Notices

Uberdata help

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2004, 08:25 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Uberdata help

how can you add data points to the MAP axis and RPM axis?

i'm an NA guy, but there are hardly any NA guys using uberdata. my problem lies in that a lot of the base maps for uberdata are for boosted cars. so i need to get rid of the columns that are in boost, but add more under vacuum for more part-throttle resolution for my application.

any ideas?
Old 06-05-2004, 08:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Uberdata help (soccaian)

Go to the uberdata website and ask in that forum..

the basemap are stock maps. They are't really basemaps for boosted cars. They are stock maps with extra colums for boost.

You can mess around on the MISC tab and change the MAP values.
Old 06-05-2004, 09:25 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

the forum on their website is pretty slow...

i've tried to adjust the MAP values under the misc tab, but anytime i hit 'write' the values change
Old 06-05-2004, 10:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (soccaian)

Why bother? There are more points of adjustability in the stock Honda map than a Motec offers you. More than enough to get the job done. More than enough to be overly complex.

If you had some speshul reason where you needed the extra map points, I would utilize one of the MAP sensor scripts to recalibrate the MAP as a 1 bar unit, and then run said 1 bar MAP sensor. Normal GM **** from the 80's, y0.
Old 06-05-2004, 11:51 PM

Default Re: (J. Davis)

is this ubber data stuff like the eprom chips for the dsm's and if its not can i burn different "maps" i guess u would call it ... for the dsm ecu's ... would it work?? is there anything like the ubber data for the dsm's... i know of something similar but i am unsure if you can moddify the fuel and ignition maps..

Ed-
Old 06-06-2004, 12:02 AM

^ yes....similar. I would check out dsmtuners.com about that question though. I know a guy rolling around here with a talon thats programming his ecu with his palm pilot.
Old 06-06-2004, 01:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ModenaTwinTurbo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ModenaTwinTurbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">is this ubber data stuff like the eprom chips for the dsm's and if its not can i burn different "maps" i guess u would call it ... for the dsm ecu's ... would it work?? is there anything like the ubber data for the dsm's... i know of something similar but i am unsure if you can moddify the fuel and ignition maps..</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not freeware, no. Gimpy had an alpha version of a 1G DSM tuner app, based on the E931 code dump, sketched out before his DSM died on him. THere is a yahoogroups.com list, dsm-ecu, dedicated to reverse engineering the DSM ECUs... it is 97% 1G E931 ECU relevant, and has some good tech if you're feeling handy with the data table hacks. The 2G stuff is largely untapped and pay-for-play.
Old 06-06-2004, 06:45 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (J. Davis)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by J. Davis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why bother? There are more points of adjustability in the stock Honda map than a Motec offers you. More than enough to get the job done. More than enough to be overly complex.

If you had some speshul reason where you needed the extra map points, I would utilize one of the MAP sensor scripts to recalibrate the MAP as a 1 bar unit, and then run said 1 bar MAP sensor. Normal GM **** from the 80's, y0.</TD></TR></TABLE>

so just ignore the boost portion of the MAP axis on the stock .bin's ?

roughly how many points do you think would be necessary to get the job done?