Notices

turbocharging a 07 honda fit

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 05:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbocharging a 07 honda fit

well i think i'm going to put her back to stock. i started this project thinking there was more performance options for people like me. people who actually work on there own stuff. i can't seem to get a str8 answer from anyone about something as simple as buying software to adjust fuel mixtures and timing. i'm not fond of sending my ecm off to a tuner when ever i need tweeking.where's the fun in that?! how do you learn if someone else is tuning YOUR car?! i've always had american cars. i just pull out my laptop and get realtime data. simple. with these imports its always a iffy answer. "well, i think k-pro has a software" or maybe N1 has something"
then theres the exhaust, i wanted to do away with the cat and in order to do that i need to get a o2 simulator. no one makes them for the fit.its not like thats NEW technology! o2 sims have been out for years. i had some people advise me to off set the sensor with plug extender used for fouled plugs. they said it works most of the time. i don't build like that. my **** works all the time or i will find another way of doing it. consistancy is the true sign of a well built car. what good is a car that can turn 11's only ONCE!
i'm looking at spending $ 3,000 + just to get the car running efficiant and dependable. for $500-$700 i can put a wet nitrous 50hp shot and its done in a weekend. perhaps this car is just too new i don't know but the effort isn't worth the end result. i also own a 07 masdaspeed3 which is a fun car to drive. not fast but quick.it is a true testiment of what is capable when all the pieces come together correctly but it was built from the ground up as a turbocharged car.
i never expected the fit to be a speed contender just wanted to give it a little push. so NOS it will be. good luck to all you guys with your turbo's, intercoolers, duct tape, clothes pins and what ever else you need to make it happen. lol. i'll stick to american muscle cars! i appreciate all the help though. see ya on the road.

Modified by justhavnfun at 8:34 PM 1/3/2007

Modified by justhavnfun at 8:42 PM 1/3/2007
Old 01-03-2007, 07:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dr. charles built a pretty cool one on street tuner challenge
Old 01-03-2007, 08:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sorry you feel that way about hondas. bring your muscle car by, maybe it will be fast enough to justify its gas guzzling existance...

the truth to fit is that not many people here own one. it is simply too new and the motor just didn't show enough potential for anyone to even give it a try. as dunkd said, it was on street tuner challenge and something did go wrong...
Old 01-03-2007, 09:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: turbocharging a 07 honda fit (justhavnfun)

Its been done but not for $3000...look to spend about $2k more.

Secondly most guys here opt to do a K20A swap. More bang for the buck

might wanna even check HKS or Top Fuel to see what they have:

Old 01-04-2007, 10:55 AM
B*A*N*N*E*D

Default Re: turbocharging a 07 honda fit (MiraiZ)

on newstands now:

2.6L K swap

check with the guys at Hasport for the swap kit
Old 01-04-2007, 11:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I was wondering what had happened w/ that car the other day.

I thought it was gonna be a 2.7L
Old 01-04-2007, 02:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What just happened here?
Old 01-04-2007, 06:31 PM

Default Re: turbocharging a 07 honda fit (gLok)

i have no ill feelings towards hondas. what gave you that impression? i was simply saying there doesn't seem to be any organization of information for performance software or other high performance products for hondas. hondata seems to be the closest commercial application but you have to go to their dealers for them to tune your car! thats cool if you have no interest in learning tuning. but if you're like me and you want to do the work yourself, and learn from your mistakes and not others.
as far as bring my american muscle cars... well i own a 07' masdaspeed3, actually bought it for my wife to get the groceries in (import) my 17 yr old has the honda fit, 07' lingenfelter ZO6, and a 00' pontiac trans am ram air convertable. (which is for sale) but except for the masda and the pontiac i haven't seen anything on this site that i would be worried about. i can do
9's all day long. it is twin turboed and will smoke your import... . . effortlessly! trust me. took delivery of my vette 22 days ago and it is a rocket! 800 hp all under gm warranty.
ya know , i knew someone out there would come back with some trash talk as soon as i mentioned american muscle cars. if you read my post, all i'm saying is without being able to control mixture and timing and the lack of other supporting performance products to completly modify the car properly, its pointless. you can make anything fast with the right amount of money. from what i've seen not much is out there for hondas. NOS is the best solution.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:36 PM

Default Re: turbocharging a 07 honda fit (MiraiZ)

i posted 3000 plus! i stopped counting after it became apparent its not worth the money spent. read the post man! and jersy boy my 07 ling zo6 is the most fuel efficient sports car in its class. do your homework son.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:46 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by justhavnfun &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> it is twin turboed and will smoke your import... . . effortlessly! trust me. took delivery of my vette 22 days ago and it is a rocket! 800 hp all under gm warranty. </TD></TR></TABLE>

expletive off dad. if you were really that interested in tuning/wrenching/modifying your own (or your sons) car, you would read further into it. theres tons of info on this and other sites, and theres plenty of aftermarket support for hondas. disagreeing with that statement is rediculous. additionally, if you really want to learn about modifying your sons Fit, i HIGHLY doubt you have a LF ZO6. im not calling bullshit, but its either one or the other...if you love modding cars so much why not buy a stock ZO6 and turbo it yourself? especially since american cars are so easy to plug your laptop into and get info.

i will however, call bullshit on you running 9's. you took delivery 22 days ago but youve had it out to the track already? lets see some slips.

