Notices

Uberdata clones for other makes??

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2004, 01:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uberdata clones for other makes??

Does anyone know of any programs like uberdata that are made for other makes other than honda? (Dodge, GM, Mitsubishi, Toyota etc...)

Also is there an uberdata program that you can use for later model hondas such as 96+ civics, preludes and accords?

I did some searching on the net as well as HT and didn't come up with anything.
Old 06-05-2004, 07:07 AM

Default Re: Uberdata clones for other makes?? (idmspeed)

Yeah, there are DIY equivalents for most brands.

Uberdata is OBD1 only, to make it work on an OBD2 car you would have to convert to OBD1.
Old 06-09-2004, 12:52 AM

Default Re: Uberdata clones for other makes?? (Mad Cow)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mad Cow &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah, there are DIY equivalents for most brands.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Where would I find more info about them? Just knowing they exist doesn't help too much.
Old 06-09-2004, 01:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by idmspeed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Where would I find more info about them? Just knowing they exist doesn't help too much.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Read mad cows sig!
and your sig sucks jk
Old 06-09-2004, 08:20 AM

well what kind of car are you talking about? regardless, start off by finding a good forum for that kind of car, and search there.

for example, if you're looking for dsm stuff, try dsmtuners.com or maybe dsmtalk.com.......and then search from there. i think there is something for 1st gen dsm's by the way. if you're looking for honda stuff, try pgmfi.org; homemadeturbo.com has some good stuff too.
Old 06-09-2004, 08:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Uberdata clones for other makes?? (JSpin)

I know the creator of ghettodyne i think its called..........just made zcontrol.net which is for 300zx twin turbos, sr20det's, and ka-turbos........its not 100% yet i dont think but hes been workn on it and its halfway workin....
Old 06-09-2004, 10:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

OBD2 stuff is pretty 1337, the guys working on it will share basic tech but they won't hold hands. They post up pictures of daughterboards they've made that supports traditional chips/chipping, some provide the schematic. They offer up memory locations of maps and speshul functions freely, and note stumbling blocks to be aware of. They show screenshots of the tuner app they wrote to work with the OBD2 ECU, and explicitly state you'll never get it and if you want one you better go to making your own. For what they share to help the people willing to learn, I'd say that is a more than generous attitude.

The Dodge guys are sort of secretive, the only ones I know of any public work being done on were the older 2.2 turbo era cars... with the wierdfuck seperate ignition module and fuelmodule setups.

GM **** is everywhere, you can do basic manipulations with freeware Winbin and the correct calibration file. diy-efi.com used to primarily be GM. There are a couple of inexpensive pay for play tuner apps for the pre-OBD2 GMs, such as TUNERcat, running around, but the GM ECM isn't very fluent. The OBD2 GM ECMs have some built in limitations that make them far from ideal, as well as the fact few people have fiddled with them, and the earlier ECMs aren't plug and play like our OBD converted Honda stuff which makes them about as expensive as a regular standalone to set up.

There are two or three freeware Nissan editors out there... Mike's z-control will eventually support SR20/RB2x/etc, but does a good job with the 90-94 300ZX right now. RomEditor1948.e appears to be in perpetual early beta w/ no updates. There is a third guy, forget his name, whose SR20-oriented app looks very slick, but he won't share it until he's confident it is stable and at that time it will be freeware.

All the DSM **** is pretty closemouthed. No one talks about 2G cars, and the 1G cars is 99% hex editing of tables. The recently banned KPT4321, sadly enough, was one of the motive forces in the 1G scene. I have archives of the dsm-ecu list - anyone interested should go to yahoogroups and join it and download the archives - which gives a lot of happy tech for anyone wanting to fiddle their ECU. FYI, GimpyAccord/GimpyCivic/Gimpster has a freeware 1G DSM ECU tuner, but his DSM died before he could finish it.

IPM, who can be found via homemadeturbo, has done some work with the Bosch Motronic stuffs, and with older EFI 4 cyl Mazda. Probably a lot more than that by now, he was fairly prolific.

There's been some work on the RX7 Turbo II ECUs, and I've been poking at a local guy to come off a MkIII Supra ECU. If anybody is interested in ****** Italian ****, I have a Marelli hacking page filed away somewhere.

I'm forgetting a lot of stuff in this post, frankly I'm sick of typing.

Old 06-09-2004, 12:50 PM
DaX
Honda-Tech Member

Received 662 Likes on 524 Posts
Default Re: Uberdata clones for other makes?? (J. Davis)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by J. Davis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The recently banned KPT4321</TD></TR></TABLE>

Whaaat? Why?
Old 06-10-2004, 12:42 AM

Default Re: Uberdata clones for other makes?? (J. Davis)

Excellent post