Notices

turbo not kicking in after i washed my car??

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 02:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo not kicking in after i washed my car??

so yest. afternoon i came home and washed my car. nothin different then the usual. i take it for a lil drive afterwards and notice my turbo was actin funny. blowoff valve wasnt makin the normal sound. so i assumed i might of got sum water on the filter in sum weird way. jus let my car idle for a bit and then parked it in the garage. today on my way to work i notice it still actin funny. look at the boost guage and it reads only to 1 or 2 pounds of boost... wats going onn??? wat shuld i check?
Old 07-16-2007, 02:36 PM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

check your vac lines...does the car feel like its acting funny or is your boost gauge just reading low?
Old 07-16-2007, 02:38 PM

Default Re: (Schister66)

car is acting funny. i dnt feel the boost kicking in. boost is fine cuz i can feel it spool up just a tiny bit so it makes sense its only readin 1 or 2 poundss..
Old 07-16-2007, 03:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (lovey408)

Um... boost leak. You will still hear the turbo "spooling" even if you have 0 psi.

Check your charge pipes make sure they are not leaking any where.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:26 PM
B A N N E D

yeah might have blew a hole in rubber boot.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:38 PM

Default Re: (DecentCivicZ6)

oh yah that sounds like sumthn that culd of happened. do u guys think the turbo culd of gone bad? thats my worst case scenario right now. i spent so much money and time gettin my motor togetehr. i rebuilt my whole bottom end and am ready for big boost. but i feel ashamed saying i have a ebay turbo . but i am savin up for gt35r right now. so if the turbo is bad. can i still drive the car w/o damaging anything? it runs perfect but acts funny only wen turbo is supposed to kick in and i smash on it. but normal driving its finee. ill have enough for the new turbo in coulpe of months thought so i hope its just a leak and it last me till then.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You really need to calm down and try to make more sense.

It's most likely just a silicon hose that blew off the charge pipes and your not getting full boost.

By running funny, what does that mean? Is it back firing, is the BOV not going off, is it jerking at certain rpms, etc etc....

When did this happen, while you were driving, right after the wash?
Old 07-16-2007, 03:55 PM

Default Re: (mitsuman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mitsuman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You really need to calm down and try to make more sense.

It's most likely just a silicon hose that blew off the charge pipes and your not getting full boost.

By running funny, what does that mean? Is it back firing, is the BOV not going off, is it jerking at certain rpms, etc etc....

When did this happen, while you were driving, right after the wash?</TD></TR></TABLE>

runnin funny i mean wen i push the pedal it doesnt boost up and blow off valve doesnt go off either. and yea right after i washed it i took it for a drive and thats how it was running. it doesnt jerk just wen i push on the pedal it doesnt pull.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lovey408 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

runnin funny i mean wen i push the pedal it doesnt boost up and blow off valve doesnt go off either. and yea right after i washed it i took it for a drive and thats how it was running. it doesnt jerk just wen i push on the pedal it doesnt pull. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Your fine, just go check the pipes like i said and get back to us.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:02 PM

alright i will do. ill be off work in 2 hours and drive home and check it out from underneath. thanks for tryn to help me out guys
Old 07-16-2007, 04:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

And also make sure your wastegate is not stuck open.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:07 PM

okk i just ran out and took a quick look. followed all the hoses and found it! hose came off from the piping. thanks a lot man! ill go home and lift my car up and fix it!
Old 07-16-2007, 04:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lol nooo wayyy!
Old 07-16-2007, 04:37 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mitsuman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lol nooo wayyy!</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol this the first time this has happened to me. how wuld anyone not freak out? learnd sumthn new and now feel pretty dumb why i didnt think of that myself lol
Old 07-16-2007, 05:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

so does it drive good again?

Next time, calm down and think about what would cause the probleme.Once u know how something works, its easy to diagnose.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:51 PM

Default Re: (93supercoupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93supercoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so does it drive good again?

Next time, calm down and think about what would cause the probleme.Once u know how something works, its easy to diagnose.</TD></TR></TABLE>

im bout to get off work go home and fix the problem. i will let u knw if it fixed it which it shuld. yes i will stay calm next time
Old 07-17-2007, 02:19 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93supercoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so does it drive good again?

.</TD></TR></TABLE>

ok so last night i put it bak together and went on a drive and it had came off again! so today i took it to a homie at jiffy lube who got to re-do it from the bottom so he had a better vision on doing it. seems to work now! jus wanted to update u guys and let u knw its fine now. thanks
Old 07-17-2007, 03:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if thats problem keeps coming up spend some money and get rid of those worm clamps and upgrade to some T-bolt clamps and u won't have that problem ever again
Old 07-17-2007, 03:04 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lovey408 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

ok so last night i put it bak together and went on a drive and it had came off again! so today i took it to a homie at jiffy lube who got to re-do it from the bottom so he had a better vision on doing it. seems to work now! jus wanted to update u guys and let u knw its fine now. thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

sanding the pipe can also help a lil for a quick easy fix. make sure there isnt any oil on the pipe or coupler either. sand then spray down surfaces with brake clean and then put on and enjoy!
Old 07-17-2007, 03:26 PM

Default Re: (agrn93ls)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by agrn93ls &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

sanding the pipe can also help a lil for a quick easy fix. make sure there isnt any oil on the pipe or coupler either. sand then spray down surfaces with brake clean and then put on and enjoy!</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea there was minor oil on the pipes and coupler. but im about to buy sum new IC piping alreayd made for my car. the piping i have came as universal so i did the best i culd to get it on, since i didnt knw it was gona be universal. my bumper doesnt sit right on the car either since the pipin comes out to far so i will be buyin new IC piping.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:31 PM

bead rolled pipes are what you really need. so try to get those if you can.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:36 PM

Default Re: (agrn93ls)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by agrn93ls &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">bead rolled pipes are what you really need. so try to get those if you can.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah i heard those stop charge pipes from blowing off. will do.
Old 07-17-2007, 04:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man. so in your case the ebay turbo is holding up then. it takes a real man to have admitted he bought a ebay turbo. i hope your able to save and get what you really want though.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:13 PM

Default Re: (flight50)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by flight50 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">man. so in your case the ebay turbo is holding up then. it takes a real man to have admitted he bought a ebay turbo. i hope your able to save and get what you really want though.</TD></TR></TABLE>

ive had the turbo since december so its doing good. havent had any problems with it. but from everything ive heard i wudnt be surprised if sumthn happened. but i will save and get a new one shortlyyy
Old 07-17-2007, 08:52 PM
i ♥ snails

common sense ftw!!!!

Quick Reply: turbo not kicking in after i washed my car??