Notices

TURBO OIL LINES, NEED HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 08:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AM I RIGHT OR WRONG?/?/?/?/?/?/?/?/?

im about to turbo my d16y7......and i have it all down except the oil lines......where can i buy them for good quality and not too expensive at all, and does anyone have any good pics or detailed instructions on where they run from to the turbo, and where they end at? if so plz tell me ...thanx allot...

p.s.>>only if you have good advice

(and also, laugh if you want, but is this true or false>&gt

bolt on the manifold & downpipe, bolt the turbo onto the manifold, make piping go from the throttle body to the intercooler, then out the other side of the intercooler into the turbo. Put blow off valve on pre welded bov place by throttle body, run oil lines from oil pressure sensor to turbo, then from turbo at negative slant to the oil pan, then put my intake filter on the side of the turbo, hook up the boost based fuel management system, (since it's got the manual boost controller) adjust the boost to like 5 psi., this is done? running on a stock internals' d16y7 motor to break it in and to be safe just run it at this low psi? (Will this not work? seems like that's all i'd needa do......am i far from right? someone PLEASE correct me if i am wrong......seriously.....what do i needa know.....REMEMBER>>>i would be runnin it at (5psi.)(low as hell) because i have stock internals and stock fuel injectors........will this not work?

Modified by deesixteen at 9:56 AM 1/25/2007

Modified by deesixteen at 9:58 AM 1/25/2007

Modified by deesixteen at 10:02 AM 1/25/2007
Old 01-25-2007, 08:47 AM
Not now Chief, I'm in the F'n zone!

Default Re: TURBO OIL LINES, NEED HELP!! (deesixteen)

I used stuff from Pep Boys on mine, worked fine.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:11 AM

Default Re: AM I RIGHT OR WRONG?/?/?/?/?/?/?/?/? (deesixteen)

Stock fuel injectors = bad idea.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:54 AM

did you guys even read my whole question up there? like all of them? can i not just do what i said up there.....someone please read all that ^ there and tell me where im wrong at?......i cant just run 5-6psi. with stock injectors and be ok?
Old 01-25-2007, 11:25 AM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dont mess around w/ stock injectors unless you know how to rebuild/replace your stock engine....also, if you want oil lines, go to http://www.stealthmodeperformance.com while you're there, check out my car
Old 01-25-2007, 12:11 PM
dhn

the hells the point in running boost on stock internals?

sounds like your going to cheap out..cheaping out is only good if youve researched enough..and you havent...read the FAQ man...im positive itll answer your questions
Old 01-25-2007, 12:11 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by deesixteen &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">did you guys even read my whole question up there? like all of them? can i not just do what i said up there.....someone please read all that ^ there and tell me where im wrong at?......i cant just run 5-6psi. with stock injectors and be ok?</TD></TR></TABLE>

No, stock injectors can handle up to about 180hp, MAYBE. Upgrade to at least some 440's.
Old 01-25-2007, 12:40 PM

Default Re: TURBO OIL LINES, NEED HELP!! (Code)

ok so if they can handle up to 180hp. if i have a stock d16 with only and exhaust, intake, and a spacer....will boosting it at 5psi. exceed 180 hp.? or will it be ok?

and if not....then if i got 440cc injectors or 310 or somethin' like that.......could i then install my kit or is there any other necessity that i would need for running it at a low psi like 5 or 6psi.?
Old 01-25-2007, 03:24 PM

Default Re: TURBO OIL LINES, NEED HELP!! (deesixteen)

you thi<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by deesixteen &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok so if they can handle up to 180hp. if i have a stock d16 with only and exhaust, intake, and a spacer....will boosting it at 5psi. exceed 180 hp.? or will it be ok?

and if not....then if i got 440cc injectors or 310 or somethin' like that.......could i then install my kit or is there any other necessity that i would need for running it at a low psi like 5 or 6psi.?</TD></TR></TABLE>

you think you don't know much, but you know enough to blow your motor up thats for sure . If you did some research on what your trying to do... you would know that PSI does not determine hp. I did'nt know **** either when I first started a year ago, but researching and reading on this site led me to build my first motor that I'm proud of cause I built it myself. The turbo will make your car go fast..you having knowlegde of your setup will make it last, good luk and piece out.