Notices

turbo d16

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 10:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo d16

What do u guys think about this turbo. It new Do u guys think its worth 230$ http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=62na8pg

Spec are

DESCRIPTION: T3T4 AR48 60TRIM T3T4 TURBO WITH WASTEGATE ( 90 DAYS WARRANTY )

TURBO Spec :

3" inlet diameter

2.5 INNER DIAMETER" v-band outlet

1/8 npt oil inlet

T3 flange

.48 A/R compressor

.60 A/R tubrine

.60 trim

internal wastegate set 8 psi

wet float bearing

CAPABLE OF 27 PSI

*note: as you may know these are after market parts. We recommend professional installation.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 05-15-2007, 12:11 PM

Default Re: turbo d16 (nihad)

well it came from a cheap company on ebay ssssoooooooooo its probably crap
Old 05-15-2007, 02:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

GGGGGGGarbage
Old 05-15-2007, 03:22 PM

werd
Old 05-15-2007, 04:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (D15Bbigred)

why i dont need it to last me 3years I just need a turbo that could get me like 250 hp for now i dont want to spend like 500-1000 on a really good turbo when this 200 $ one will probably work just fine. Do u guys think this is capable of getting like 300 hp my engine is well built and thats where i spent the most money so now i just want to turbo it
it not fun driving a low compression d16. I think it better to get this new turbo then some used one that i dont know nothing about. + the turbo that i want to get is pretty expensive.
Old 05-15-2007, 04:14 PM

Default Re: (nihad)

3 years hahahahahahaha youll be lucky if that thing lasts you 3 weeks
Old 05-15-2007, 04:16 PM

Default Re: (boosted timebomb)

if you spent all this money on your motor why skimp on the power adder
Old 05-15-2007, 07:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

because i want to turbo it now not wait couple of months. If you know how to break in the turbo right like every thing else it will last at least a 1-2 years. It say it is capable of
27 psi so me running 10-15 shouldnt do no harm. I have seen ebay turbo last for like 2 years. What kinda ride do u have any ways.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:39 PM

They say its capable of 27 psi so they can get riceboys to buy there **** thinking nothing will happen. maybe it will last 2 or 3 years what do i know... hopefully your one of the lucky people that gets a decent turbo. i just dont want to see another "theres oil in my downpipe and i dont know why" or "my compressor housing came apart what should i do" thread

H-T can be very useful if you know how to use the search button you can find this **** everywhere. all that im saying is that if you spent all this money to make your motor handle all kinds of MAD POWA why not spend a little extra and buy a good turbo.

oh ya i had a 90 si with a z6 on 9 psi til i snapped a rod now im back to an NA a6
and a 75 Pontiac T/A 400ci 4-spd with around 360 hp and 410 torque

Modified by boosted timebomb at 8:50 PM 5/15/2007
Old 05-15-2007, 08:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dude buy the turbo there are lots of people who are making good power on ebay turbos i have a t3/t4 off ebay and i have no probs with it just follow the break in instructions and use a restrictor...
Old 05-15-2007, 08:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good things come to those who wait.

patience is a virtue

you get what you pay for

do i need to go on?

it took me a year to build my last motor, you think im gonna chance it with a 250 dollar turbo. NO
Old 05-15-2007, 09:06 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nihad &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">because i want to turbo it now not wait couple of months. If you know how to break in the turbo right like every thing else it will last at least a 1-2 years. It say it is capable of
27 psi so me running 10-15 shouldnt do no harm. I have seen ebay turbo last for like 2 years. What kinda ride do u have any ways.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You seemed to have convinced yourself already....

So why ask H-T?
Old 05-15-2007, 09:53 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nihad &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">because i want to turbo it now not wait couple of months. If you know how to break in the turbo right like every thing else it will last at least a 1-2 years. It say it is capable of
27 psi so me running 10-15 shouldnt do no harm. I have seen ebay turbo last for like 2 years. What kinda ride do u have any ways.</TD></TR></TABLE>

First of all, you do not need to "break in" a turbo.

Second of all, there is no telling how long a turbo will last you...this depends on the manufacturer, new/used, and how well you changed the oil for the time it's used.

Third, just because it "says" its capable of 27psi doesnt necessarily mean it is. PSI and power are two completely different things.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nihad &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">why i dont need it to last me 3years I just need a turbo that could get me like 250 hp for now i dont want to spend like 500-1000 on a really good turbo when this 200 $ one will probably work just fine. Do u guys think this is capable of getting like 300 hp my engine is well built and thats where i spent the most money so now i just want to turbo it
it not fun driving a low compression d16. I think it better to get this new turbo then some used one that i dont know nothing about. + the turbo that i want to get is pretty expensive. </TD></TR></TABLE>

The first part that i highlighted, clearly shows that you do not know where to spend your money wisely. If you REALLY think that $500 is a lot of money for a brand new Garrett T3/T4 turbo, you should not be in this game...period.

This next part that i highlighted, shows that you did not plan wisely ahead of time and you rushed into things. You should of had your turbo setup all planned out before your motor was finished, so that way you wouldnt be in the situation you're in now....driving around a ***** low compression motor.