Old 01-04-2007, 07:02 PM

Hm. Few things wrong here:

A. If you have a LF.. that's nice, but don't go trying to glorify it as the fastest thing here
B. It is not the fastest car on this board.
C. The Fit is a brand new car. Corvettes have been around for how long? Okay, thanks.
D. If you really wanted to turbocharge the Fit, you could do it. Start fabricating. Fuel management? Can't find anything Honda specific? Since you're such a DIY'er.. use MegaSquirt.. proven to be reliable and a good system.
E. How about you try calling a few well known Honda Performance Shops in your area and ask them these questions.

? ?
Old 01-04-2007, 07:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: turbocharging a 07 honda fit (ccivic)

Post pics of your 800 hp gm warranty vette please, i love vettes.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Quote: 07' lingenfelter ZO6, and a 00' pontiac trans am ram air convertable. (which is for sale) but except for the masda and the pontiac i haven't seen anything on this site that i would be worried about. i can do
9's all day long. it is twin turboed and will smoke your import... . . effortlessly! trust me. took delivery of my vette 22 days ago and it is a rocket! 800 hp all under gm warranty

That is not really the way to get anyone to help you, Unless it's on an old fart GM board. You tell everyone how good you corvette is, why even mess with a 45 mpg Fit ?
You might want to aks for help again. I have respect for all cars, But the rattle, squeek,Creek,loose feeling Vette"... It's realy not the Mutts Nutts........Come on!.

Modified by CRVRX at 12:35 PM 1/5/2007
Old 01-04-2007, 07:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by justhavnfun &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have no ill feelings towards hondas. what gave you that impression?</TD></TR></TABLE>

What gave us that idea? How about this one?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by justhavnfun &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">good luck to all you guys with your turbo's, intercoolers, duct tape, clothes pins and what ever else you need to make it happen. lol. i'll stick to american muscle cars!</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by justhavnfun &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i was simply saying there doesn't seem to be any organization of information for performance software or other high performance products for hondas. hondata seems to be the closest commercial application but you have to go to their dealers for them to tune your car! thats cool if you have no interest in learning tuning. but if you're like me and you want to do the work yourself, and learn from your mistakes and not others.</TD></TR></TABLE>

it seems like the only thing you know about honda limits to the hondata website. But you should go back to go through the site again. S300 does not need a dealer to tune your car. You can tune it if you have a slightest clue on how to tune an engine. If you search through the site, you might understand a little more about boosting. American or Japanese, boost is boost.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by justhavnfun &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">as far as bring my american muscle cars... well i own a 07' masdaspeed3, actually bought it for my wife to get the groceries in (import) my 17 yr old has the honda fit, 07' lingenfelter ZO6, and a 00' pontiac trans am ram air convertable. (which is for sale) but except for the masda and the pontiac i haven't seen anything on this site that i would be worried about. i can do
9's all day long. it is twin turboed and will smoke your import... . . effortlessly! trust me. took delivery of my vette 22 days ago and it is a rocket! 800 hp all under gm warranty.
ya know , i knew someone out there would come back with some trash talk as soon as i mentioned american muscle cars. if you read my post, all i'm saying is without being able to control mixture and timing and the lack of other supporting performance products to completly modify the car properly, its pointless. you can make anything fast with the right amount of money. from what i've seen not much is out there for hondas. NOS is the best solution.</TD></TR></TABLE>

if you know anything about performance; even just from American cars, you should be able to boost the fit with fmu and fpr right off the bat. Just by you mentioning NOS over boost while you still have no clue on how to control mixture and timing, you just showed this board you have absolutely no idea what is coming out of your mouth.

The most fuel efficient car in its class... yea. just like the saying Hummer H1 is the most fuel effcient car of its class... Since its class is not fuel efficient, what does that mean? I hope you have been drinking. If you are not, you should.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: turbocharging a 07 honda fit (wenlyone)

Slips & Pics or BAN

Old 01-04-2007, 07:58 PM

Default Re: turbocharging a 07 honda fit (CRVRX)

