Quaiffe LSD
Stock head- in need of a valve adjustment
Stock Intake manifold
Drag III turbo Kit
Tial Wastegate
Hondata S200
Really small 96# injectors
3 inch exhuast exhuast with a cat, two resonators, and a muffler

This project has taken a long time- three years... Everything that could take longer than it is supposed to, did... The Quaiffe took over a year to get!!! I got a good deal though!!!! Not a years worth, but still a good deal...
I'd like to thank all the people involved: Robert (Rocket), Ben (From Importparts), Viren from VSV, Vince from Acura, and Alex and Nells at Carburator Connection. Thank you all!!!!
Just to let everyone know, this is the first stage of my daily driver project and it is now up and running nicely. There is more to come- thanks to RocketMotorsports, Full-Race, and the guys at Carburator Connection...
The car idles really nicely- it seems louder than I remember- but that was three years ago and I still can't find my faceplate for my stereo to drown out the sound.... It is a lot quieter than most hondas around here though....
I followed the break in pricedure described in the motorcycle website about engine break-ins where you don't baby it.
After the break in on the dyno, we did some runs and turned up the boost. The guys at Carb Connection were very impressive! Thanks again!
We ended up only being able to get 18psi before the intercooler hoses would pop off- Drag III kits have probably been updated since 2000, but my kit has very shiny chrome piping that is really slippery and doesn't give anywhere for the connectors to latch on to so I will have to get little nubs welded on to make the piping stay on. At 15psi the piping would stay on and we were able to get (uncorrected) 330 hp and 243 ft/lbs or 322 hp and 232 ft/lbs corrected- both at 7500rpm.
The pipes kept blowing off at 18psi and the highest we were able to get it up to was 7000rpm or about 112mph in fourth gear. So at about 7000 rpm we got 350hp and 260ft/lbs of torque corrected.
Rocket from Rocket Motorsports should have a fully built head for me soon and then we redyno and retune- so more and better number will be comming when I have money and time!!!!
I don't think 350 hp at 7000rpm is too bad to finish the break in on.....

In short 350hp 260ft/lbs at 7000- hoses kept blowing off- on a built bottem end with stock head and intake manifild with a old drag III kit...

That's, that's all folks!!!!
Old 02-04-2005, 07:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Turbo gsr dyno with Drag III Kit (Sleeper in Seattle)

nice bro...good luck with finishing it...be safe
Old 02-04-2005, 07:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turbo gsr dyno with Drag III Kit (yehiknowrite)

good #'s. Good luck with your setup... Buy some t-bolt clamps. Those should hold!
Old 02-04-2005, 11:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turbo gsr dyno with Drag III Kit (yehiknowrite)

Thanks guys!!!!
I was of course hoping for more power- but I am thinking that the drag III kit and the stock gsr intake manifold and stock head are holding me back right now...
Anyone know what's the most someone has made on the Drag III kit?
Thanks again!