Notices

TurboLScrx - Making my return to the fold

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2018, 04:13 PM
DaX
Honda-Tech Member

Received 662 Likes on 524 Posts
Default Re: TurboLScrx - Making my return to the fold

Clean and shiny. I disassembled my Z6 intake manifold last night and have a good few hours of cleaning to get it and all the components ready to bolt back on. You're gonna love the CSS - I almost hated to bolt the head on knowing I couldn't look at it again!
Old 12-27-2018, 05:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 286 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by turboLScrx
Got this Skunk2 pro intake and I immediately worked on deburring and cleaning up the runners from the rough casting. I’ve started to pre assemble things for when I get my block back from CSS and my head back from the machine shop. Not much action on my build but at least I’m still moving

That is sexy as ****! What did you do? I have 4 more days before I can send my block to the shop and I'm running outta **** to do!!
Old 12-27-2018, 06:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 576 Likes on 382 Posts

Thanks guys , all I did was use a air grinder all worked out all the rough casting and then I wrapped sandpaper around a flexible pipe and worked the runners the best I could until everything was smooth. I’m actually picking up my block tomorrow from my local machine shop and sending it on to CSS. My local machine shop is doing the main bore and getting all my race bearings sized and ordered for me while the block is sent off
Old 12-27-2018, 06:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks guys , all I did was use a air grinder all worked out all the rough casting and then I wrapped sandpaper around a flexible pipe and worked the runners the best I could until everything was smooth
so kinda rough sand then fine? 240 grit followed by, say, 500 work out alright?
Old 12-27-2018, 06:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Txdragon
so kinda rough sand then fine? 240 grit followed by, say, 500 work out alright?
i started with around 80 grit , just depends on how much you want removed. Just don’t port anything bigger than the next thing inline
Old 12-27-2018, 06:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i started with around 80 grit , just depends on how much you want removed. Just don’t port anything bigger than the next thing inline
Sweet! My next project then after I secure that damn AEM fuel rail. Lol
Old 12-27-2018, 06:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I also have a page for my build that I will probably have more updates and info on Facebook. Just search @turbo93civic
Old 12-28-2018, 05:55 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

I also have a page for my build that I will probably have more updates and info on Facebook. Just search @turbo93civic

Yeah.. pull more people off of forums already going down in viewership. What of those not on FB? They're done?
Old 12-28-2018, 07:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TheShodan
Yeah.. pull more people off of forums already going down in viewership. What of those not on FB? They're done?
The forum viewership is an exponential problem. People not going for 2 reasons.. Lack of information and majorly flaming fucktards; i.e. somebody posting a question that, even though may have been asked 96754876336 times, the first answer usually bashes them for not searching or how easy it is to search and so on, rather than answering the question, then adding some helpful advice on the search function.
Add to that the fact that searches turn up either outdated info, posts with dead pic links and/or dead reference links, it gets real old real fast. With social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, info can be kept current and active much easier than on dying forum platforms. H-T is a great source for almost ALL that is Honda but, even I have grown weary of hitting sooooo many dead ends on searches.
The following users liked this post:
Old 12-28-2018, 09:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TheShodan
my personal page has nothing to do with traffic on this board, I won’t post as much here since I feel certain things are more personal, but some here on this board also follow each other closely. I’m one of the few people you will find that still pushes people towards this forum. I would be happy to add a link to HT on my page.
Old 12-28-2018, 06:46 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

my personal page has nothing to do with traffic on this board, I won’t post as much here since I feel certain things are more personal, but some here on this board also follow each other closely. I’m one of the few people you will find that still pushes people towards this forum. I would be happy to add a link to HT on my page.
I understand. Unfortunately, adding the link wouldn't be allowed as part of the terms of service agreement on IB.
Old 01-01-2019, 05:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Got the block back from my local machine shop after I had the mains bored and my machine shop got all the bearing measurements for me, this allows me to get all my new bearings on order while the block is off to CSS. I also got the block sent out to CCS and they should have it Monday. I had a 4 inch thick plastic foam pad in the bottom and I cut foam board that custom fit all the around the block to fill the box and added a double layer foam board on the top of the box before I sealed it up. Hoping that was enough packing, I packed it very tight and there was zero movement when I shifted the box around. I can’t wait to start the assemble process

