Notices

tunning?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2005, 10:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tunning?

im not sure what kind of fule manegment stuff i need for my teg. so if you can help. it be nices
Old 05-15-2005, 10:30 PM

Default Re: tunning? (eatbieodie2)

**SHUDDERS**

Your post hurt my soul

First post your setup/intended setup.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you're running turbo and obd1...go for Hondata, Uberdata, turbo-edit, AEM EMS, etc. It's all on how much you have and how much you are willing to spend. They all go from about next to nothing to more than some peoples cars are blue booked.
Old 05-16-2005, 10:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Boosted Power)

well i got an obdII ls and Im on a short buget. i dont know what to get. thanks for the help
Old 05-16-2005, 01:11 PM

Default Re: (eatbieodie2)

What is your setup/intended setup...
Old 05-17-2005, 09:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eatbieodie2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well i got an obdII ls and Im on a short buget. i dont know what to get. thanks for the help </TD></TR></TABLE>

Get an OBD 1 P75 ECU and an OBD 2 to OBD 1 ECU conversion harness. Those will probably set you back about $250 or so. You can then buy some DSM 450's for around $50 and wire in some resistors or a resistor box ($20). Then you can either run your stock teg fuel pump, but I dont know how much HP they are good for. If you want you can get a Walbro fuel pump for $79-$99.

Once you have all that then if you hav a laptop you can look into a DIY EMS like Crome or Uberdata. You can get ECU chipping supplies ($15) from http://www.moates.net, and they'll even chip your ECU for $20. Then a basic ROM burner setup will be $85 but with this setup, tuning your car will be very tedious and repetitive. The reason is anytime you have to make a change you have to turn the car off and remove a chip from your ECU burn the change to it with your burner then put it back into your ECU and restart the car. You can get an Ostrich emulator which will allow you to make changes while the car is running, so it is a lot faster. You can get the Ostrich from moates for $175.

Then the last piece of equipment that you'll need if you wanna do all your own tuning is a wideband setup. The best one to use for Uberdata is the PLX 300 and Innovative LM-1. You should stay away from the Zeitronix Zt-2 even though it's cheaper...the Zt-2 is harder to setup for use in Uberdata. You can get the PLX and LM1 from b18bturbo on H-T for $313.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BlueShadow)

sound cool i look it up. dam thanks for that reply
Old 05-17-2005, 12:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eatbieodie2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sound cool i look it up. dam thanks for that reply </TD></TR></TABLE>

np...if you dont know anything about tuning it's ok. It might seem confusing at first, but after a while you'll catch on. It's not hard really, basically your WB setup tells you your A/F ratio, you add/subtract fuel with your EM until you get the AFR to where you want it. I used to use Uberdata, but I recently bought CromePRO which is a little better and has better support. I spent a couple of minutes yesterday messing around with Ostrich and it's pretty cool.
Old 05-19-2005, 11:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

how much does a wideband cost?
Old 05-20-2005, 12:34 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlueShadow &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Get an OBD 1 P75 ECU and an OBD 2 to OBD 1 ECU conversion harness. Those will probably set you back about $250 or so. You can then buy some DSM 450's for around $50 and wire in some resistors or a resistor box ($20). Then you can either run your stock teg fuel pump, but I dont know how much HP they are good for. If you want you can get a Walbro fuel pump for $79-$99.

Once you have all that then if you hav a laptop you can look into a DIY EMS like Crome or Uberdata. You can get ECU chipping supplies ($15) from http://www.moates.net, and they'll even chip your ECU for $20. Then a basic ROM burner setup will be $85 but with this setup, tuning your car will be very tedious and repetitive. The reason is anytime you have to make a change you have to turn the car off and remove a chip from your ECU burn the change to it with your burner then put it back into your ECU and restart the car. You can get an Ostrich emulator which will allow you to make changes while the car is running, so it is a lot faster. You can get the Ostrich from moates for $175.

Then the last piece of equipment that you'll need if you wanna do all your own tuning is a wideband setup. The best one to use for Uberdata is the PLX 300 and Innovative LM-1. You should stay away from the Zeitronix Zt-2 even though it's cheaper...the Zt-2 is harder to setup for use in Uberdata. You can get the PLX and LM1 from b18bturbo on H-T for $313.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That post was so perfect I don't even know what else to say