Finally, who said you had to get a "used" turbo that you know nothing about? Why cant you get a NEW turbo that is actually from a reputable company, and RESEARCH it? You can easily find a brand new turbo w/ the same specs from Garrett, Turbonetics, etc.

You are way off on your thinking man.

Old 05-16-2007, 05:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (1995Civic)

you gotta pay to play ............do it right the first time.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

If you need it to last only 3 days, sure, buy it.

You may have seen 'these' turbos last 2 years, but I've also seen DSM's go 2 years w/o an issue. When you use the exception to the rule as your example, you may as well just go max out you credit cards and THEN buy a lottery ticket. WIth your reasoning, you're SURE to win.

I can't recall where I saw that quote, but it goes along the lines of "I see people spending so much on carbon fiber goodies, jdm this/that, etc, but then you want to save on the manifold?". It may not be a 700whp show car, but you have to have money put in the right spot. GET YOUR PRIORITIES STRAIGHT.

In all honesty, I think I want to get me one of these turbos. So I can smack guys in the head with it who try to buy this ****.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:22 AM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just based on the wonderful description given, i would say its a total piece of **** from China....buy it if you want though...i could care less
Old 05-16-2007, 10:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You may have seen 'these' turbos last 2 years, but I've also seen DSM's go 2 years w/o an issue. When you use the exception to the rule as your example, you may as well just go max out you credit cards and THEN buy a lottery ticket. WIth your reasoning, you're SURE to win.

I can't recall where I saw that quote, but it goes along the lines of "I see people spending so much on carbon fiber goodies, jdm this/that, etc, but then you want to save on the manifold?". It may not be a 700whp show car, but you have to have money put in the right spot. GET YOUR PRIORITIES STRAIGHT.

What are u talking about i dont own a carbon fiber hood or any thing like that. My 89civic si is stock except for a apexi ws exaust and the built engine.

Was just asking if any one had one of these cheap turbo on their setup I dont think this turbo is much diff from a xs power.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:59 PM

your absolutely right its not much different cause its basically the same damn company.
and nobody said you had carbon fiber anything he was just making a point that you have to know where to spend your money
Old 05-16-2007, 03:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Spend what you can afford to spend while still having fun. Don't let anyone tell you how to spend your own money. Just read the real facts and you make your own opinions. Good Luck
Old 05-16-2007, 04:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally I was going to buy a ball bearing turbo. Some thing like a gt28rs or a gt2871r. But they run
close to 700-800 and I didnt want to spend the money now. I will find out how long this one lasts.
I also have to think about engine manigment. Dont know if i want to go OBD1 or stay with the Obd0.
Other thing is i dont live close to a dyno or some one that can turn it.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:04 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boosted timebomb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">your absolutely right its not much different cause its basically the same damn company.
and nobody said you had carbon fiber anything he was just making a point that you have to know where to spend your money</TD></TR></TABLE>

Exactly.

You just compared two turbos to each other that were both crap.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMs1eeper &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Spend what you can afford to spend while still having fun. Don't let anyone tell you how to spend your own money. Just read the real facts and you make your own opinions. Good Luck </TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree, but why spend a little bit of money on junk when you will need to end up spending more on ANOTHER turbo when this one blows? When its all said and done, you will be spending the same amount, only you will go thru bullshit and time of replacing it.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nihad &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Originally I was going to buy a ball bearing turbo. Some thing like a gt28rs or a gt2871r. But they run
close to 700-800 and I didnt want to spend the money now. I will find out how long this one lasts.
I also have to think about engine manigment. Dont know if i want to go OBD1 or stay with the Obd0.
Other thing is i dont live close to a dyno or some one that can turn it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Both of those turbos are great. However, nobody said you have to spend that much on a good turbo. $400 and you can have yourself a brand new t3 super 60 that will put your car easily to 300whp depending on the Exhaust housing.

Think, and get your priorities straight....obviously you are not understanding the importance of a good, quality turbo.

Old 05-16-2007, 09:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That turbo is not a .48 ar turbine. It is a .63 ar turbine. I know cause my brother-in-law have one. So they gave you false information. He brought one thinking it was a .48 ar turbine too but it's not.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:14 PM

Default Re: (turb20_vtec)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turb20_vtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That turbo is not a .48 ar turbine. It is a .63 ar turbine. I know cause my brother-in-law have one. So they gave you false information. He brought one thinking it was a .48 ar turbine too but it's not. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Do you mean Compressor?

Because the turbo he is showing from the listing is neither a .48 or .63 turbine. It's a .60 turbine. The compressor is listed as a .48 Do you mean the Compressor is a .63?
Old 05-17-2007, 01:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (1995Civic)

do you think that turbo is pretty compatible to a d16. I have heard a super60 is not good for a d16 it has been dyno proven or something. Dont want to have a hard time getting it up to speed. Where do u think it spools. Where does it boost what rpm. thanks

Quick Reply: turbo d16