Notices

Turbo locking it into postion?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 10:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Turbo locking it into postion?

Ok I am finally done with my turbo kit but I am double checking everything before I start it up the only question I have is(and remember its my first turbo install and I am very stupid so bare with me) when I bought this turbo which is a turbonetics t3t4 hybrid the compressor side and exaust sides would move freely so that you could point the air discharge any way you want well I got it set up with the oil feed facing up drain facing down and the compressor how I want it so I tighten the bots on the exhaust side and my question is how tight should I tighten them??? also what should I look/listen for when I start it and should I try to prelub the turbo?
Old 01-28-2005, 12:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tighten them enough to where you know they are not going to back out

yes you should prelube the turbo
Old 01-28-2005, 12:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (PrettyLude)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PrettyLude &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">tighten them enough to where you know they are not going to back out

yes you should prelube the turbo</TD></TR></TABLE>

It's not rocket science... just tighten them nice and snug...

Oh, and as far as "prelubing" the turbo or whatever... I just unplugged my dizzy and cranked it over about ten times before I started it to get the oil flowing... not sure if I did it right but it works fine...
Old 01-28-2005, 10:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EJ1 wilcox)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EJ1 wilcox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

It's not rocket science... just tighten them nice and snug...

Oh, and as far as "prelubing" the turbo or whatever... I just unplugged my dizzy and cranked it over about ten times before I started it to get the oil flowing... not sure if I did it right but it works fine... </TD></TR></TABLE>

what i did was unplug the coil also, had my friend crank it, and when i knew there was oil to the turbo, i spun the wheel by hand to make sure oil gets oil everything