Notices

Uberdata & Innovate LM-1

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2005, 04:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uberdata & Innovate LM-1

Ok, I've waited the required 72 hours for the Uberdata board to respond.
I'm using Uberdata and a wideband from Innovate Motorsports. The LM-1. I get a perfect reading on the LM-1 itself, however, i can't get uberdata to read a steady a/f.

It seems like it'll hit withing +/- .2 and then just jump around everwhere. So basically it is pointless...

Anyone help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Old 01-14-2005, 07:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe it is noted that some of the wideband values on uberdata are not the same for some reason. Just + or - how ever many it is off. Also where did you ground the wideband? I believe that is the one you plug into the cig lighter right?
Old 01-14-2005, 07:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Uberdata & Innovate LM-1 (DarkKnight1)

You have the o2 heater off, right? And your primary o2 is unplugged?

I left my o2 plugged in by accident and uberdata o2 readings were all over the place.
Old 01-14-2005, 07:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (93turbo16)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93turbo16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I believe it is noted that some of the wideband values on uberdata are not the same for some reason. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Supposition like this is why people are being banned from the uber forums. Please only post what you know as fact. Working proplerly uberdata and your wideband should read very close to each other +/- .3
Old 01-14-2005, 07:21 PM

Default Re: (Dr Pooface)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dr Pooface &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Supposition like this is why people are being banned from the uber forums. Please only post what you know as fact. Working proplerly uberdata and your wideband should read very close to each other +/- .3</TD></TR></TABLE>

That just pissed me off. He waited the required time, so I can asnwer his question. I also believe that you just said that the wideband readings are off +/- .3. I didn't say how far they are off, I just meant that they are not perfect. I have definitley had them off more than that though, especially on my friends LM-1. I was just stating that from personal experience.
Old 01-14-2005, 07:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93turbo16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

That just pissed me off.... I was just stating that from personal experience. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Don't get pissed off, I couldn't care. Why didn't you state that it was personal experience on the first place? "I believe"="Some guy told my cousin..."

Try to be more vague next time.
Old 01-14-2005, 08:08 PM

Sorry I will be a little more informative next time. But all the answers to this can be found in the datalogging section on the forum. I just said that it was noted on the board to be off, and that is exactly what it is. I didn't know the correct decimal point that it was, I just knew that it was off a little. My bad, next time will be better.
Old 01-15-2005, 01:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93turbo16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I believe it is noted that some of the wideband values on uberdata are not the same for some reason. Just + or - how ever many it is off. Also where did you ground the wideband? I believe that is the one you plug into the cig lighter right?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I never heard this. It would be pointless to use the wideband w/ uberdata if they are off by .3 or more. 13.3 a/f is alot different than 13.6.
I grounded the wideband from the end pins, like d22, d23.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dr Pooface &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You have the o2 heater off, right? And your primary o2 is unplugged?

I left my o2 plugged in by accident and uberdata o2 readings were all over the place.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Check and Check.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93turbo16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I have definitley had them off more than that though, especially on my friends LM-1. I was just stating that from personal experience. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I had it coming directly off the pin that reads o2 and grounded d22/d23. Where else could it need to be grounded? I also change the settings on the LM1 output 1 and matched it up with a custom equation in the uberdata .asm files. THat was the only way I could get it to even match up. But I still have the problem of it jumping around erratically.

Do you have aim or something were I could discuss this further with you?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93turbo16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sorry I will be a little more informative next time. But all the answers to this can be found in the datalogging section on the forum. I just said that it was noted on the board to be off, and that is exactly what it is. I didn't know the correct decimal point that it was, I just knew that it was off a little. My bad, next time will be better.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I've looked in there and asked with no responses, or at least, no responses that were of any help.
Old 01-15-2005, 03:23 PM

so in a 1994 honda are you supposed to have the one oxygen sensor in while tuning or no, to achieve accurate readings...
Old 01-15-2005, 05:18 PM

If you have the narrow band in with the wideband in conjunction, you can only tune full throttle or open loop. THe ecu will always try to get the a/f correct, and it will end up with anything out of open loop will be 14.7 or so. To fully tune a map you can just uncheck that box is most programs, hondata,uberdata,crome, and so on so you can tune open loop only and get rid of the narrowband. And when you are done, you can throw the narrowband back in and have a tuned map for when you are in open loop.
Old 01-17-2005, 12:31 PM

sorry to bring up an old post.. Go to the uberdata forum and go into general discussions, and common problems it is a sticky. It has this fix in there.
Old 01-20-2005, 07:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

if you've already changed the values in datalogger.asm and reprogram the LM-1 output 1, and the a/f are very close most of the time, then it should be good. the reason why the readings in the datalogger jump up and down is because it has a higher sample rate vs the display on the LM-1 which shows the average number. that's why you see the numbers on uber fluctuate more. also, try to use a good power source, not the cigarete lighter.