READ, READ, READ! first i was not asking for advise. i was stating that i had decided after a week of dead end advise on this site from people who were trying to help me, that i chose to go the NOS route. i also thanked each and all that had tryed to help. secound, i hadn't even mentioned my vette until i was attacked about american muscle cars. i can assure you nothing in my vette rattles. obviously you've never ridden in a zo6. its probably the finest built sports car ever made. highest weight to hp ratio in the world. contends with $150,000.00 exotic cars hands down. i'm not the one with the chip on my shoulder!
i own both import and domestic vehicles and speak highly about both. alot of you import owners hear american muscle cars and you start slamming us and you haven't got a clue what the F you're talking about! but thats you're problem. as i posted before! NOT TRYING TO MAKE A SPEED DEMON OUT OF THE FIT! JUST TRYING TO GIVE IT A LITTLE ME ZIP!! is that clear enough for you ?!! i've only posted it like four times. hondas are not my idea of a fast car.you can make them quick, but thats about all (there is a difference) they're not engineered (bottomend or top end) for the hp people want to run them. yeh you can beef up the crank and the rods, forge the pistons, port and polish the heads. you can do that with any engine but you're still working with the stock block which is weak in design. run your 400 hp honda engine for 5 years and tally the cost it took to keep it running. my pontiac is close to 400 hp and its 7 yrs old! doesn't burn a drop of oil and runs like a top. before you go casting judgement on someone, READ!
Old 01-04-2007, 08:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I wasn't attacking about muscle cars, I have two uncles that build show and go muscle. One has a 56' Del Ray 383 Strocker and the other has a black SS Nova (forget the year). A week isn't long enough to look for parts for a car that new. If you still want to do a turbo system and/or a swap then contact Skunk2. As mentioned they built up a Fit for a TV show.......kinda ungly I might add.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:19 PM

pheurton-skeurto
ok dumb *** first enlighten me now, tell me where i can purchase a software and link cable to adjust timing and fuel because for a week now no one hase been able to give me anything ! put up or shut who and where ? post it! also o2 simulator. who and where? i'll bet i never hear from you again.

do you think i'm going to spend $45,000 over list for a lingf option without knowing how the package performed?! i know driving your honda that someone actually owning a $125,000.00 sports car is beyond your believing. i purchased my vette from criswell chevrolet in md.would you like to know the salesman who sold it to me? list price on the car was $86,000.00 got them to $80,000.00 and purchased with the ling. performance package. never saw the car it was built and shipped to lingf and took 12 weeks to complete.it came with a complete dyno workup and toped out at 798 hp. it was my gift to myself after selling two successful businesses. ***! i could careless if you believe me or not. actually i knew that accusation was coming sooner or later from american car haters.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:37 PM

skunk2 replyed they only had a 60mm exhaust avail. also everyone mentions skunk2 fit. not trying to go that extreme. they tore that car apart completly. it has no a/c, no abs, all ripped out. looking for about 75 hp above stock. its more economical to use nitros.
i did call 6 honda performance shops. 4 wanted me to send them the ecm and they would program, 2 never responded but probably looking to do the same.

oh and wenlyone a wet nos system can be used on any stock engine without adjusting the factory fuel ratio. dumb ***! you're thinking of dry where you have to richen the engines fuel to accomadate for the nos only nozzle. who doesn't know what the f they're talking about now?!
Old 01-04-2007, 08:44 PM

poo poo......You need to read better.

Sure, there is a ton of crap on this site (just like any other)...But I have gleaned more knowledge from this site than my $8,500/semester private college.

Grow the f*ck up.....information is bountiful &lt;sp, USE YOUR EYES AND MIND.

sheesh.....
Old 01-04-2007, 08:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: turbocharging a 07 honda fit (LSEGHATCH)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LSEGHATCH &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Slips & Pics or BAN

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 01-05-2007, 06:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by justhavnfun &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> hondas are not my idea of a fast car.you can make them quick, but thats about all (there is a difference) they're not engineered (bottomend or top end) for the hp people want to run them. yeh you can beef up the crank and the rods, forge the pistons, port and polish the heads. you can do that with any engine but you're still working with the stock block which is weak in design. run your 400 hp honda engine for 5 years and tally the cost it took to keep it running. my pontiac is close to 400 hp and its 7 yrs old! doesn't burn a drop of oil and runs like a top. before you go casting judgement on someone, READ!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Um, WHAT? Im not getting into the debate about Domestic vs. Import because I like them both.

But, this is a very ignorant statement. You have to look at what the hondas were originally designed for: fuel economy and reliability. Most people (myself included) make 600+ (many people make more than that) on stock blocks (with the exception of sleeves) and stock cranks and then funnel that through stock transmissions. And daily drive them...

I guess they must be poorly designed.

It all comes down to the indended purpose of the car... Your vette was designed to make a bazillion HP. and it does. great.

My civic's intended purpose was to sip gas and run forever. But, I decided it would be more fun to boost it and make some real power. So is it sub-par because I changed its intended purpose using as many stock parts as possble? hmmm.. I guess thats what makes it a debate.

Its too bad that you got turned off to the whole concept before you really got any valid info. But N20 is a very viable option, and I hope that it gives your the "zip" you are looking for.

Old 01-05-2007, 07:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: turbocharging a 07 honda fit (ykracing)

Old 01-05-2007, 07:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by justhavnfun &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
i purchased my vette from criswell chevrolet in md. </TD></TR></TABLE>

haha, that's where the Borat skit was filmed. maybe I'll run in to you on rt 50 someday
Old 01-05-2007, 07:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: turbocharging a 07 honda fit (LSEGHATCH)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LSEGHATCH &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><FONT SIZE="6">Slips & Pics or BAN</FONT>

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Quick Reply: turbocharging a 07 honda fit