Notices

Turbo suggestions, D16 300whp

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2004, 07:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo suggestions, D16 300whp

I have my block in piecing right now and am going to throw in some eagle rods/cp pistons. I'm running the greddy kit right now and I know that my 15g is pretty much maxxed out @15psi. I was thinking about picking up an 18g and getting an adapter plate made and bolt it up to my manifold. Trying to stay with something with an internal WG(moneywise) like the 18g or a super 60. If it would be in my best interest to change evertying over to an external WG i'll consider it. I'm looking probably to make ~300whp with the rods/pistons, and I want to keep my torque #'s high. Any suggestions you have are appreciated.

Pfieff
Old 03-24-2004, 07:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turbo suggestions, D16 300whp (Pfieffdog)

also wanna know..but with a sc34 turbo..
Old 03-24-2004, 08:35 PM

bump
Old 03-24-2004, 08:50 PM

Default Re: (Pfieffdog)

if you guys are looking to make that much horse out of a d series motor, i would suggest sleeving the block, forging the pistons and going with a ball-bearing set up.
The biggest problem i see besides blowing the motor is that there's not enough displacement to spool the turbo. Also the more engine management you use, the more power you can abstract from the turbo. And the cooler the air, the more true boost your putting in so a good intercooler would serve you justice
Old 03-24-2004, 08:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (monstercrx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by monstercrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if you guys are looking to make that much horse out of a d series motor, i would suggest sleeving the block, forging the pistons and going with a ball-bearing set up.
The biggest problem i see besides blowing the motor is that there's not enough displacement to spool the turbo. Also the more engine management you use, the more power you can abstract from the turbo. And the cooler the air, the more true boost your putting in so a good intercooler would serve you justice</TD></TR></TABLE>

err numerous people have made over 300whp on stock sleeves. the tuning is the key. and you don't need a bb turbo for the d16. as it's been suggested many times before. the SC50 or ur average T3/T04E 50 trim should be good to meet those goals.
Old 03-24-2004, 08:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Pfieffdog &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have my block in piecing right now and am going to throw in some eagle rods/cp pistons. I'm running the greddy kit right now and I know that my 15g is pretty much maxxed out @15psi. I was thinking about picking up an 18g and getting an adapter plate made and bolt it up to my manifold. Trying to stay with something with an internal WG(moneywise) like the 18g or a super 60. If it would be in my best interest to change evertying over to an external WG i'll consider it. I'm looking probably to make ~300whp with the rods/pistons, and I want to keep my torque #'s high. Any suggestions you have are appreciated.

Pfieff
</TD></TR></TABLE>

just reread ur post. i think an 18g would be a good choice too.
Old 03-24-2004, 08:59 PM

Default Re: Turbo suggestions, D16 300whp (CivicRyda2k)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CivicRyda2k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

just reread ur post. i think an 18g would be a good choice too.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks for the reply, keep em coming. Anyone know any other places to look for 18g's other than the classified section here?
Old 03-24-2004, 09:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ebay? u still keeping the y7 head or swapping to a z6/y8 head?
Old 03-24-2004, 09:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

would the sc34 be good??
Old 03-24-2004, 09:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turbo suggestions, D16 300whp (skellator_thoj)

hes trying to stay with something with an internal WG(moneywise)
Old 03-24-2004, 09:54 PM

Default Re: (monstercrx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by monstercrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if you guys are looking to make that much horse out of a d series motor, i would suggest sleeving the block, forging the pistons and going with a ball-bearing set up.
The biggest problem i see besides blowing the motor is that there's not enough displacement to spool the turbo. Also the more engine management you use, the more power you can abstract from the turbo. And the cooler the air, the more true boost your putting in so a good intercooler would serve you justice</TD></TR></TABLE>

HAHAHAHAHAHA Do you have any idea what your even sayin??? I believe not....you want more displacement buddy, turn up the boost!!! But honestly dont talk unless you know what yur sayin cause obviously you dont...D seres sleeves are the same as sleeves of a B16 and no one questions them at 300....any idiot will blow a motor at any power level, you need to know what yur doing....If you want a motor with displacement buy a freakin v8 or something, dont go lookin at Honda for that,.....You seriously are talking out your ***, you just really make me mad and so does everyone else that just talks out there *** on this forum....IRRITATED IS THE WERD!!!!

