Notices

tuning shop for AEM

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2002, 07:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tuning shop for AEM

I wanna get my AEM tuned when it gets here(duh) but I don't know of any shops in my area that will do it. I read a couple of posts before and they said about $180 bucks an hour for about 2 hours so it's about 360 tops. there is a place around here that will do it for 500. thats a big difference in price. i know I need to get it tuned but I don't have access to a laptop YET. I'm from north jersey. I'm lookin for a reputable shop.
Old 04-09-2002, 08:16 PM

Default Re: tuning shop for AEM (92JDMSiR)

I believe ecpracing has done at least three install/tuning. Give them all call. I think they are also around $500 for the tuning. Perhaps you can contact AEM about the $200 reimbursement for tuning if you are still within the number limit.
Old 04-09-2002, 08:19 PM

hmm you dont need a laptop. The tuner will have one and do everythign for you. It's not recommended that you try to play with the settings after its done. You might want to give bullish racing a call. http://www.bullishracing.com They have a dyno on site and they are pretty good tuners. Another place in north jersey that has a dyno would be Mothers on route 46. I can't vouch for their work though, but I'm sure they are okay. And honestly not all dyno tunning sessions will take 2 hours, most of the time its more.
Old 04-10-2002, 09:26 AM
INSERT TITLE HERE

Default Re: tuning shop for AEM (ekb18c)

hmm you dont need a laptop. The tuner will have one and do everythign for you. It's not recommended that you try to play with the settings after its done.
IMO, if you're getting it tuned by someone else, you really should go another route. This system is designed to be tinkered with, that's the whole point. If you're not skilled or confident enough to tune it yourself, you should start with something a little less intimidating (Like an AFC) and start from there. The AEM EMS is for heavily modified cars that require frequent tuning changes.

As far as dyno time goes, if you can get a flat rate take it. 180 an hour is a little high IMO and it will definitely take more than 2 hours. My experience with the unit so far suggests it may take upwards of 8 hours on the dyno to get it right and that's not even taking into account the time involved in getting it to pass emmisions or get good gas milage on the low end. You have to remember that this is a complicated system and most likely your tuner has about as much experience with it as you do (read: none).
Old 04-10-2002, 10:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Try DRT in Queens NY.
Old 04-10-2002, 11:28 AM

Default Re: tuning shop for AEM (b18b98)

ecp doe snot have a dyno and neither does drt. they will use another dyno and basically mark up the price for dyno time since they will be there.

no one really has much experience with the aem ems as of yet. the product is too new. bullishracing/ralleye motorsports is very credible. i'd give them a try. very nice people over there.

ecp uses kaztech in hackensack i believe.

figure you'll need at least a good 3-4 hours of tuning the aem with a turbo set-up.
Old 04-10-2002, 10:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: tuning shop for AEM (bgod)

DRT does have a dyno but not sure they tune AEM
Old 04-10-2002, 11:09 PM

Default Re: tuning shop for AEM (RH+G)

For sure whoever you choose to tune the system, contact AEM for the reimbursement. Some tuners will more than likely save your map for that just in case scenario. Meaning that after they tune that car and it blows up the week later they can match the maps for whatever reason (tinkering with software).