Notices

TURBOED HONDAS IN THE RAIN

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2001, 10:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TURBOED HONDAS IN THE RAIN

Anyone have any trouble driving in the rain while its pouring like hell. I never drive my car in the rain until the past two days... Well i ask because I did yesterday and the damn car backfired and a lot and the damn thing died and would not start after awhile...

another question>>> after pulling my car back in the garage. I opened the intake pipe where it meets the TB and water came pouring out... Can H2O get in to your intercooler and go up in your pipes...???

I tried starting the car with the pipes on and it wouldnt start like I had a dead battery, which I didnt, I take the pipe off and it starts. So I figure the damn pipes are flooded. I disconnect them and damnit to hell water came gushing out. My thing too is do they make the rubber hoses that hold the intercooler pipes together water tight seeled. I ask because them too were tight as ****.

any suggestions beside not driving it in the rain again.
Old 11-16-2001, 10:55 AM

Default Re: TURBOED HONDAS IN THE RAIN (synergy004)

You must have been going into some deep *** puddles. If not, then you obviously have a leak in your piping... or a hole in your intercooler. But unless that hole in the intercooler is HUGE, there shouldn't be that much water getting in. Maybe some of your pipes just were getting sealed properly by the couplings.
Old 11-16-2001, 11:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: TURBOED HONDAS IN THE RAIN (Rob92SC)

not so sure my turbo could probably suck some small children into my motor if I didnt have that filter on it! where is your filter located?
Old 11-16-2001, 12:05 PM
New User

Default Re: TURBOED HONDAS IN THE RAIN (rtype11)

check for leaks in the piping or intercooler, sounds like you have a leak or water is coming in through your filter.
Old 11-16-2001, 12:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: TURBOED HONDAS IN THE RAIN (HondaCRX)

The water woulda hafta come in post turbo, cause i dont really see how any kinda water could make it past a super-hot turbo. Check your intercooler connections.

Tom
Old 11-16-2001, 12:53 PM
Trial User

i drove through some rain the other day... and hit some puddles..

i have no leaks that i know of... but i dont boost in the rain and i dont drive fast... hence my chances for puddle destruction are slimmer...

you have to had gone through some deep puddles or splashed a ton of water...

do you have the rain/splash guard on still?? i took mine off andleft it off after the turbo install... im putting it back on...
Old 11-16-2001, 02:06 PM
New User

Default Re: TURBOED HONDAS IN THE RAIN (GSRwBOOST)

If your intercooler had a hole in it big enough for all that water to get in, you would know. You would have no power whatsoever. I punctured one in my Conquest and had to get it welded up. Sounds like you sucked it up thru your intake.
Old 11-16-2001, 02:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: TURBOED HONDAS IN THE RAIN (Blownlude)

i drove it once and had no problem except a lil hydroplane...
Old 11-16-2001, 02:40 PM

you must have a hole somewhere, my car loves the rain. traction is a joke but the car runs great, and ive been in some pretty hard storms.
Old 11-16-2001, 03:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

not so sure my turbo could probably suck some small children into my motor if I didnt have that filter on it! where is your filter located?
hahahhahaha, that put a grin on my face...

"Another small child has dissappeared today in turboville and is suspected lost to the demons of turbonic suction. The child dissappeared in a blur of incredible speed and power. Witnesses reported, "hearing a stange whistling sound" as the monster, in a blurish flurry, took yet another child. Tragically, this is the fourth such occurance in the last month. The culprit still remians unidentifiable and at large, as the only forms of evidence thus far gathered are the blurred sightings and that mysterious whistling sound. There is still much debate as to what the whistling sound means. Some think there may be an extraterrestrial link. Other observers remain unsure. Yet one thing is for sure, all citizens of turboville are now living in fear for the lives of their children. Handgun and liquor sales have increased considerably. The mayor has expressed concern regarding the potential deadly combination these increased sales could have on the city. The city council is concerned that since the mayor was recently seen with hookers he has lost his credability and that no one will listen to his warnings. City resident, John Marsh stated, "Those wern't hookers, it was my wife, and if I see him with her again I'm gonna shoot his ***!" Unfortunatley, in this reporters opinion, Marsh continues to remain in denial over his wifes true occupation, which she happens to be very good at (golf *****, garden hoses and what not). For now, tensions remain high in our troubled city. Associated Press."

hahahahahahahah...Go suction demons!!

