Notices

turbo spool problem??

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 11:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo spool problem??

as i previously posted the car wont start once i put the map bypass into the vacuum hose coming off the map to the TB so today i finally installed the fuel pump cuz i thought it might not be getting enough fuel, esp because my idle was so low and sometimes i had to hold the gas to start it..i installed the fuel pump and the car seems to idle a tiny bit higher but not much and i tried to put that bypass back in and it did the same thing. it wont let the car start....im so confused why the hell is that happening...also once i installed the fuel pump i took the car out for a ride and wanted to see how it performed under a little boost, and once i try to accelerate and get out of vacuum the car stutters big time and wont get past 2 psi, last week after i installed my boost controller i could easily get up to 6 psi, it feels like the exhaust wont let the turbo spin anymore but i cant tell..anyone know what that would mean?...why would the boost just imediately stop building?...anybody no anywhere near south jeresy where i could take my car to be looked at, not tuned?
Old 07-15-2005, 11:56 AM

Default Re: turbo spool problem?? (civiclx97)

I don't even kmow where to begin on this one. It sounds like you have a compound of problems. Your main problem right now is your map sensor. I dont understand how the car made 6lbs of boost before and now it wont make 2? what is different since you made 6lbs? Also why did you instal a boost controler if you were already making 6lbs? (meaning you obviously know more boost is not safe with your fuel setup). What are you checking A/f with if it is one of those bouncy light autometer guages you are better off looking at the stars to tell you a/f. Does the car drive right with out the check valve?

We'll start there and I'll continue to help once you've answered those questions.
Old 07-15-2005, 12:12 PM

Default Re: turbo spool problem?? (civiclx97)

I think your turbocharger is fine. I'm pretty sure its the fact that you're not tuned. Probably leaning out after 2lbs of boost? I didn't see your previous post......whats your setup.

DAN
Old 07-15-2005, 12:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I assume this is an fmu setup. If so, are you sure your fmu and fuel pump are hooked up properly? Are your spark plugs in good condition and gapped correctly?

If you're still using a stock exhaust/cat, it could be building up too much backpressure which could keep you from building as much boost as you're hoping for, but I don't think it would cause the sputtering you're referring to.
Old 07-15-2005, 08:17 PM

Default Re: (bubs)

my setup is a drag gen three kit, and yes fmu setup....i first installed the kit without fuel pump and it ran fine just need some sort of bypass so when i hit 2 psi the ecu doesnt go into limp mode. the car ran fine and would boost until 5 psi where i had it set...then i put in the blox map bypass and the car doesnt start, it sounds all weird as hell, so i take it out and the car wont start again so i look at the plugs and they are fouled so i replace them..(NGK BKR7E gapped to 0.030) and the car starts again...as for the boost controller i got one so i could eventually turn up the boost from 5 to 7 when the car was running good and i tested it out by turning it up to 6....yes the fmu and fuel pump which i just installed are hooked up right, i just cant figure out why the car wont start with this bypass valve...yes im using a narrowband air/fuel ratio guage only because i got it cheap but still if the car ran fine before and would be good up to 6 psi and now it bogs at 2 it makes no sense???? as for the exhaust the dp is 2.5 and the rest is 2.25 custom piping but it didnt give me any problems when i first put on the kit....im lost?
Old 07-15-2005, 09:03 PM

sounds like a problem with the blox bypass.