Notices

Those with the fjo wideband unit and Hondata or EMS

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2002, 08:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Those with the fjo wideband unit and Hondata or EMS

How do you tap the wb o2 into your primary so that your Hondata or EMS can read from the wb as oppposed to the stock o2? I checked the hondata site and they speak of a adapter that they sell, but how do you do it without the adapter???

Thanks,
Old 06-11-2002, 09:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Those with the fjo wideband unit and Hondata or EMS (00ITR #543)

Isnt your answer found on this page?
http://www.hondata.com/techwidebandtuning.html
Old 06-11-2002, 10:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Those with the fjo wideband unit and Hondata or EMS (93LSivic)

um, somewhat, but is that specific to the motec plm like in the diagram or is the pin and color config the same as the fjo controller?? Can I just splice into the stock o2 connector instead of the ecu harness?
Old 06-11-2002, 10:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Those with the fjo wideband unit and Hondata or EMS (00ITR #543)

Im not too sure of the hookup. I have an FJO available to me, but havent had a chance to wire it into the car and try it yet. Sorry
Old 06-11-2002, 11:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

My understanding is that it is the same for either unit.
Old 06-11-2002, 11:31 AM

Default Re: Those with the fjo wideband unit and Hondata or EMS (trbob16a)

Give me a fax number and I will fax the sheet we printed out from the disc that came with my AEM. It explained exactly what wires to connect to and so on!
Old 06-11-2002, 12:18 PM
New User

I have the FJO as well; i haven't looked into how to hook it up yet on the actual unit, but I was looking at the documentation on their web page and couldn't figure out where the analog output comes from. Do you guys know?

-Xerxes
Old 06-11-2002, 12:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Those with the fjo wideband unit and Hondata or EMS (turbo Si)

Give me a fax number and I will fax the sheet we printed out from the disc that came with my AEM. It explained exactly what wires to connect to and so on!
Did it?? What document is it under. I haven't gotten around to reading the whole user's manual yet...
Old 06-11-2002, 08:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Those with the fjo wideband unit and Hondata or EMS (Xerxes)

FYI for those with the fjo. I didn't read enough of the manuals, but I think this will work after looking back at the manuals. taken off of the aem ems board..

"Not a Honda guy but... I'm ASSuming that you're buying the full FJO setup so....

The FJO has 3 pieces, driver box, sensor, display. The display uses a dedicated 4 or 5pin harness from the driver box, no wires get spliced fromthis. The sensor also has a dedicated harness, drill a hole, weld a bung, screw it in, run wire to driver box - done with sensor. FJO now has a few wires left free, RPM input, 0-5volt input, a harness with a 4pin plug. The RPM input and 0-5volt we don't need, we have the ECU to do our logging. That 4pin plug though has wires for driver power ground, driver +12 power, and two blanks. Those two blanks are sensor ground and O2 signal - those run to your ECU Note that sensor ground isn't always the same as chassis ground so make sure that you research which pin it ought to be using on the ECU from whatever pinout AEM gave you.

That ought to get you started. Once hooked up check the software to see what O2 Max, Min, and Gain are set to. ZERO isn't what you want in those fields. You will also probably need the FJO output table from the sensors section. In my case it's not quite right on across the board but it's in the allpark..

Good luck, hope that's of some help!

P.S. Do NOT run the car without the driver\heater box hooked up to the O2, it'll trash the sensor. also note that I'm assuming you're using the FJO driver box, I know the NTK sensor for this is stock in some Honda apps but I've not heard of any of you guys being able to use that yet so I've made ASSumptions on wiriing here."