Notices

turbo ls 1/4 times look ok?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2004, 09:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo ls 1/4 times look ok?

went to the track it was a cool day around 60, i turned to the boost up to 11psi and this what I got:

60ft.........2.212
1/8..........8.811
1/8mph....83.5
1/4..........13.445
1/4mph....107.87

This was my best time, the motor is all stock and my engine man. is the afc hack. I was expecting much better than this or is this about right. Any info would help, thanks!
Old 08-14-2004, 09:40 AM

Default Re: turbo ls 1/4 times look ok? (boost fed ls)

Little more info about your setup would help.

Have you been to the dyno (if so got any #'s).

Also, if you can drop that 60ft time down a bit you can see some better #'s. Get some slicks or drag radials and you could get yourself into the high 12's.
Old 08-14-2004, 09:58 AM

Default Re: turbo ls 1/4 times look ok? (patdemps)

oh sorry here is my complete set up:

stcok b18b
drag manifold
garrett t3/to4e (57 trim 63 a/r)
2.5inch dp
2.5inch thermal exhaust
tial wastegate
afc hack with 450cc injectors
tyrus fmic
aem fpr
aem cam gears
aem fuel rail

the car has seen no dyno time so its not tuned, and the passes were made on drag radials. It was my first time on drag radials it either spun really bad or it bogged.
Old 08-14-2004, 10:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Seems to be doing pretty well. If you had slicks or practiced more on your radials, you should see a lot better times. BUt

Old 08-14-2004, 10:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: turbo ls 1/4 times look ok? (Typesi2nv)

pretty good times, i think u just need some more practice to cut ur times down, shifting and take off is the key. kill some more off that 60'
Old 08-14-2004, 11:20 AM

Default Re: turbo ls 1/4 times look ok? (JDMCrx89)

Nice times! With slicks, you should be able to lower your times more, like your 60'. I didn't know thermal came in 2.5", or is it a thermal muffler and custom pipin.
Old 08-14-2004, 11:47 AM

Default Re: turbo ls 1/4 times look ok? (Smooth-GSR)

that seems pretty reasonable... most of my runs on my turbo ls with the stock engine were around that time and trap speed....

the trap mph is what tells you the power.... seems about right to me...

good luck with it!!
Old 08-14-2004, 12:02 PM

Not bad, you need to get the 60down to the 1.99-2.0 range.

Are you on BFG's or Nitto's? Night and day difference.

Get it tuned, get the 60 down, 12's in your future
Old 08-14-2004, 12:23 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Smooth-GSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Nice times! With slicks, you should be able to lower your times more, like your 60'. I didn't know thermal came in 2.5", or is it a thermal muffler and custom pipin.</TD></TR></TABLE>

its the non-turbo thermal cat-back system for a integra, it might not be 2.5inch, you have any idea what size it might be?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Reilly &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Not bad, you need to get the 60down to the 1.99-2.0 range.

Are you on BFG's or Nitto's? Night and day difference.

Get it tuned, get the 60 down, 12's in your future </TD></TR></TABLE>

I hope so, my goal this summer was just to hit 13's now that i did that before summer i want to hit 12's on stock motor before the summer is over. I was running bfg drag radials, which one is better(for the track). The drag radials are not mine, I used them to see if I would like them.
Old 08-14-2004, 12:53 PM

I believe it would be 2.25" for the thermal. They have that and a 3" turbo version.
Old 08-14-2004, 12:59 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Smooth-GSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I believe it would be 2.25" for the thermal. They have that and a 3" turbo version.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks you, I posted a question about the size a couple of days ago, but no one answered it. I just ripped out my a/c and I am going to get a equal length mani, 3inch dp and a 3 inch thermal exhaust in hope it might make some diff. After that, hondata.
Old 08-14-2004, 01:04 PM

BFG's better for everything but longevity Street or track.

I ran a 225/50/15 on my GSR, you have to roll your fenders a little though.

Hondata for sure, might want to consider 550's or 750's so you have room to grow later.

3" exhaust for sure. I went 3" Magnaflow(painted black), it's straight through and about $70 from Summit. I am adding a 3" Dynomax Racemuffler as a resonator to make it even quieter on my Hatch.

