Notices

turbo worries

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2002, 08:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo worries

well, i got my new turbo today, i ordered it through the group buy that was on here a little while ago, the turbo is tight as **** and it pulls way harder than my other one, 2 problems, the turbo will mount to the drag manifold with no problem but it wont go back in without hitting the block, now we grinded the block all the way down and we didnt want to go any farther so i had to use a 1 inch flange to extend the manifold out so it would clear everything,its a pain but it works, i have to order a new manifold for it to be how i want it, another thing is the turbo doesnt make any sound at all, no classic turbo whistling at all and im wondering if it could be made like that and its something new i have never heard of or if it could somehow be related to the manifold being exteded outward or if it could be a defect, the thing is the car pulls hard as **** and feels really nice im just worried about the no whistling thing, i mean all turbo's do that, and i'm wondering why mine isnt, any help would be great.........
Old 05-11-2002, 09:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: turbo worries (IMPATIENT)

My turbo is really quiet too...doesn't make much sound...which is ok....I think that as you put more miles on the turbo, you will be able to hear te turbo more and more....I didn't hear the turbo at all at first....only the sound of air being forced in and the BOV...but now if I listen carefully...I can't hear the turbo whirl up...
Old 05-11-2002, 09:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: turbo worries (MiraiZ)

well, at least im not the only one, hopefully it just need to be broken in some more and then maybe i can hear it, i was just wondering if this was a problem or not,i can hear the bov loud and clear, did you have problems with the manifold fitting back on correctly..........
Old 05-11-2002, 09:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

as long as you're getting boost and your turbo is getting enough oil, you're ok....I think at about 1000miles, you'll be albe to hear the turbo more...mine is still quiet, but I don't drive my car much due to problems.... Just a note though, exceessively loud turbos indicates problems, so consider the quietness a blessing...
Old 05-11-2002, 11:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

which turbo kit is this?