Notices

Turbo Head

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 05:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Turbo Head

I have a turbo ls/vtec putting about 500whp and running fine. But im planning on building another engine and wanting to go non-vtec. What is a good non-vtec head that can handle the pressure. The head will have full crower internals with crower cams. It will go on a built sleeved ls or dart block.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:45 PM
i HAS questions ?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Turbo Head (kte324)

Why do you want to go non-VTEC? Thats like saying you "hey I'm a runner, but do you guys know how I can get asthma?"
Old 10-09-2008, 08:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turbo Head (.dave)

if your boosted, whats the point of VTEC? Really. I see your sticking with a B series. Honestly, id go with an F Series non-vtec. The only honda head that outflows it is the F20C head. Its Hondas v8 essentially. Plus you have the massive torque of the 2.2L. Rods/Pistons and a bisi cam is all you need and you can easily hit 500hp with just that and a good tune
Old 10-09-2008, 08:39 PM
i HAS questions ?

Default Re: Turbo Head (1.5Slowmatic)

Well on a B-series, the VTEC heads outflow the non-VTEC heads by quite a bit.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1.5Slowmatic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if your boosted, whats the point of VTEC?</TD></TR></TABLE>

The fact that the properties of VTEC still apply when you turbocharge a vehicle?
Old 10-09-2008, 08:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turbo Head (SovXietday)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SovXietday &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

The fact that the properties of VTEC still apply when you turbocharge a vehicle? </TD></TR></TABLE>
well yeah but whats the point in having the extra valvetrain pieces that can fail and add more weight when youralready cramming mass amounts of air into it. LS heads can be had for real cheap. A port job and valve job and cams are what ya need. No real price difference in a VTEC head at that point but the LS will out perform if done right. My vote still goes to the F
Old 10-09-2008, 09:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1.5Slowmatic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well yeah but whats the point in having the extra valvetrain pieces that can fail and add more weight when youralready cramming mass amounts of air into it. LS heads can be had for real cheap. A port job and valve job and cams are what ya need. No real price difference in a VTEC head at that point but the LS will out perform if done right. My vote still goes to the F</TD></TR></TABLE>

Show me one, ONE head that you know that offed itself because of VTEC.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:04 PM

Im going to pull my vtec head off this weekend and replace it with a d15b2 head i really dont want those extra vtec parts getting sucked into my engine and the weights costing me big time.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:20 AM

Default Re: Turbo Head (CRXdan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CRXdan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Im going to pull my vtec head off this weekend and replace it with a d15b2 head i really dont want those extra vtec parts getting sucked into my engine and the weights costing me big time.</TD></TR></TABLE>

wtf. How are you going to suck vtec parts into your engine and how does it weigh you down? As the driver, lose 5 pounds and you are already ahead.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turbo Head (Scheizty)

my god this thread makes MY head hurt,your retarded if you think droping 5 pound in valvetrain parts is gunna give you a leg up on the competition????wtf are you thining,you most likely have no idea what your talking about and most likely dont have a 500whp honda.you are some little kid that doesnt know the difference between a vtec and a ls head and are simply trying to impress people you will never meet by boasting your siq !500whp! motaarr!
Old 10-10-2008, 11:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turbo Head (CRXdan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CRXdan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Im going to pull my vtec head off this weekend and replace it with a d15b2 head i really dont want those extra vtec parts getting sucked into my engine and the weights costing me big time.</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOLWTFOMFGROFLSTFUGTFO

This is going into my sig

Old 10-10-2008, 11:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

another problem with an ls head is the rocker setup. not very good for high rpm.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:25 PM

Default Re: Turbo Head (kyden)

The ONLY reason to switch to an LS head from a Vtec head you already have is if your allergic to horse power.

To the person who says the LS head will make more power,your crazy and not very well informed.The ported LS head won't even get close to the stock Vtec head.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:52 PM

im sure he knows the benefits of a vtec head otherwise he wouldnt have built a lsvtec in the first place. he probably wants to do something different other than following the crowd and you cant hate the lumpy idle of big cams in a ls
Old 10-10-2008, 03:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I do know what I am doing. My current car is running 500whp at 20psi with a sc61. I know about vtec. The reason I want to use a b-series is I already have a transmission and a block that I got for cheap. I will either sleeve the block or go with a dart. The reason I started this topic is because I already know how a turbo vtec does and was just getting an idea on a non-vtec set up. I dont have a problem going vtec again just wanting something simple.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:32 PM

Hey it's your money brother,I just don't understand why you would spend the money to have a sleeved block and then totally kill your HP.
Smaller valves,smaller ports,lower rpm limit,heavier valvetrain........
Would you have your block sleeved to a smaller then stock bore and put a B16 crank in for the same reason of just doing something different?
It makes no sense.

There's a reason Vtec is the common way to go.

Old 10-10-2008, 04:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turbo Head (Scheizty)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Scheizty &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wtf. How are you going to suck vtec parts into your engine and how does it weigh you down? As the driver, lose 5 pounds and you are already ahead.</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JAYSEM Society &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">LOLWTFOMFGROFLSTFUGTFO

This is going into my sig</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm not sure what's dumber, this topic or you two missing the obvious sarcasm in dan's post.

OP, if you really want to build another non-vtec head to be different. Go for it. Being different isn't always a good thing.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It is not really a big deal to me. I will go vtec no problem. I was just getting some ideas and opinions.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SovXietday &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I'm not sure what's dumber, this topic or you two missing the obvious sarcasm in dan's post.

OP, if you really want to build another non-vtec head to be different. Go for it. Being different isn't always a good thing.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sorry. I can't tell sarcasm by reading something posted by someone I do not even know. wow, props to you for having such skills

Old 10-10-2008, 07:06 PM

Default Re: Turbo Head (JAYSEM Society)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JAYSEM Society &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Sorry. I can't tell sarcasm by reading something posted by someone I do not even know. wow, props to you for having such skills

</TD></TR></TABLE>Hey I don't know any of you and it was pretty obvious to me also.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:04 PM

im behind this guy. he wants a challenge anyone can build a 500hp+ vtec motor but making the same numbers on a straight ls takes a lil more skill and would get more props
Old 10-11-2008, 01:50 AM
Make mine whatever you want

Default Re: (voodoo on 23s)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Fkned &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey I don't know any of you and it was pretty obvious to me also. </TD></TR></TABLE>

lol, yea i didn't have a problem either...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by voodoo on 23s &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im behind this guy. he wants a challenge anyone can build a 500hp+ vtec motor but making the same numbers on a straight ls takes a lil more skill and would get more props</TD></TR></TABLE>

Enlighten me on what kind of "skills" you're talking about.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:17 PM

getting the head to flow like a vtec one
Old 10-11-2008, 10:07 PM

Default Re: (voodoo on 23s)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by voodoo on 23s &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">getting the head to flow like a vtec one</TD></TR></TABLE>Dollar for dollar it will never happen.
Old 10-12-2008, 10:45 AM

and thats what im talking about a challenge. you might flow as much you can get pretty close

Quick Reply: Turbo Head