Notices

Troubles With Nitrous Setup..

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 05:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Troubles With Nitrous Setup..

Ok.. I am having some problems with my NX Wet Kit and am looking for some ideas on what it may be.

Ok first off. Car runs perfect. No problems.

But..

When I arm the bottle it seems to work ok on like a 40mph roll and seems kinda strong so I can tell the bottle is working. But from a launch when I hit 2nd gear the car sputters real bad and does not want to go.

I unarm the car and it runs fine. So I take the Fuel side off the intake and nothing is coming out of that side. So I think that is one problem but that would mean the car is just getting a straight shot of Nitrous (41 Jet) and I would think that the car could handle that no problem. Would that make the car sputter?.

The Kit is just the basic Import 4 Cylinder Kit. No purge, no bottle heater, no remote opener. Nothing just whatever comes in that kit.

Now onto the fuel pressure. I checked the Fuel Pressure gauge and noticed its down low to like 22 with the car running. But its a POS free gauge and not sure if the guage is off but I remember it being on at 40psi when I first did that setup. So I cranked the **** out of the AEM FPR and got it up to 40 finally but I turned it back down because I knew that wasn't right.

So those are my problems with the car right now. Any ideas on what it is. The car runs perfect off the bottle which makes me believe that the fuel pressure is fine. It has no bogs nothing.

So any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks guys.
Old 04-14-2005, 07:31 PM

Bueller
Old 04-14-2005, 09:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

To test if your getting fuel through your fuel system, with the nitrous bottle off and the key in the on position arm the system, press the WOT switch and feul should come out of the solenoid. Also get a good fuel pressure gauge
Old 04-14-2005, 09:11 PM

Default Re: Troubles With Nitrous Setup.. (CarAudiophile)

What fuel jet are you running with this combo. Also, how long are the lines between the solenoids and nozzle (a key item almost always overlooked)? Do you run a nitrous filter, if so double check it. Check for fuel as in the post above. Narrow down what is going on and post back.

If you are getting pure nitrous to the engine that would most definitly explain the sputter. The poor thing would be dead lean and the sputter would be from when the oxygen burns all of the fuel and is searching for the next best fuel...... ALUMINUM!
Old 04-15-2005, 09:47 AM

Fuel Jet is wat NX said. Its the 24. But why would the car go so lean on just a 40hp Dry shot when B16's can take 75hp Dry shot and be fine. The fuel line is tapped onto the AEM Fuel rail and then run to the Noid on the Firewall.

I did the Bottle off and Hit the nitrous and I get nothing out of the fuel side. I am trying a B&M guage tonight to see if it reads differently.
Old 04-15-2005, 10:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (CarAudiophile)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CarAudiophile &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">But why would the car go so lean on just a 40hp Dry shot when B16's can take 75hp Dry shot and be fine.
I did the Bottle off and Hit the nitrous and I get nothing out of the fuel side. I am trying a B&M guage tonight to see if it reads differently. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Because a dry kits still adds fuel. I had the zex kit on my old car. I actually hooked it up wrong and was wondering why it was so slow on a 55shot, so i got pissed and jetted for the 75, well i lost 1/2 a second that run and decided to pull the plugs, white very very white. Long story short i had it hooked up so that no more fuel was being added. which usually means bye bye engine.

Figureout why your not getting fuel to the fuel jet, buy a good gauge and get the fuel pressure right. Don't spay till you get fuel problem fixed.
Old 04-15-2005, 10:51 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CarAudiophile &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Fuel Jet is wat NX said. Its the 24. But why would the car go so lean on just a 40hp Dry shot when B16's can take 75hp Dry shot and be fine. The fuel line is tapped onto the AEM Fuel rail and then run to the Noid on the Firewall.

I did the Bottle off and Hit the nitrous and I get nothing out of the fuel side. I am trying a B&M guage tonight to see if it reads differently. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Jesus Christ, stop SPRAYING!!! a Dry kit still adds fuel by bumping the fuel pressure up, A wet kit obviously injects nitrous with fuel t'ed from your fuel system. Post pics of EXACTLY where you tapped into your fuel system. Most peope T it after the fuel filter but between the fuel rail. Go change you plugs too, you're lucky you didn't burn a hole in a piston or something.
Old 04-15-2005, 12:38 PM

Uh I sprayed it on the track after making several passes that were fine. No need to get panties in a bunch. It messed up that once and haven't sprayed since.

This is how it has been hooked up over a year with no problems. I have upped the shot to 75hp this year. Car made about 11 passes on the 75hp Shot with no problems until this problem

Old 04-15-2005, 01:21 PM

Sorry i didn't know if you were a total no0b with nitrous or not. lol Looks good to me, is the fuel 'noid still clicking when the system is armed?