53 AM

thanks alot man... now will i be able to copy and paste my uberdata fuel maps into the crome ones?
Old 10-12-2005, 08:03 AM

oh yeah... no i remember why i went with uberdata... the datalogging is free
Old 10-12-2005, 10:19 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turboH22Aakkord &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">oh yeah... no i remember why i went with uberdata... the datalogging is free </TD></TR></TABLE>

You get what you pay for......
Old 10-12-2005, 10:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turboH22Aakkord &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">oh yeah... no i remember why i went with uberdata... the datalogging is free </TD></TR></TABLE>

So did you figure out how to get ECT/IAT correction to work with Uberdata?
Old 10-12-2005, 12:44 PM

You get what you pay for...... </TD></TR></TABLE>

You have to be kidding me. They are all the same now. Take some time and upload the scripts. Last time I chekced UD came with FTL and crap already in there, and last time I checked crome, I had to add it to the plugin.

Maybe if asked nicely someone would supply a version with everything in there.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Uberdata tunning and changing weather conditions.... (93turbo16)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93turbo16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You have to be kidding me. They are all the same now. Take some time and upload the scripts. Last time I chekced UD came with FTL and crap already in there, and last time I checked crome, I had to add it to the plugin.

Maybe if asked nicely someone would supply a version with everything in there.</TD></TR></TABLE>

all you need to do is go to the UD forum in the Software/Script Guinea Pigs section and download the 2 simple files for the IAT and ECT correction. it's in one of the first few posts on the top. once you have the files you just unzip them into the same folder that you have uberdata in. thats it......

make sure you are using the latest confirmed working version of uberdata. these files have been tested and working correctly on version 1.70

dont bother with the individual cylinder fuel trim adjustment fix. i belive that was just recently found to not be working correctly.

if you have a 2.5, 3 or 3.5bar map sensor also download the latest fix for that as it seems to be working pretty good.

p.s. anyone who complains about uberdata is brain dead......it's FREEWARE! why would you complain about something that is free....
Old 10-12-2005, 02:43 PM

i have a version ready for DL with everything but ostrich support. It has datalogging, but not both. You can add all the scripts to the ostrich version if you want. I am running it by Bigwig now, it might be up tonite.

Has
- IAT/ECT
- New Fuel Mods
-Gear Correction
- Import Functions
Old 10-13-2005, 07:15 AM

Default Re: (93turbo16)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93turbo16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have a version ready for DL with everything but ostrich support. It has datalogging, but not both. You can add all the scripts to the ostrich version if you want. I am running it by Bigwig now, it might be up tonite.

Has
- IAT/ECT
- New Fuel Mods
-Gear Correction
- Import Functions</TD></TR></TABLE>

sorry i didnt respond last night.. i couldnt get on my puter... but im real interested in the UD with the extra stuff... should i get if off the site?
Old 10-13-2005, 08:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Uberdata tunning and changing weather conditions.... (non-VTEC)

I have been using it for several months and am very happy with it. After adding iat and ect correction my afr's have been almost consistent in different temperatures, with as much as 50 degree swings. There is still a slight change with humidity, but the car has no MAS to compensate for that so I just live with it-the changes a slight.

I changed the iat values slightly as I moved the sensor on my itr from the intake maniflod to the charge pipe just after the bov. It responds better now.

Uberdata is not for the lazy or the lame. You have to work with it to get a good tune. Once you are there, it is easy to use, and works reliablly. I would not run my ITR on it if I did not trust it. If you are the type to pay someone to tune it for you and you will just drive it and trust their work, then you should proably go with something else...

Quick Reply: Uberdata tunning and changing weather conditions....