Notices

Uberdata Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2004, 05:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uberdata Help

I am running ls/vtec turbo pushing 10psi right now the car is at the dyno they are tuning it using Uberdata and vafc to fine tune my fuel system is 255 pump dsm blue tops with 10 amp 10 ohm resistors aem rail b&m reg

The problem is after 6500 rpm they cant get it enough fuel it keeps detonating and cant figure out what the problem is they are new using Uberdata thought i would ask some help for you guys

Thanks
Old 07-01-2004, 06:02 AM

Default Re: Uberdata Help (troubledsol03)

why are you not fine tuning it with Uberdata?

How much power are you putting down? Its possible your maxing out the injectors. What the duty cycle of them?
Old 07-01-2004, 06:08 AM

Default Re: Uberdata Help (Overblown-Teg)

We plan to ditch the vafc asap and fine tune with Uberdata

I think the injectors are maxing out though they have another lsvtec running a similar setup with alot less fuel like 40% less and he is making 300whp

What should we look at?
Old 07-01-2004, 06:09 AM

First, there's a bigger base of uberdata users on the uberdata board. See my signature.

Second, tell them to get rid of the VAFC. The VAFC is redundant and therefore useless when you have full control over your fuel and spark with uberdata. Are you making over 300hp? If so they're probably getting maxed out. What does your fuel map look like?
Old 07-01-2004, 06:39 AM

Default Re: Uberdata Help (Mad Cow)

Ok going over today ditching vafc I have yet to see the map they made and yes I plan to make over 300 guess it may be time to upgrade injectors what size can uberdata run and idle

Could the vafc be interfereing with the Uberdata possibly

It is strange it runs fine till like 6500 rpm i guess that could be when the injectors are maxing out

Thanks
Old 07-01-2004, 07:07 AM

Odds are the injectors are maxed.. There is a duty cycle tab in uberdata.. See what it says. You could run as big an injector as you want. 880's should work fine.
Old 07-01-2004, 07:16 AM

Tonight I am going back over i will try to get a copy of my map

Will the 255 pump hold up or should i think about replacing that soon as well
Old 07-01-2004, 07:23 AM

255lph pump....yea it will hold up.
Old 07-01-2004, 07:32 AM

Default Re: Uberdata Help (tegmech)

What kind of a tuning shop do you have your car at that they can't figure this stuff out? I sure hope you are not paying much for this.

If you injectors are maxed try to raise your fuel pressure. Jump it up to like 60psi to help get more flow from your injectors. That should help some.
Old 07-01-2004, 07:36 AM

They were not sure what the problem is because they have another car similar setup running fine with 40% less fuel

I will ask them to try uping fuel pressure and i am looking to find some bigger injectors to try

This is also the first time they have tuned using Uberdata i guess they are still learning the program and since they are still learning they are not charging me much

Thanks much
Old 07-01-2004, 07:56 AM

Ok.. Seems like they really just don't have a clue. Uberdata is easy to use.. Why don't you just take over? Are you using 1.66 or 1.7? both of those are great. The duty cycle tab will tell you if your out of fuel. What power and afr are you making at 6500 where you have trouble?
Old 07-01-2004, 08:35 AM

What size injectors are you running and what boost level are you at?
Old 07-01-2004, 08:44 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by troubledsol03 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">We plan to ditch the vafc asap and fine tune with Uberdata

I think the injectors are maxing out though they have another lsvtec running a similar setup with alot less fuel like 40% less and he is making 300whp

What should we look at?</TD></TR></TABLE>

They can't have a setup making 300whp with 40% less fuel, there's just no way. 300 is getting to the limit of the DSM injectors, I've seen 325 but that was really pushing it. You can idle 880's fine, but it is gonna mean starting your tune over again because they're so different. 880's take 30% less fuel down low around idle and in vacuum from what's been posted on the uberdata forum.
Old 07-01-2004, 08:51 AM

Default Re: (hoggy)

Ok i have downloaded 1.7 of Uberdata not sure what they were using

I am running dsm blues i think 440s and 10psi with a 60-1

The last power i was told was 197 at 5500 with no vtec it wasnt working fixed that now we have this problem
Old 07-01-2004, 09:22 AM

Default Re: (troubledsol03)

Those are 450's..

