Notices

Traction bars or axles? What would you buy first?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2003, 01:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Traction bars or axles? What would you buy first?

Finally my motor will be put back together soon. Basically fully built LSvtec. Im wondering if I should do axles like Flamenco-t's Gators or DSS or going with Jimfab's traction bars.
I never had any wheel hop issues before, but then again I never ripped hard launches on my 24.5 slicks on low air pressure.
Quaife was just ordered for the trans, so that'll help traction.

Decisions, decisions. Maybe I'll just order both.

By the way. Does anyone know if the Jimfabs are on backorder....I heard they were.
Old 09-03-2003, 02:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Traction bars or axles? What would you buy first? (93LSivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93LSivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Finally my motor will be put back together soon. Basically fully built LSvtec. Im wondering if I should do axles like Flamenco-t's Gators or DSS or going with Jimfab's traction bars.
I never had any wheel hop issues before, but then again I never ripped hard launches on my 24.5 slicks on low air pressure.
Quaife was just ordered for the trans, so that'll help traction.

Decisions, decisions. Maybe I'll just order both.

By the way. Does anyone know if the Jimfabs are on backorder....I heard they were.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I still say the best thing I bought besides the turbo was the Jim Fab traction bar setup. It literally eliminated my wheel hop and made the car stick to the ground at launch (this was without slicks).

But, I am not sure you will have much hop with 24.5" slicks.
I say buy the Jim Fab then wait for an axle to break then you have a reason to buy the axles.

In all honesty, that is a tough call though.
Old 09-03-2003, 02:13 PM
New User

i would strongly recommend axles before traction bars if you are planning on running higher than 400 hp/300 tq to the wheels. and if you are, you might want to run 9" wide 24.5's or even step up to a 25. get the axles first.
Old 09-03-2003, 02:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Traction bars or axles? What would you buy first? (jinxproof99)

Thanks for the input. They are both valid replies that I was looking for.
Jinx, yes, I am definetly looking for 400+ and my current slicks are the MT 24.5x8's I think....they're a little dusty from sitting, lol.
To add on axle choice. Do I go with stage 2 or higher? Gators are tested up to 420ish and DSS are good for 400 or so. Both are advertised and suposedly holds more. Should I just skip the stage 2 and go right into stage3 which require a hub change to the Prelude sizes.
Old 09-03-2003, 04:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93LSivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks for the input. They are both valid replies that I was looking for.
Jinx, yes, I am definetly looking for 400+ and my current slicks are the MT 24.5x8's I think....they're a little dusty from sitting, lol.
To add on axle choice. Do I go with stage 2 or higher? Gators are tested up to 420ish and DSS are good for 400 or so. Both are advertised and suposedly holds more. Should I just skip the stage 2 and go right into stage3 which require a hub change to the Prelude sizes.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sorry, I wasn't sure of your goals. As Jinx said, the axle choice is a better choice for you, unless you like changing axles.
Old 09-03-2003, 05:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I look at this a totally different way..... If you look at alot of cars leaving hard with slicks or even on street tires, the damn wheel moves back and forth so much that it has to be putting a shitload of stress on any axle. I know I'm not making any crazy numbers but I have been launching my CRX at redline and havn't had an axle break yet. Just using jimfab traction bars and Autozone axles.......
Old 09-03-2003, 05:03 PM

axles....
Old 09-03-2003, 05:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Traction bars or axles? What would you buy first? (ekb18c)

dave. go stag 5 dss or stage 3 gators. u want room for growth, plus its really hard to tell, you'll never know if you'll snap them on 24.5 or will it take 26. if you know what i mean.
Old 09-03-2003, 05:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Traction bars or axles? What would you buy first? (rOby)

Dan, knowing you I'd suggest stage 3 just because it has proven to hold more HP than others. Again, A few NHRA/NDRA hot rod/pro 4 cyl guys have run the same setup of Stage 3's with hub change. They're making 600-700 hp cutting 1.4-1.6 60' using 26x8's.

As far as JIm fab or Axles. I''d check the setup that you have, if your condition is non-threatening, I'd say go with Jim Fab first, worry about Axles later. Otherwise, a traction bar will do no good, if you can't pass the staging lane with a broken axles.

