Notices

type r ecu

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 02:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default type r ecu

Is it safe to put a type r ecu into a gsr and will I make a decent amount of power?
Old 11-01-2005, 02:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: type r ecu (mugentype-r)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mugentype-r &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Is it safe to put a type r ecu into a gsr and will I make a decent amount of power?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I dont see why this is in the FI section. But yes, you can put it on, but it's kind of pointless unless you change the intake manifold and upgrade.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The ITR ecu also has the key immobilizer, so you'll need to override it, or have the original key
Old 11-01-2005, 07:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Boondock Saint)

hey bro i was wondering if you can help me out. i have a ITR in my ek and was thinking of turboing it. how reliable is it as a daily driver? and where you making good numbers on it? how much was the whole set up and what type of things did you do to it? i heard you can leave the internals stock like you did but what other mods did you have on it? can you let me know thanks
Old 11-01-2005, 08:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RIPPO)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RIPPO &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey bro i was wondering if you can help me out. i have a ITR in my ek and was thinking of turboing it. how reliable is it as a daily driver? and where you making good numbers on it? how much was the whole set up and what type of things did you do to it? i heard you can leave the internals stock like you did but what other mods did you have on it? can you let me know thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

It says in his signature that he has completely stock internals and made close to 300whp. I'm boosting my JDM B18C (same compression as USDM ITR) on stock internals too. You can get around 300whp maybe a little more and be safe. But the key to being safe and reliable is the tuning and how you take care of the car (regular oil changes, check that everything is in good order ofter).

Pretty much just put together a turbo kit, and get good engine management like hondata, aem EMS, apex pfc, crome, etc. Then have it tuned by a professional. Could cost you anywhere from mid 2000's up to 5-6k depending on what parts you go with.

Modified by EVIL Hx Coupe at 12:17 AM 11/2/2005
Old 11-02-2005, 02:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RIPPO)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RIPPO &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey bro i was wondering if you can help me out. i have a ITR in my ek and was thinking of turboing it. how reliable is it as a daily driver? and where you making good numbers on it? how much was the whole set up and what type of things did you do to it? i heard you can leave the internals stock like you did but what other mods did you have on it? can you let me know thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

Click the link in my sig, it'll take you to my website. All the above info is there.

I will be rebuilding with forged internals soon. She's starting to use oil, but I must say I'm surprised she's lasted 40K miles boosted.