Notices

tuning my d16

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 06:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tuning my d16

ok heres my dellima i want to go uber data or crome but i dont know of anyone in louisiana who knows how to chip or use the tuning program this chipping thing really eludes me i search about it but i cant ever seem to get some hard facts on how to do it urself. Im currently running a t25 on my d16y7 with a obx fmu and msd btm i put the kit on last weekend i bought the car on thursday and had my pieced together kit on by sunday. i had a bunch of boost leak problems but i got them worked out it runs fine at 3/4 throttle but if u push the gas more than that it bogs down kinda feels like a misfire so i just dont give it mor ethan 3/4 right now im only runnning 7.5 psi i wanna go for 14psi on a conservative tune. i just need some help here i know of one place in LA that tunes its in Baton rouge but only with aem and hondata. If anyone knows of a good place that tunes with uber or crome give me a hollar please. I wanna go crome or uber cause of the light price tag but if i have to i guess ill save up for hondata i just dont wanna blow my engine before i can save up enough money. if anyone has a good site on how to buy a burner and to burn roms id apreciate it maybve i could figure the program out by myself but id rather have a tuner do it for me on a dyno.... gimmie some info please aight im out
Old 03-16-2006, 08:01 AM

Default Re: tuning my d16 (hitatree.at125mph)

I can tune using Uberdata/Crome. I am in New Orleans, Louisiana.
Old 03-16-2006, 12:40 PM

Default Re: tuning my d16 (Threads)

do u have a shop or are you just able to tune.. i want to bring it to a tuner and get it dynoed and do it right ..anyone else
Old 03-16-2006, 03:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sup dude u from Alex i aint never seen u around i guess i live in pineville . I got a p06 chipped out for Crome the whole chipping stuff is easy. I also got a willems eprom burner it works good . But i recommend getting the RTP real time programmer .... like Ostrich or somthin like that
Old 03-16-2006, 03:11 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hitatree.at125mph &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">do u have a shop or are you just able to tune.. i want to bring it to a tuner and get it dynoed and do it right ..anyone else</TD></TR></TABLE>

To my knowledge, the only dyno with tuners in Louisiana is now in Baton Rouge.

I can hook you up i think with their current number, address, etc.
Old 03-16-2006, 04:34 PM

Default Re: tuning my d16 (Threads)

lightning motor sports huh .. i need to give em a call
Old 03-16-2006, 04:39 PM

Default Re: tuning my d16 (Pullig)

hey pullig i used to live in pville i live on hollymoore off of donahue ferry i moved to laffy for a long time .. if i buy a chipped p28 will u help me burn a crome or uber map on it .. if yah do u have a wideband we can use for it if not guess ill buy one. u might have seen my old civic i had a black 98 dx that was totally stock looking cept some euros and white rims sometimes... i bent one so i usually didnt have them on i had a j-spec b16sir2 but i wrecked it had a blowout at 120 and yeah hit a culburt and 3 trees hence the name haa well get back at me email me at muddyburns@aol.com and ill give u my cell so i can hook up to do this sheaat
Old 03-16-2006, 04:45 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hitatree.at125mph &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lightning motor sports huh .. i need to give em a call </TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually the place I was refering too is Corr Performance & Orbital Ovation.
Old 03-17-2006, 04:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well do u need a P28 ? first of all what engine are you going to be running Vtec or no vtec? If Vtec then yes a P28 would be great but if no vtec id get a much cheaper Po6 or wutever theres a few more out there that are cheap. Umm i dont have a wideband i really need to get one. Ive never tuned with it yet just burned some basemaps with full throttle launch just to see how it works . i was too scared to actually drive the car cuz i have no wideband. But if you got one im sure we could figure it out. i dont mind helping you or nothing. Ill show you how and what alll you need to chip the ecU first of all. Id rather let u tune it but i could help u by telling u things i know from reading these forums. Best thing to do would be to get you a good street tune then take it to a dyno and have it tuned even better. Talk to me on AIM cpullig1585 . O by the way i have a Prelude loooks goldish color dropped on 17s not sure if youve seen it or not. Lata
Old 03-17-2006, 08:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

if u havent already check out pgmfi.org and moates.net two sites that will help u out w uberdata and crome.