Notices

turbo or nitrous

Old 11-22-2005, 07:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo or nitrous

i just bought a 93 del sol with a b16 and i was wonderin what would be my best bet a turbo or nitrous either way im gonna build the motor, im lookin for 250 to 300hp.
should i keep the b16 block or go ls/vtec or something. anyhelp?? thanks guys
Old 11-22-2005, 07:52 AM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: turbo or nitrous (datnigabluberry)

Boost your B16.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: turbo or nitrous (litterbox)

It's been said many-a-time before: Bottles are for babies, real men get blown.

5 bottle refills later and you'll get tired of it.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If you turbo charge it, you will make 250-300 easy. Especially if it is going to built, with low compression pistons which I assume will be forged and forged rods.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The B16 can handle 300whp stock, but plan on investing in some serious engine management. Also, if you plan on that kind of power, you will probably need a tubular manifold.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:25 AM

Default Re: turbo or nitrous (COOLANDDEADLYPERFORMANCE)

If you want to have stress on your engine all the time, add all that weight and have your car drink gas go turbo.

If you want nitrous you will only have the extra stress when using it only, save more gas since extra fuel is only needed when it's used, save weight, less under hood temps, and Less stress to your oiling system.

I thought real men stay N/A?
Old 11-22-2005, 09:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: turbo or nitrous (superdupervtec)

NA IS BEST!!!!!!!

That said, if you're set on some form of forced induction, I'd say go turbo. This only because you don't have to refill your turbo. But at the same time, nitrous only stresses your engine when you are using it. Your choice, bub
Old 11-22-2005, 10:25 AM

Default Re: turbo or nitrous (black_dohc)

no brainer... turbo!!! no need internals. "if it aint broke. dont fix it". other than the turbo kit all youll need is new 3 bar map, injectors, fuel pump, fuel management and a boost controler. 250-300 whp easy.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:30 AM

Default Re: turbo or nitrous (dohckiller)

eeeeeeeeeBWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA PSHH!BWAAAAAAAAAAAA PSSHH!BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Old 11-22-2005, 12:41 PM

boost it man... turbo is like constant NOS... you dont have to refill that ****!
Old 11-22-2005, 12:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by superdupervtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you want to have stress on your engine all the time, add all that weight and have your car drink gas go turbo.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

my gas mileage stayed the same from N/A to turbo. if your in boost all the time than yeah your going to use more gas but if you drive like a white man you won't lose gas mileage.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

.......Boost that ****. because blown is better
Old 11-22-2005, 02:52 PM

Default Re: turbo or nitrous (The Original Whitey)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turboH22Aakkord &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">boost it man... turbo is like constant NOS... you dont have to refill that ****! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Not at all, and nitrous and nos are two different things.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by The Original Whitey &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

my gas mileage stayed the same from N/A to turbo. if your in boost all the time than yeah your going to use more gas but if you drive like a white man you won't lose gas mileage. </TD></TR></TABLE>

It is not possible for gas mileage to stay the same, turbo adds air, therefore you must add enrichment fuel. There is no way possible that n/a and turbo were the same gas mileage.

N/A is the most efficient, the least amount of fuel to power ratio.

The higher the compresion the higher the efficiency.

Turbo's are gas guzzlers, that's why most N/A guys are running 440cc injectors or something like that and Turbo guys are running 1000 cc. Also why you can get away with intanke pumps for N/A and with bigger turbo setups you need huge *** inline pumps.

The more boost you run the more fuel you need. No Argument.

You can make an economic engine and still have power N/A, although you will need displacement for that.

Turbo will make the most power hands down, but at many expenses.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by superdupervtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
It is not possible for gas mileage to stay the same, turbo adds air, therefore you must add enrichment fuel. There is no way possible that n/a and turbo were the same gas mileage.

N/A is the most efficient, the least amount of fuel to power ratio.

The higher the compresion the higher the efficiency.

Turbo's are gas guzzlers, that's why most N/A guys are running 440cc injectors or something like that and Turbo guys are running 1000 cc. Also why you can get away with intanke pumps for N/A and with bigger turbo setups you need huge *** inline pumps.

The more boost you run the more fuel you need. No Argument.

You can make an economic engine and still have power N/A, although you will need displacement for that.

Turbo will make the most power hands down, but at many expenses.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm talking from experience, I don't know about you. Your acting like every time you hit the gas your in boost... well depending on the turbo (like my car) you can drive around town and never even hit postitive vaccum pressure. Therefore, the same air is entering your engine as if it were NA doesn't require more fuel therefore your gas mileage stays the same. Go do some research and you'll see a turbo car can get the same gas milage as a car running nitrous. In the long run a turbo is cheaper than nitrous and there is absolutely no way you can argue with me about that becuase I've had both for many years
Old 11-22-2005, 10:19 PM

the only thing i like more about nitrous then turbo is that you dont need very heavy engine mods to run it. also the fact that when u want to just play around a bit, with a turbo u'll be hitting boost constantly and killing off ur gas, nitrous can be opned and closed. use when u need it, unless ur the type of person that just races every dam car that pulls up to u.. i ran nitrous for a while and loved it, it just sucks when u run out of it..but u can just get a second tank for that..anyway nitrous is a lot cheaper to start with. why dont u try nitrous first (im actually selling my kit) and if u dont like it after a month or so, boost the **** out of the b16
Old 11-27-2005, 12:47 PM

so did u decide what ur gonna go with?
Old 11-27-2005, 12:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Read my sig, and yes I had nitrous for 2 years and completely agree with it. Boost is better
Old 11-27-2005, 01:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you don't have to be in boost all the time thats your choice, you can make good power from a stock b16 if its tuned right&lt;==key words.. people make 280-310 whp with a stock internal LS ..... boost it with a good EMS if you want more a ls/vtec-T would be badass, if people pull 250-300whp power out of stock motors(b16,b18) with boost ,a built b16 will make good power
Old 11-27-2005, 01:17 PM

Default Re: turbo or nitrous (black_dohc)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by black_dohc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">NA IS BEST!!!!!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you like to stay in the high 11's and never break 120 MPH traps in your 2000 pound completely gutted EG, sure. When you can bust high 11's @ 130 on pump gas and drag radials in a 2700 pound integra with full leather interior, AC, power steering, and a stereo while naturally aspirated, come let me know
Old 11-28-2005, 05:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: turbo or nitrous (mwieczorek43)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mwieczorek43 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It's been said many-a-time before: Bottles are for babies, real men get blown.

5 bottle refills later and you'll get tired of it.</TD></TR></TABLE> LOL
Old 11-28-2005, 07:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

superdupervtec-- you have never owned turbo car. you will get better gas milage than stock while in vacuum with a turbo car because there more air is being injested per stroke, resulting in higher effciency. notice I said in vacuum not boost.

An example of this.. if it takes you 3/4 throttle to merge on the highway and get up to 65mph cruising speeds like everyone else on the highway. it will only take 1/2 throttle or less to do the same with a turbo car in vacuum. thats how much more effceint vaccum is on a turbo car. you will be using less throttle than n/a for every day driving and burning less fuel. especally with 3 inch exhaust.