[Modified by greyzone, 1:38 AM 11/17/2001]
Old 11-16-2001, 04:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: TURBOED HONDAS IN THE RAIN

I drive my car through the rain all the time. Knocking on wood but so far I've had no problems. I also don't have my weather guard on. I just drive slower then usual in the rain.
Old 11-16-2001, 06:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: TURBOED HONDAS IN THE RAIN (greyzone)

"Another small child has dissappeared today in turboville and is suspected lost to the demons of turbonic suction. The child dissappeared in a blur of incredible speed and power. Witnesses reported, "hearing a stange whistling sound" as the monster, in a blurish flurry, took yet another child. Tragically, this is the fourth such occurance in the last month. The culprit still remians unidentifiable and at large, as the only forms of evidence thus far gathered are the blurred sightings and that mysterious whistling sound. There is still much debate as to what the whistling sound means. Some think there may be an extraterrestrial link. Other observers remain unsure. Yet one thing is for sure, all citizens of turboville are now living in fear for the lives of their children. Handgun and liquor sales have increased considerably. The mayor has expressed concern regarding the potential deadly combination these increased sales could have on the city. The city council is concerned that since the mayor was recently seen with hookers he has lost his credability and that no one will listen to his warnings. City resident, John Marsh stated, "Those wern't hookers, it was my wife, and if I see him with her again I'm gonna shoot his ***!" Unfortunatley, in this reporters opinion, Marsh continues to remain in denial over his wifes true occupation, which she happens to be very good at (golf *****, garden hoses and what not). For now, tensions remain high in our troubled city. Associated Press."

hahahahahahahah...Go suction demons!!

Hehe....He said turbonic suction....hehe

[Modified by greyzone, 1:38 AM 11/17/2001]
Old 11-16-2001, 06:46 PM
New User

Default Re: TURBOED HONDAS IN THE RAIN (Outsider GSR)

i once knew a girl with turbonic suction...
Old 11-16-2001, 10:36 PM
New User

Default Re: TURBOED HONDAS IN THE RAIN (dlplayboy)

I drove through a big puddle earlier this week and water splashed everywhere. Nothing made it into the engine. If you have all connections tight, etc., you should be ok.
Old 11-18-2001, 12:59 PM

Default Re: TURBOED HONDAS IN THE RAIN (Anthony K)

what's this weather guard thing?
Old 11-18-2001, 02:40 PM

Default Re: TURBOED HONDAS IN THE RAIN (sando112)

what's this weather guard thing?
i think hes talking about that plastic thing that connects to your front bumper and goes back under your radaitor and a/c condensor and stuff
Old 11-19-2001, 09:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: TURBOED HONDAS IN THE RAIN (greyzone)

just getting caught up with the last few days and must say your creative writting classes really must have paid off, now if I spotted you 10G's could you write a book like Harry Potter??? we'ed make a killing!
Old 11-19-2001, 01:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

just getting caught up with the last few days and must say your creative writting classes really must have paid off, now if I spotted you 10G's could you write a book like Harry Potter??? we'ed make a killing!
Absolutley!

This was the second draft...sorry to put you all through this again but its just cracking me up. Maybe we could make a movie, got any ideas for the script??? Remember the importance of humor, its priceless. Now, that said, I know someones gonna give me ****...

"Another small child has dissappeared today in troubled Turboville and is suspected lost to the demons of turbonic suction. The child dissappeared in a blur of incredible speed and frenzied power as it was chasing after a ball that had rolled close to the street. Witnesses reported, "hearing a stange whistling sound" as the monster, in a blurish flurry, took yet another child. Tragically, this is the fourth such occurance in the last month. The culprit still remians unidentifiable and at large, as the only forms of evidence thus far gathered are the blurred sightings and that mysterious whistling sound. There is still much debate as to what the whistling sound means. Some think there may be an extraterrestrial link; other observers remain unsure. City officials had no explanation for why the demon seems to prefer the cities streets and only rarely has been observed on sidewalks. Yet one thing is for sure, all citizens of turboville are now living in fear for the lives of their children. This new wave of fear has also caused handgun and liquor sales to increase considerably. The mayor has expressed concern regarding the potential deadly combination these increased sales could have on the city.

The city council is concerned however that since the mayor was recently seen with hookers he has lost his credability and that no one will listen to his warnings. City resident, John Marsh, angrily stated, "Those wern't hookers, it was my wife and her sister, and if I see him with her again I'm gonna shoot his ***!" Unfortunatley, in this reporters opinion, Marsh continues to remain in denial over his wifes true occupation, which she happens to be very good at (golf ***** and garden hoses being what they are). Marsh had no comment when asked about the parellels between his wife and the turbonic suction demon.

For now, tensions remain high in our troubled city. If you listen closley, you can hear the distant whistling sounds of the demon, mostly late at night when all is quiet. Parents are advised to keep their young children inside their homes, especially after dark. Associated Press."

Like I said, sorry, but I just coulndt resist

[Modified by greyzone, 10:44 PM 11/19/2001]