Notices

Turbo Questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 08:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo Questions

I've decided to turbo my 5th gen Prelude. I will be buying the parts a little at a time, but wondering into which size turbo would be good for my particular needs, will I be able to keep A/C and P/S, can I keep my foglights when I put a FMIC in and whatnot.

My wants and needs for my car is to get a basic 300-450whp or whatever my car can do with a stock engine with low boost. I do plan to build up my bottom-end of the engine. While I was on turbonetics website and looking at the turbos. From what I can tell that a T3/T40B/E would be good for my needs. Though I have no idea on the spooling and whatnot. I will still be using this as my DD and maybe once in a while take it to the track. Forgive me if this sounds pretty noobish, but I don't really want to be in boost all of the time since it's a DD, but would still like to have the power when it is needed. Now, I wonder if T3/T40B/E would be good enough for that, or rather not?

I wanna keep my A/C as Texas weather in the Summer is a pita. I will be driving my car everyday and for periods of time. While also still keeping me P/S.

Now, I wanna keep my fog lights on my bumper if possible. I will be changing the bumper out for a Mugen replica. But if I must ditch them then I can find some alternatives for fog lights.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:35 PM
It's wU to the sOLdiEr!

Default Re: Turbo Questions

you dont judge psi by...ahh forget it, getting tired of repeating myself

i have a/c in my teg, its hot but oh well thats why i have another car with it
Old 12-30-2012, 10:18 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

300 is it, the frm sleeves and stock internals will limit you because in order to run pistons and rods you have to sleeve the motor
Old 12-31-2012, 03:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by wantboost
300 is it, the frm sleeves and stock internals will limit you because in order to run pistons and rods you have to sleeve the motor
Yeah, I know. I'm going to sleeve it with Darton dry sleeves.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by ZekeComa
I've decided to turbo my 5th gen Prelude. I will be buying the parts a little at a time, but wondering into which size turbo would be good for my particular needs, will I be able to keep A/C and P/S, can I keep my foglights when I put a FMIC in and whatnot.

My wants and needs for my car is to get a basic 300-450whp or whatever my car can do with a stock engine with low boost. I do plan to build up my bottom-end of the engine. While I was on turbonetics website and looking at the turbos. From what I can tell that a T3/T40B/E would be good for my needs. Though I have no idea on the spooling and whatnot. I will still be using this as my DD and maybe once in a while take it to the track. Forgive me if this sounds pretty noobish, but I don't really want to be in boost all of the time since it's a DD, but would still like to have the power when it is needed. Now, I wonder if T3/T40B/E would be good enough for that, or rather not?

I wanna keep my A/C as Texas weather in the Summer is a pita. I will be driving my car everyday and for periods of time. While also still keeping me P/S.

Now, I wanna keep my fog lights on my bumper if possible. I will be changing the bumper out for a Mugen replica. But if I must ditch them then I can find some alternatives for fog lights.
As for space constraints, he Turbonetics T3/T04B would be more ideal. That is just the physical sizing, you can get into wheel size options to try to suit your goal. There are a few turbos under that blanket that will work well on an H (along with a few custom options/upgrades). You mentioned 350-450 now and also building a block. Will the ultimate goal afer building the block still be 300-450whp?

Retaining the fog lights etc. will all be dictated in how the FMIC is mounted and intercooler piping is routed.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Autoworks
As for space constraints, he Turbonetics T3/T04B would be more ideal. That is just the physical sizing, you can get into wheel size options to try to suit your goal. There are a few turbos under that blanket that will work well on an H (along with a few custom options/upgrades). You mentioned 350-450 now and also building a block. Will the ultimate goal afer building the block still be 300-450whp?

Retaining the fog lights etc. will all be dictated in how the FMIC is mounted and intercooler piping is routed.
Well, I hope to get 300whp stock. 450whp be max enough for me. Though like others have said.One you go boost you will want to go faster, but I think I'll be content with 450whp as my max.