Old 01-01-2019, 06:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'd say it's secured. All you're missing are some ratchet straps! Lol!
Old 01-01-2019, 10:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'd say it's secured. All you're missing are some ratchet straps! Lol!
don't put that past me....
Old 01-01-2019, 05:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Damnnn I have this extra b18b sitting in my garage I should yank apart and send it to CSS and build the motor to make my car a little faster.... sometimes adulting sucks, owing a home is great but I put so much on hold lol! Looks great bro!
Old 01-01-2019, 07:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by b16racereg6
Damnnn I have this extra b18b sitting in my garage I should yank apart and send it to CSS and build the motor to make my car a little faster.... sometimes adulting sucks, owing a home is great but I put so much on hold lol! Looks great bro!
i understand the being a adult thing! Then owning your own business just adds to the no time for anything problem. I paid off my profile picture this year and that’s another reason I’m willing to spend the money on a second hobby. My wife and myself are big boaters and it’s hard to pay for two very expensive hobby’s. The boat can average 2k a month... but now I’m debt free other than our house and just really miss racing
Old 01-02-2019, 09:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 63 Likes on 46 Posts

Looking good! What are your ultimate goals for power?

Did you decide on a clutch yet? I used to have an action clutch 2ms (sprung single disc, 6 puck) and loved it. It's now in my brother's turbo wagon & still going strong.
Old 01-03-2019, 03:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ohisofly

Did you decide on a clutch yet? I used to have an action clutch 2ms (sprung single disc, 6 puck) and loved it. It's now in my brother's turbo wagon & still going strong.
Thanks for this mention on the clutch. I've been looking for a new clutch for my little revamp build and looked into this one. Been around since 2002 and little info online. Videos and stuff during use and a couple reviews. From what I see, it is worth a shot. Thank you!
Old 01-03-2019, 05:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ohisofly

built to handle 850-1000 but my season goal is 550-650 until I can afford a dogbox transmission. I will be using my ACT extreme pressure plate with a clutch masters 6 puck sprung disc and I picked up a competition clutch 8 lbs flywheel this week. This setup will hold up for my year goals until I can afford a Dogbox and twin disc setup.
Old 01-03-2019, 10:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 63 Likes on 46 Posts

Thanks for this mention on the clutch. I've been looking for a new clutch for my little revamp build and looked into this one. Been around since 2002 and little info online. Videos and stuff during use and a couple reviews. From what I see, it is worth a shot. Thank you!
Glad to help!

built to handle 850-1000 but my season goal is 550-650 until I can afford a dogbox transmission. I will be using my ACT extreme pressure plate with a clutch masters 6 puck sprung disc and I picked up a competition clutch 8 lbs flywheel this week. This setup will hold up for my year goals until I can afford a Dogbox and twin disc setup.
A dogbox will definitely be fun. Looking forward to seeing this come together and progress.
Old 01-03-2019, 02:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

been getting a few things in, love seeing the assemble parts because it means it’s getting close to that time

Old 01-03-2019, 03:27 PM
DaX
Honda-Tech Member

Received 662 Likes on 524 Posts

Hell yeah, new parts. That contrast of the two intercoolers side-by-side is crazy.
Old 01-08-2019, 12:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Talked with CNC Werx and it’s going to be the first week in February before I get my block back..... it’s going to be a loooooonnnnnngggggg 4 weeks lol. In the meantime I’ve got a few things going. Got my turbo in today and I did a size comparison from the one I had and I was able to do some cutting on the front of the car, I’m going to need to raise the intercooler about two more inches

​​​​​​​
Old 01-08-2019, 06:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Think ya coulda found something bigger?! Lol!
Old 01-08-2019, 06:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Think ya coulda found something bigger?! Lol!
Turbo or intercooler. It’s about 1/2 the size of AZ’s lol

Quick Reply: TurboLScrx - Making my return to the fold