Notices

Turbo setup?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 11:37 PM
KOT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo setup?

I want to boost my Type-R and i want to get a T3/T4 Turbo but im not shure as to if i should go with buying a "kit" or custom building it. How are the kits on eBAY? Dont trust them? What is a good kit to get? Can i use a Greddy GS-R kit but not use the E-Manage? What size injectors should i use? Already in the process of getting a Spoon sump pan should it be big enough to feed the turbo? If I where to custom build it what are good parts like would a HKS Wastegate be better than a cheaper wastegate like Tial? FeedBack would be appreciated THANK YOU IN ADVANCE
Old 07-12-2005, 12:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i suggest reading..alot..i' mean alot...their is a couple of how to's on turbo install's....get familar with all the parts you need..i suggest spendin good money on fuel and fuel management...custom kits are nice if you know what to get..just read alot before you buy
Old 07-12-2005, 12:23 AM

Default Re: (lucidvtec)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lucidvtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i suggest reading..alot..i' mean alot...their is a couple of how to's on turbo install's....get familar with all the parts you need..i suggest spendin good money on fuel and fuel management...custom kits are nice if you know what to get..just read alot before you buy</TD></TR></TABLE>

lucidvtec is right. read a lot before you make any decision. I bought a bunch of stuff for my turbo and ended up selling a whole lot of it for cheaper than what I've gotten it for. This is what happens when I find out that such and such part isn't effective towards my goal...if you want to get a more hassle-free setup, turbo kits are the answer. If you want power, I suggest you read up on what to do and do a custom build.