Notices

turbo adaptor plate material?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2003, 06:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo adaptor plate material?

What is the best material to use for a turbo adaptor plate on a t25 flange to hf manifold setup? I can get just about any material imaginable, titanium any good for this? Is there a demand for them? I can make hundreds of them if demanded for, in great quality of course and do custom orders. Let me know, I can show some previous work.
Old 01-14-2003, 06:56 PM

Default Re: turbo adaptor plate material? (ijjz)

Umm if your working with metals it's best to get two metals together with approximately the same expansion rates. The closer they are the better. You also have to take heat latency into account. If you've done previous welding or metal work you'd know this, right?
Old 01-14-2003, 07:00 PM

Default Re: turbo adaptor plate material? (tzsir)

Well to be honest, I'm not the one doing the cutting. I should have mentioned that earlier. I was just presenting the idea to people on here, and at the same time trying to figure out what people are using for thier plates.

[Modified by ijjz, 11:01 PM 1/14/2003]
Old 01-14-2003, 07:19 PM

Default Re: turbo adaptor plate material? (ijjz)

Most people would buy them from homemadetubo.com or I believe cheapturbo.com has them, but I'm not sure some of the D-boys will have to tell you that. I'm still a cam snob until I can afford another car to fit an F22 in ...
Old 01-14-2003, 08:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: turbo adaptor plate material? (tzsir)

Just use steel. There will be plenty of work to do with a die grinder. You really don't want to do that with titanium. And, exhaust components get way too hot for aluminum. BTW, get the highest quality bolts you can, and use anti-seize on everything.

I'm not sure about the whole mass produced adapter plate thing. The thing is, I recently designed and made my own adapter plate for a t25 on a STD manifold for a D16Y8. It looked *nothing* like the adapter plates I've seen for sale on ebay, etc. Not only was the turbo twisted slightly, I had to give the entire plate a slight wedge shape to move the turbo away from the block. IMO, the only way a massed produced plate will work is if it's for a CERTAIN turbo, on a CERTAIN motor.
Old 11-20-2004, 10:10 AM

Default Re: turbo adaptor plate material? (BudaKai)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BudaKai &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Most people would buy them from homemadetubo.com or I believe cheapturbo.com has them, but I'm not sure some of the D-boys will have to tell you that. I'm still a cam snob until I can afford another car to fit an F22 in ...</TD></TR></TABLE>

homemadeturbo doesnt sell them and all the people that do sell them, sell them at an unreasonable price