Notices

TurboLScrx - Making my return to the fold

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2019, 01:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 576 Likes on 382 Posts
Default Re: TurboLScrx - Making my return to the fold

Originally Posted by Txdragon

Very nice! I'm still waiting on parts and physical recovery..
how is that knee coming along?
Old 04-06-2019, 02:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 286 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by turboLScrx
how is that knee coming along?
I have my first follow up this coming Tuesday. He will go over what he found out and get me scheduled for my next procedure. This one will be a bit more extensive, but still fairly routine; about 2 hours to complete. This will be a repair to the kneecap. After that, we move to the left knee. Lol
Old 04-06-2019, 06:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Worked on data logging today and worked out the graphs pretty nicely. The one thing I come to realize today is that this damn car is way to fast to be able to tune any further on the street. I hooked up my AEM solenoid to the ECU today and added up to around 15psi to the tune and it pretty much made me park the car. I’m still only running low cam mode and have not even turned vtec back on in the program until I finished the low cam maps and this damn thing almost scared me. I never felt uncomfortable driving this car while it was running 11’s but the new setup is a whole new beast! I don’t see how anybody can drive a 500hp Honda on the street? I know mine is lighter than most street cars, but this is a 10 sec car without the vtec already and low boost levels, I can’t wait to get this on the race track and see what it’s made of!!!
Old 04-06-2019, 06:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I don’t see how anybody can drive a 500hp Honda on the street?

Like granny would drive it to church!
Old 04-07-2019, 04:19 AM
DaX
Honda-Tech Member

Received 662 Likes on 524 Posts

Worked on data logging today and worked out the graphs pretty nicely. The one thing I come to realize today is that this damn car is way to fast to be able to tune any further on the street. I hooked up my AEM solenoid to the ECU today and added up to around 15psi to the tune and it pretty much made me park the car. I’m still only running low cam mode and have not even turned vtec back on in the program until I finished the low cam maps and this damn thing almost scared me. I never felt uncomfortable driving this car while it was running 11’s but the new setup is a whole new beast! I don’t see how anybody can drive a 500hp Honda on the street? I know mine is lighter than most street cars, but this is a 10 sec car without the vtec already and low boost levels, I can’t wait to get this on the race track and see what it’s made of!!!
I can't even imagine.
Old 04-07-2019, 06:00 AM
2x0
Honda-Tech Member

Received 70 Likes on 58 Posts

Anything above the 350-400whp range with FWD is pretty much useless on the street imo... Just becomes a matter of trying to control wheelspin and keep it on the road. Setting up BBG helps, but then you'll need to adjust that when going to the track.

Sounds freakin awesome though! And you'll get used to it and be turning it up in no time
Old 04-16-2019, 04:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Looks like Friday is going to be my first day on the dyno! I’ve been Street tuning enough to get a great starting point on the dyno. I have no idea what kinda numbers I’ll put down, but this will be my first real attempt at making serious power. I’d love to see it make 400hp with the little tuning experience I have.....anymore than that and I’ll be thrilled, any less and I’ll be hiring a tuner. Lol
Old 04-16-2019, 07:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sweet! Yeah, I thought I was doing good on mine last time until I started tuning with Phearable and then it became evident I wasn't really making any kind of real progress. Lol!
Old 04-17-2019, 02:59 AM
2x0
Honda-Tech Member

Received 70 Likes on 58 Posts

Good luck on Friday!

Let's see it make 500
Old 04-18-2019, 04:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It’s looking like the weather is going to work out for me to be able to race this weekend for the first time since my build. I’m doing my own tune for the first time on the track....... everybody want to guess what my best time and mph will be! Let’s hear what everyone thinks!