You should not be out of fuel yet. I'm really not sure what the problem is.. You may be better off finding a shop that is very familiar with tuning. Your base map should be overly rich, if its not then there is probably something else wrong. Did you replace the fuel filter?
Old 07-01-2004, 10:31 AM

Default Re: (Overblown-Teg)

no but it is not that old the car is never driven it has been down for almost 2 years while i was in school

The shop is knowledgable they are aem certified and are getting ready to go to hondata for classes i think

They just have never messed with Uberdata before

I am out of ideas i have no idea what else to look at and neither do they

I just dont know where to go from here

Whole new fuel system???
Old 07-01-2004, 11:12 AM

Sounds like a problem with car itself and not uberdata. The likely hood of uberdata running on the car fine but not allowing enough fuel just doesn't sound right.

Have you check fuel pressure while its on the dyno? How about the injectors, you sure they are 450's? Have you pulled the plugs to see what they look like? Check the fuel filter?
Old 07-01-2004, 11:14 AM

Default Re: (hoggy)

If you have not driven the car much the filter might be all nasty..
Old 07-02-2004, 10:16 AM

Bringing it back from dyno tonight replacing filter plugs and possibly injectors

Any other ideas

Also i think fuel pressure is set at like 50 psi maybe 55
Old 07-02-2004, 10:42 AM

The pressure stays constant through the run? If so then its not the fuel filter or the pump.. If the pressure is staying steady or going higher then your fuel feed system is fine. Its still possible your injectors are faulty.
Old 07-02-2004, 01:33 PM
TurboJesse

if there aem certified and they can't figure out uberdata i would go get my car asap
Old 07-02-2004, 03:25 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by troubledsol03 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
The last power i was told was 197 at 5500 with no vtec it wasnt working fixed that now we have this problem </TD></TR></TABLE>

So the problem started AFTER they got VTEC working? Have you checked ignition timing in Uberdata on the high cam side?

Have you done any datalogging? AFR, duty cycle, timing, boost...all this is needed to make an accurate diagnosis. But it sounds like a high cam tuning issue right now.
Old 07-02-2004, 03:32 PM

Default Re: (HidPerf)

use uberdata to change the injector pulse length, not an afc's map sensor manipulation. the afc probably is changing the voltage to a map value that isnt any longer than what you are at now.
Old 07-02-2004, 06:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by troubledsol03 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The shop is knowledgable they are aem certified and are getting ready to go to hondata for classes i think </TD></TR></TABLE>

I dunno how things are now, but the original AEM Factory Certification classes were free. If you got a ride there and sat through it, you got a Factory Certification. A bum walking in off the street could accomplish as much.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by troubledsol03 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">They just have never messed with Uberdata before </TD></TR></TABLE>

I know of several assmallet AEM boys who know it all and can do it all, to hear them tell it, but every time they touch a Honda ECU they get in a jam because they can't be bothered to learn about any of it in the first place, and I get PMed with Q's. The dumbasses won't go to the UD Forum like good little cake boys and use the goddamn search function or suck down their petty fevered little egos and post a Q asking for help within the public eye as that would be "losing face" in their minds.

**** them, **** that, why don't YOU go to the UD Forum and start looking around yourself... you can buy wideband/roaddyno/KS audio rig/chip burner for under $600, and that's a setup that you can tune every bit as well as a PrOfEsSiOnAl tUeNaR with the single solitary stipulation that you must have traction. You end up with a realistic 300-350 whp limitation unless you have some Bonneville Salt Flats handy for safe 4th and 5th gear tuenaring pulls. Actually, you can tune better than the so-called professionals, as real world driving down the street AFR differ from fakey-fakey still air dyno AFRs. WHich AFR do you want to tune for, the one you're going to drive around on every time you ever drive your car, or the one that gives you the biggest *** number every time it's on a set of dyno rollers?
Old 07-03-2004, 12:09 AM

Default Re: (J. Davis)

oh joseph

Quick Reply: Uberdata Help