Notices

Turbonetics Kit install ?'s for the TURBO GURUS

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2004, 08:23 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbonetics Kit install ?'s for the TURBO GURUS

I have a 2000 civic SI, And i am installing a t3/t4 turbonetics kit. I got the mani,turbo, and wastegate in with out any problems. But as i look ahead in the install a couple ?'s come to mind. I searched the archives but had a little trouble so i thought i would go right to the source.

What do i do with my Mass air flow sensor? How do i rought the oil feed line bacause the kit that was designed for my car came with a very short line? The kit comes with rubber oil return lines, can they handle that heat? The kit comes with a tap to tap my oil pan, this sounds kind of weak to me, should i weld or will i be ok? Please help asap my car is on blocks as i type this. Thanks in advane
Old 09-04-2004, 09:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turbonetics Kit install ?'s for the TURBO GURUS (Benjithx)

research some more...

https://honda-tech.com/zero...age=1
Old 09-04-2004, 09:25 AM
Trial User

I still can't find anything on my mass air flow meter. Good write up on the drag kit though.
Old 09-04-2004, 09:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Benjithx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I still can't find anything on my mass air flow meter. Good write up on the drag kit though.</TD></TR></TABLE>

When u say mass air flow meter...do you mean the MAP sensor? If so, u put the missing link inbetween the MAP sensor and the part where it connects, which is ususally the tb.

As for the oil return lines, most people (including me) replace the drag oil return line with a SS line and diff. fittings. A memeber on H-T sells them, very fast and good stuff. his name is Stan @ fast-turbo.com. The kit runs about 75 bucks, but the drag return line will work. it is designed to with stand the heat...

Oil feed can be ran on the driver or pass. side of the engine. try pass. and then driver side. most people have it on the driver side, i on the other hand have it on the pass. side.

good luck!
Old 09-04-2004, 03:42 PM
Trial User

maybe i am mistaken, it is a sensor that was in my stock intake, It seems to be a oem sensor so i want to make sure it is taken care of properly. does anyone know what the hell this thing is and what i should do with it.
Old 09-04-2004, 03:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Benjithx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">maybe i am mistaken, it is a sensor that was in my stock intake, It seems to be a oem sensor so i want to make sure it is taken care of properly. does anyone know what the hell this thing is and what i should do with it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Oh the 1 on the intake arm... nothing. let it hang y0! well that what i did and nothing happened. that was on my sohc vtec motor.

you can... get a skunk2/itr manifold and it has the same sensor but its bolted down on the mainfold and all u do is cut and solder the wires and plug it in. thats what i did with my b20 w/ skunk2 manifold.