Notices

Turbo set up

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 06:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo set up

Kit was missing parts got my money back. Please delete.

I hear guys run ectune, hondata or crome with this set up so I'm going to switch to one of those just don't know which. Should I buy a p28 and chip that or chip my ecu? I'm looking for a walbro 255 fuel pump and bigger injectors also. What do you guys recommend? And I know this motor can not take more the 220hp, 200hp would be nice maybe 210. Can I make that with this kit? I have been reading on here and no one posts much about this set up. Also looking for a good set of rods (forged) if anyone can point me in the right direction for those. (Eagle only makes d16 rods)

Last edited by norcal69; 10-05-2012 at 10:40 PM.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turbo set up

Also is a turbo timer, boost, air/fuel gauge necessary for this setup? And the only way to get more boost is the 18g waste gate or EWG conversion right.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Turbo timer isn't necessary although i'd keep one just incase. A/F ratio gauge also known as Wideband definitely is necessary if you wanna keep check of the tune, don't wanna run too lean and end up blowing the thing. An external wastegate is always better.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:39 PM
DO IT ON ALL FOURS

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by norcal69
Ok I did it I bought a Greddy kit. So here is my set up that will be going on my EG (Friday I hope)
D15b7 112k on motor.
Greddy 14g kit
Greddy front mount intercooler
Bov
Greddy blue box (for now)
AEM FPR
I hear guys run ectune, hondata or crome with this set up so I'm going to switch to one of those just don't know which. Should I buy a p28 and chip that or chip my ecu? I'm looking for a walbro 255 fuel pump and bigger injectors also. What do you guys recommend? And I know this motor can not take more the 220hp, 200hp would be nice maybe 210. Can I make that with this kit? I have been reading on here and no one posts much about this set up. Also looking for a good set of rods (forged) if anyone can point me in the right direction for those. (Eagle only makes d16 rods)
You can run any tuning program you like... it makes no difference for the turbo kit, obviously.

Why buy an ECU when you have no clue what you are even going to do? Do you even knkw the cost difference or better yet that different systems have different ECU modification requirements?

You have to have engine management to run anything other than your stock 240cc injectors...

Yes you can make enough to blow your stock engine with this kit. PS - Nobody on here uses HP anymore... WHP - get with the times.

Nobody posts about this setup as I am pretty sure its discontinued and has been done THOUSANDS of times - SEARCH!!!

Decent rods or budget rods? I wouldn't call Eagles decent. You do realize you can't run forged rods with stock pistons correct? Even if you did the correct machine work for it to happen, the pistons would still be an extreme limiting factor. Only 2 companies make forged rods for D15's that I am aware of. A no-name China based garbage company for a little over $200 with NO rod bolts. Then Crower - they are around $700 last time I checked.

Either way, it would be much SMARTER to learn on your boat anchor engine, and possibly "upgrade" to a D16 in the future. Please, before you ask anymore questions that are ALREADY ANSWERED in the FAQ, read the entire thing then come in here and ask more reasonable questions...

Originally Posted by vyrus
Turbo timer isn't necessary although i'd keep one just incase. A/F ratio gauge also known as Wideband definitely is necessary if you wanna keep check of the tune, don't wanna run too lean and end up blowing the thing. An external wastegate is always better.
Keep a turbo timer in case of what? A case of stupidity?

No, A/F gauges are known as Air Fuel Ratio Gauges and a Wideband O2 Gauge is a TYPE of A/F gauge. They do make narrow band O2 gauges...

You can blow your engine with perfect AFRs...

External wastegate has better control but isn't necessarily better in all situations.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by N3va3vaSatisfi3d
You can run any tuning program you like... it makes no difference for the turbo kit, obviously.

Why buy an ECU when you have no clue what you are even going to do? Do you even knkw the cost difference or better yet that different systems have different ECU modification requirements?

You have to have engine management to run anything other than your stock 240cc injectors...

Yes you can make enough to blow your stock engine with this kit. PS - Nobody on here uses HP anymore... WHP - get with the times.

Nobody posts about this setup as I am pretty sure its discontinued and has been done THOUSANDS of times - SEARCH!!!

Decent rods or budget rods? I wouldn't call Eagles decent. You do realize you can't run forged rods with stock pistons correct? Even if you did the correct machine work for it to happen, the pistons would still be an extreme limiting factor. Only 2 companies make forged rods for D15's that I am aware of. A no-name China based garbage company for a little over $200 with NO rod bolts. Then Crower - they are around $700 last time I checked.

Either way, it would be much SMARTER to learn on your boat anchor engine, and possibly "upgrade" to a D16 in the future. Please, before you ask anymore questions that are ALREADY ANSWERED in the FAQ, read the entire thing then come in here and ask more reasonable questions...

Keep a turbo timer in case of what? A case of stupidity?

No, A/F gauges are known as Air Fuel Ratio Gauges and a Wideband O2 Gauge is a TYPE of A/F gauge. They do make narrow band O2 gauges...

You can blow your engine with perfect AFRs...

External wastegate has better control but isn't necessarily better in all situations.
I have been reading so much my heads going to pop. I do plan on swaping to a d16 soon but for right now I need to run what I got. I searched and find video of my setup but no one posts info. Since this is my first turbo setup I'm doing the greddy to be safe. Next time i will put together a custom kit.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by norcal69
I searched and find video of my setup but no one posts info.
people rarely boost usdm d15's because the rods are so thin.
you tube has tons of vids with d16 + greddy kits.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by wmac
people rarely boost usdm d15's because the rods are so thin.
you tube has tons of vids with d16 + greddy kits.
Yeah I have watched a lot of them. Even a couple d15b7 videos.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Guy didn't bring all the parts. I got my money back and I'm still looking.