Old 08-15-2004, 07:43 AM

Default Re: turbo ls 1/4 times look ok? (Reilly)

id def. open that exhaust up a little bit. i noticed a WORLD of difference with larger exhaust. id get it tuned and work on the launch a little and u would be set for your 12 second goal. good luck
Old 08-15-2004, 10:06 AM

I think it's pretty damn good considering your on street tires@ 8 psi and your car is a 15 second car stock...I really don't see what your complaining about,what did you think you were going to run?
Old 08-15-2004, 02:14 PM

Default Re: turbo ls 1/4 times look ok? (vtecrob16a)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vtecrob16a &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think it's pretty damn good considering your on street tires@ 8 psi and your car is a 15 second car stock...I really don't see what your complaining about,what did you think you were going to run?</TD></TR></TABLE>

well hmm. he said he was running drag radials for one. and how do u ever figure it is a 15 second car stock? and again if u read he wasnt complaining. he was asking if they seemed right. and he met his goal he set of hitting 13s. next time actually read the posts in the thread and not just the initial post.
Old 08-15-2004, 06:26 PM

Default Re: turbo ls 1/4 times look ok? (LSvtecEH2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LSvtecEH2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well hmm. he said he was running drag radials for one. and how do u ever figure it is a 15 second car stock? and again if u read he wasnt complaining. he was asking if they seemed right. and he met his goal he set of hitting 13s. next time actually read the posts in the thread and not just the initial post. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Last time I checked drag radials are street tires,and ls integra is definatly a 15 second car stock,and he said that he was expecting more out of it,I wasn't bitching at him maybe you should read your little quote you have because you took my post to serious
Old 08-15-2004, 06:47 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vtecrob16a &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think it's pretty damn good considering your on street tires@ 8 psi and your car is a 15 second car stock...I really don't see what your complaining about,what did you think you were going to run?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I dont mean to sound like a dick but you need to read the first post, first off where did you get that I was running 8psi on this run? Second I was talking about expecting more out of the drag radials. I hit my goal for the summer, all I wanted was a 13sec pass and I got it my first time out with out drag radials. I am now trying for a 12sec pass by the end of this summer. It may be a bit far reached but I am happy by the way the car runs.(since it not tuned at all)<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LSvtecEH2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

well hmm. he said he was running drag radials for one. and how do u ever figure it is a 15 second car stock? and again if u read he wasnt complaining. he was asking if they seemed right. and he met his goal he set of hitting 13s. next time actually read the posts in the thread and not just the initial post. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thank you for reading the post and seeing what I was asking

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LSvtecEH2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">id def. open that exhaust up a little bit. i noticed a WORLD of difference with larger exhaust. id get it tuned and work on the launch a little and u would be set for your 12 second goal. good luck</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks for the support
Old 08-15-2004, 07:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vtecrob16a &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Last time I checked drag radials are street tires </TD></TR></TABLE>

i wouldnt use drag radials for anything else but on a nice day out side. They are a death trap in the rain.

btw... lets not argue on the net
Old 08-16-2004, 03:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice job. My built ls is almost done also. Good to know what's it capable of. I have a ported head too so I hope I'll be able to hit 12's on low boost. Once you get that thing tuned you'll notice a world of difference! Good luck.
Old 08-16-2004, 04:26 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Typesi2nv &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i wouldnt use drag radials for anything else but on a nice day out side. They are a death trap in the rain.

btw... lets not argue on the net </TD></TR></TABLE>

hahaha i learned that THE HARD WAY. i tried to cruise around on mine for a day or 2 b4 i went to the track for the 1 time i used em b4 i sold em to you. they didnt appreciate me using em as street tires. but hey technically the M/T STREET DRAGS with 3 slits cut in em are street tires also. some people get so easily offended when someone realizes they are a ****** idiot.
Old 08-16-2004, 04:55 AM

That's really not a bad time considering it was a shitty track and you had really never used drag radials before.
Old 08-16-2004, 04:38 PM

Default Re: turbo ls 1/4 times look ok? (99_Ek9)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 99_Ek9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That's really not a bad time considering it was a shitty track and you had really never used drag radials before. </TD></TR></TABLE>

ya, you should have see the track in norwalk, it was sticky as hell too bad it was a 4g63 event only. It would have been deeper into the 13's. You missed a good event also! lots of fast dsm's.
Old 08-16-2004, 06:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: turbo ls 1/4 times look ok? (LSvtecEH2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LSvtecEH2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
hahaha i learned that THE HARD WAY. </TD></TR></TABLE>

lol, i do remember.

and BTW, BOOST FED LS , keep us updated on your times
Old 08-17-2004, 05:17 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Typesi2nv &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

lol, i do remember.

and BTW, BOOST FED LS , keep us updated on your times </TD></TR></TABLE>

I will, thanks again for the support
Old 08-17-2004, 11:07 AM

I'm very interested in your times. I've almost got my ls boosted too. I'm just waiting on some intercooler piping and my fuel pump.

I'd love to see you get in the 12s

Darkside

Quick Reply: turbo ls 1/4 times look ok?