Old 04-18-2019, 05:03 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

It’s looking like the weather is going to work out for me to be able to race this weekend for the first time since my build. I’m doing my own tune for the first time on the track....... everybody want to guess what my best time and mph will be! Let’s hear what everyone thinks!
Not to sound like a killjoy, but after all the hard work you've put into this project before tuning,. My Hope is that the car (and you most importantly) just make it back in one piece. You'll get the car just perfect if you don't have hyped-up unrealistic expectations to begin with. Just be impartial, exacting and emotionless as a Vulcan
Old 04-18-2019, 05:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TheShodan
Not to sound like a killjoy, but after all the hard work you've put into this project before tuning,. My Hope is that the car (and you most importantly) just make it back in one piece. You'll get the car just perfect if you don't have hyped-up unrealistic expectations to begin with. Just be impartial, exacting and emotionless as a Vulcan
lol. At this point I’m just having some fun finally...... I’ve got a pretty good idea what it’s going to run
Old 04-18-2019, 07:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

120-130 trap speed, low/mid-11 time.
Old 04-19-2019, 07:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Rain has been a slow mover over my area and I’m really hoping it moves on out in time to run tomorrow
Old 04-19-2019, 12:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheShodan
What the hell is wrong with you man? He's taking his car to the track. He didn't say he was bout to drive it off a cliff. SMH
Old 04-19-2019, 12:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol. At this point I’m just having some fun finally...... I’ve got a pretty good idea what it’s going to run
Did you actually get a number on the dyno?

I'm not sure if your driver mod any good lol But sounds like the car is gonna trap between 130-135. Good Luck and Have fun...
Old 04-19-2019, 02:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I just got back from the dyno a few minutes ago......A few things didn’t go my way and I had to run the car off the wastegate spring and I didn’t get to work on boost settings. The 255 walbro pump also was running out and I started to lean out over 8k rpm . Over all I’m thrilled! At 11psi and my dumbass doing the tuning, the car made 404whp and 265 lbs of torque. I didn’t expect to see over 400 until 15psi or better. I’m very happy so far.

Old 04-19-2019, 04:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Very nice! Timing was pretty conservative then? I think I may have hit the time/speed pretty close according to those numbers. Lol
Old 04-19-2019, 06:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Very nice! Timing was pretty conservative then? I think I may have hit the time/speed pretty close according to those numbers. Lol
.4 deg per psi is what I have it set at right now, so close to 5deg pulled at 11psi car made 140 more hp with high cam engaged. I tuned it on low cam and then did the math on how much fuel to add for high cam. Made 366 first pull with vtec engaging
Old 04-19-2019, 06:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

.4 deg per psi is what I have it set at right now, so close to 5deg pulled at 11psi car made 140 more hp with high cam engaged. I tuned it on low cam and then did the math on how much fuel to add for high cam. Made 366 first pull with vtec engaging
Very nice! I stuck with 1:1 on my last tune. I'm hoping to do a full dyno tune this time around. I'll probably clean up partial and idle but leave WOT for the dyno.
Old 04-19-2019, 07:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Very nice! I stuck with 1:1 on my last tune. I'm hoping to do a full dyno tune this time around. I'll probably clean up partial and idle but leave WOT for the dyno.
i was at .75 on 93 but E85 I changed it to .40. I did a pretty good street tune, I didn’t have to change too much on the dyno
Old 04-20-2019, 12:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 04-20-2019, 12:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Man.. Almost no visible engine twist at all. Those mounts are tough. Lol! Car sounds beast. When the turbo starts spooling, sounds like a little jet about to take off.
Old 04-20-2019, 12:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Man.. Almost no visible engine twist at all. Those mounts are tough. Lol! Car sounds beast. When the turbo starts spooling, sounds like a little jet about to take off.
ha! I was just watching for motor shift myself. The crap turbo manifold I have broke on the dyno which is what made me call it quits. Been Talking with Humble Performance today about getting a KLM top mount. I was surprised how loud the turbo was
Old 04-20-2019, 03:11 PM
DaX
Honda-Tech Member

Received 662 Likes on 524 Posts

Sounds good on the dyno. Bummer about the manifold

Quick Reply: TurboLScrx - Making my return to the fold