Notices

turbo tuning

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 06:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo tuning

i am currently installing a turbo kit on my 93 ls motor and i was wondering for now could i just get it running with the external wastegate that goes with the kit until i can afford a fuel management computer or boost controller?
Old 12-21-2005, 07:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: turbo tuning (89crxsleeper)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 89crxsleeper &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i am currently installing a turbo kit on my 93 ls motor and i was wondering for now could i just get it running with the external wastegate that goes with the kit until i can afford a fuel management computer or boost controller?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not sure exactly what you are asking, but do not be in a hurry to turbo your car. Make sure you will have management before you run it hard, you actually shouldnt even run it without it being tuned. If you do you risk the chance of blowing the motor, seriously. If you don't believe me then go ahead and try it. Do yourself and your engine a favor and wait to run it until you get it tuned. And with a real management system. In other words, NO AFC. Use crome at minimum, from what I have read about it, crome is a very good low cost option. GL.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:41 PM

Default Re: turbo tuning (KeyserSoze)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by KeyserSoze &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Not sure exactly what you are asking, but do not be in a hurry to turbo your car. Make sure you will have management before you run it hard, you actually shouldnt even run it without it being tuned. If you do you risk the chance of blowing the motor, seriously. If you don't believe me then go ahead and try it. Do yourself and your engine a favor and wait to run it until you get it tuned. And with a real management system. In other words, NO AFC. Use crome at minimum, from what I have read about it, crome is a very good low cost option. GL.</TD></TR></TABLE>

oh yeah - get engine management most definately. A little bit ago - i was piecing together a turbo kit - the first thing i did was buy an engine management. hondata s300 It was the first on my list because it was the most important.