Anway (deep breathe).....you could do 300+ish on a super 60, thats what i have and that is my goal for end of summer as I enter the workforce after 5 years of college and hope to make a few bucks (.63 turbine, front mount, 650's, and other stuff) ......I plan on doing it with 15-18psi as long as I "pull in more cooler air to feed my turbo and give me more boost" like Jethro says... , Its a good turbo for the D, spools quick and pulls hard to redline and above...My peak power is when i left off the gas at 7000 rpms on the dyno and she still had more in her (should have went to 7500, might have pulled another 5hp out of her, damn me!) The 18G would work very well also im sure, dont know much about it though...but I thought it bolted up to the greddy manifold???? Anyway it seems yur on yur way to makin some awesome power and enjoying that non displaced D series that is to small to spool a turbo .....good luck, cause we are the few - the proud, were D series owners

Old 03-25-2004, 09:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TravSi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TravSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

HAHAHAHAHAHA Do you have any idea what your even sayin??? I believe not....you want more displacement buddy, turn up the boost!!! But honestly dont talk unless you know what yur sayin cause obviously you dont...D seres sleeves are the same as sleeves of a B16 and no one questions them at 300....any idiot will blow a motor at any power level, you need to know what yur doing....If you want a motor with displacement buy a freakin v8 or something, dont go lookin at Honda for that,.....You seriously are talking out your ***, you just really make me mad and so does everyone else that just talks out there *** on this forum....IRRITATED IS THE WERD!!!!

Anway (deep breathe).....you could do 300+ish on a super 60, thats what i have and that is my goal for end of summer as I enter the workforce after 5 years of college and hope to make a few bucks (.63 turbine, front mount, 650's, and other stuff) ......I plan on doing it with 15-18psi as long as I "pull in more cooler air to feed my turbo and give me more boost" like Jethro says... , Its a good turbo for the D, spools quick and pulls hard to redline and above...My peak power is when i left off the gas at 7000 rpms on the dyno and she still had more in her (should have went to 7500, might have pulled another 5hp out of her, damn me!) The 18G would work very well also im sure, dont know much about it though...but I thought it bolted up to the greddy manifold???? Anyway it seems yur on yur way to makin some awesome power and enjoying that non displaced D series that is to small to spool a turbo .....good luck, cause we are the few - the proud, were D series owners

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yup, I'm making over 400hp with stock sleeve's!!
Old 03-25-2004, 09:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Newt Dog)

hrm... wonder which rock he was hiding under when the D-series "revolution" hit?
Old 03-25-2004, 09:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (CivicRyda2k)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CivicRyda2k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hrm... wonder which rock he was hiding under when the D-series "revolution" hit?</TD></TR></TABLE>
I was thinking the same thing, set up please!
Old 03-25-2004, 10:16 AM
Banned

Default Re: (ELSpool)

im looking for close to 400 on stock sleeves. should have it running thsi weekend and will be turning the boost up next week.
but get some rods and pistons and you should be good. forewarning though i had to notch the block so the eagle h-beams would fit
Old 03-25-2004, 10:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Burke)

stock sleeves and ax53b60p18 bb turbo with internal wastegate, spools very quickly nice and torquey for the street, no need to downshift
Old 03-25-2004, 10:56 AM

Default Re: (sohcT)

Why waste time and money on a sohc, but that is my .02 cents.
Old 03-25-2004, 11:27 AM
Banned

Default Re: (BoostedsiR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BoostedsiR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why waste time and money on a sohc, but that is my .02 cents.</TD></TR></TABLE>
because they are cheaper in the first place and can go just as fast for most ppl
Old 03-25-2004, 11:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BoostedsiR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why waste time and money on a sohc, but that is my .02 cents.</TD></TR></TABLE>

it's ok... you can keep your small change.
Old 03-25-2004, 11:43 AM

Boostedsir.... what are you talking about... please just go read another thread please
Old 03-25-2004, 11:47 AM

Default Re: (yellowturbo)

Nice sig just keep wasting money on a sohc
Old 03-25-2004, 11:49 AM

I dont want to turn this thread into a grudge match sorry!!!
Old 03-25-2004, 12:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BoostedsiR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I dont want to turn this thread into a grudge match sorry!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

keep buying into the hype just to impress others... b-series stunna
Old 03-25-2004, 02:58 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Pfieffdog &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I'm running the greddy kit right now and I know that my 15g is pretty much maxxed out @15psi. I was thinking about picking up an 18g and getting an adapter plate made and bolt it up to my manifold. Trying to stay with something with an internal WG(moneywise) like the 18g or a super 60. If it would be in my best interest to change evertying over to an external WG i'll consider it. I'm looking probably to make ~300whp with the rods/pistons, and I want to keep my torque #'s high. Any suggestions you have are appreciated.
Pfieff
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think the best bet is to get a "Big 16g" not the regular 16g so you dont have to get an adapter plate made(but you might have to mod the downpipe..I'm not sure on the exhaust outlet diff between a 15g and 16g ) and it'll support 380hp...I saw some for sale at this place when I was surfing ebay,Id call them and ask---&gt;http://www.turbochargers.com
Old 03-25-2004, 03:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BoostedsiR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Nice sig just keep wasting money on a sohc</TD></TR></TABLE>

Quick Reply: Turbo suggestions, D16 300whp