Notices

timing issues and tuning my teg

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2004, 05:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default timing issues and tuning my teg

Alright ive got some slight problems, first of all i got a fully built LS integra 99 OBD2, im currently at about 19psi, fully 3inch no cat from turbo back. after a hard pull my spark will be gone, i pull the key out and it comes back...second of all my tuning capabilities right now are limited to a safc2, i have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, rc550's in right now. a missing link. my base correction is like -40% and at full boost it is at +23%, no timing mods at all, stock ignition, stock ecu other than that, right now i have a popped headgasket and pretty sure thats cause of preignition (knock) im wondering if i route my stock map sensor into a 3bar map sensor, watch my timing with the OBD2 timing plug in unit to log timing, and then correct by moving my base timing back a bunch and having the paper clip in the little ecu thing next to my glove box if this would be a benificial set up. currently its not moving til i change my headgasket...someone give me a hand with this im used to DSM's and this honda is racking my mind. please dont tell me to buy an EMS or go hondata or uberdata i will rip ur head off...anyways someone give me a hand!
Old 11-03-2004, 07:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: timing issues and tuning my teg (Habmike)

Ok, let me get this straight. You have a fully built LS running around 20 pounds no timing pulled and the AFC hack.....

and you think no one will tell you to get a proper tune w/ proper fuel mgmnt?

Go ahead rip my head off....

P.S. I have no experience with the hack, but I would doubt it would be easy to make the 3bar work.
Old 11-03-2004, 08:39 PM

Default Re: timing issues and tuning my teg (Boltz)

Proper fuel tuning is there my AFR is at about 12.0 according to me wideband UEGO, timing is what im worried about and where i need my base correction at, i would rather just pull the motor and throw in a 4g63 and make my day a whole lot easier and less expensive but thats even more money in custom fabbed axles and other junk( alot of other junk ) i need a straight up answer on what to do that will work correctly and not allow my ecu to do backflips on my timing!
Old 11-03-2004, 11:02 PM

For timing you need to be severly retarded in the high boost side since your engine will spin soo fast. To do that on the dizzy might make idle an issue and gas mileage (i think). Boltz is right with a fully built engine why the HELL are you runnning an inferior engine managment . If price is the issue Uberdata costs only $125 if you already have the wideband. From what I understand you do.

I hope someone can help you out with this. Why do you want to stay with the S-AFC anyway? I really really really don't get it!
Old 11-03-2004, 11:10 PM

Default Re: timing issues and tuning my teg (adseguy)

if you cant afford some decent fuel managment, at least look into an msd btc, and start saving for some sort of legit managment unless you enjoy wasting money
Old 11-04-2004, 08:52 AM

Default Re: timing issues and tuning my teg (adseguy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by adseguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">For timing you need to be severly retarded in the high boost side since your engine will spin soo fast. To do that on the dizzy might make idle an issue and gas mileage (i think). Boltz is right with a fully built engine why the HELL are you runnning an inferior engine managment . If price is the issue Uberdata costs only $125 if you already have the wideband. From what I understand you do.

I hope someone can help you out with this. Why do you want to stay with the S-AFC anyway? I really really really don't get it!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ok like i said i am used to DSM's, i know jack about uberdata, im used to DSM's with safc's and a data logger and ur done! not the case here i now understand. Someone tell me a bit about uberdata if it is only 125bucks, how do i tune with it, what are logging capabilities and where do i get it? and how do i install or use it?
Old 11-04-2004, 09:14 AM

theres ppl that can chip your ecu for you and look give you a stock map that you can tune with. Search uberdata you will find tons of info