Check your IM

stan
Old 09-04-2003, 08:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Traction bars or axles? What would you buy first? (Flamenco-T)

Stan I responded to your PM, thanks.

I guess from the looks of it I will be going with axles.
Stan, any word on the Pro Drive hubs yet?? What is ball park price on what they normally go for?
Old 09-04-2003, 10:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Traction bars or axles? What would you buy first? (ekb18c)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ekb18c &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">axles....</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 09-04-2003, 10:29 AM

Default Re: Traction bars or axles? What would you buy first? (DLB1994)

traction bars.
Old 09-04-2003, 11:05 AM

Old 09-04-2003, 11:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Traction bars or axles? What would you buy first? (TTWS6,)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TTWS6, &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I'm really ghey and make false claims about shops I don't use </TD></TR></TABLE>

Ban.

Modified by DC2R714 at 10:59 PM 9/8/2003
Old 09-04-2003, 11:35 AM

i would go axles, the traction bars.

btw dan, when i called your shop last week, why were yall so rude to me? why wouldnt you answer my questions? why did yuo tell me to call back after simply asking who in your area did the dyno-tuning?
Old 09-04-2003, 11:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Dr. Physics)

i say bars, id rather break an axle then break something in the transmission..
Old 09-04-2003, 11:54 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dr. Physics &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

btw dan, when i called your shop last week, why were yall so rude to me? why wouldnt you answer my questions? why did yuo tell me to call back after simply asking who in your area did the dyno-tuning? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 09-04-2003, 12:03 PM

oh, figures
Old 09-05-2003, 10:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You two guys are the biggest ******* ********. Stay out of my threads. Neither of you punks called the store. Why would you even call a shop 1000 miles away and ask where we dyno at?? Thats like me calling alaska and asking which ice fishing hole is the best cause I just want to know.

Stop trying to spread bullshit about me or our shop. Actually, If you can come up with one single scrap of hardcore evidence that I **** over customers, or even have one unsatisfied customer then I will retire my screename from Honda-Tech and never post on this website again, period.
Many people here can vouch for me, Arturbo personally put his reputation on the line for me in this thread https://honda-tech.com/zerothre...82503 that you *******'s got in on. if you really care then ask around. Just stay out of my threads.....******* losers.
Old 09-05-2003, 10:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (93LSivic)

I would also vouch for Dan. He is one of my good friends and I know for a fact that he is not shady nor is Fuzion Auto. I will say that he does come off rather gruff on the internet but other than that he is actually a really nice guy. I have yet to hear of someone who is unsatisfied with his or Fuzion's work.
Old 09-05-2003, 10:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (racerxadam)

I am one of Dan's clients and I can say that I stand behind him too. I was fucked over by SKR and my engine blew up. SKR would do nothing for me and claimed it was my fault. I then called up Dan. Dan at Fuzion Auto not only came and help me pull out the engine, He rebuilt it, and would call me atleast once a week to make sure everything was running fine. I now have close to a 1000 miles on my engine with absolutely no problems. I will be making close to 400whp and its all thanks to Dan, Jeff, and Adam who have helped turn my car back into what I wanted. Don't talk **** on people that you have NO experience with.

Dan
Jeff
Adam
Old 09-05-2003, 10:47 AM

how do you know i dont live/visit ohio? and how can you be SO sure that i didnt call?

and just for reference, my family lives in montgomety, right outside of cincinnati.
Old 09-05-2003, 11:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (racerxadam)

Although Dan and I had our differences and he does come off as a dick on line. I have never heard of him doing anyone wrong nor his shop. He was very helpful when Adam and I were having problems with my AEM EMS. If guys have a problem with him for personal reasons take it offline and keep it out of the FI Forum. We are all here to help each other and all you guys are doing is cluttering up his thread with bullshit and wasting Honda-Tech's bandwidth.
Old 09-05-2003, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i can vouch for Dan i have given him tons of money and my B18C5 motor with nothing in return but great service always. Dan's a great guy andf will bend over backwards to help people out. There are few out there like that , why make issues.
Old 09-05-2003, 11:16 AM

i didnt have a problem with him online(i can understand not wanting to answer a few questions over the phone) until he started in with the childish remarks in a friends classifieds thread.

Quick Reply: Traction bars or axles? What would you buy first?