Notices

Thieves caught in the act

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 04:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thieves caught in the act

I know this is the forced induction forum but I have been building my car for awhile and have put a lot of heart and soul based on a lot of info from this forum so in a way I feel a bit obligated to share my recent unfortunate experience thanks.

Well it inevitably happened, last night around 3 AM two very ignorant individuals decided that they deserved my turbo kit and all associated electronics and hardware more than I did. So here I am I get back home after going to hooters and getting drunk me and my girl go watch a flick and what do you know my manager at pep-boys is calling me at 3 telling me I need to get to work someone broke into my car, well needless to say I thought it was my daily, until he mentioned turbo, and then of course I was a bit upset, but the good thing is they caught these fools in the act. Oh man were they a pair of idiots, they first told the officer that they were trying to swap parts to get it ready for a race, then the officer asked why the tags weren't registered in his name, he replies oh they're my boys tags I just bought the car and hadn't had any time to register it yet so I put these on to get it from the house here. Then the kicker the officer asked him what his friends name is, oh what was that, oh yeah you don't know Jack @$$. Needless to say they cut up all the wiring for my gauges becuase they apparently deserved them. Then they used a $hitty cheap set of wrenches and hand tools to dissassemble my turbo, manifold, and wastegate, ripped the nitrous line from under the carpet, unbolted my nitrous bottle and then tried ripping the water injection line and all out of my firewall. I mean these guys did a lot of damage and it apparently looks like they decided to cut whatever wires were attached to under my hood. Thank god these guys got greedy and stayed there long enough to get caught. Funny thing is the officer that caught them he apparently knows a bit about cars becuase he saw my front mount and was a bit curious as to what was in it and he was merely on patrol and checking up on my car that night and on our parking lot. So now I have the sad duty to send these two fools to jail for some time and to make matters worse the car they rolled up in was a 04 Audi A6 with 20's they had my d@mn optima battery sitting in the baby seat. Oh yeah the owner of the car and apparently father already has another in the oven, I hope you enjoy your time in jail knowing your kid is being born with no father around. Oh yeah as for the other guy well he's now enjoying his time away from home, oh yeah where's home NYC, I hope he enjoys his time in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Talk about idiots. Anways looks like I'm going to be putting up some items for sale so keep your eye on the for sale section. And no the major parts of the turbo kit are not up for sale.

Oh yeah since this is a very old car getting full coverage wasn't an option so aside from suing these two individuals what can I do as far as getting repairations.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Thieves caught in the act (Reyke)

damn thieves
Old 06-27-2007, 04:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thats awesome man. Glad to hear that the cops were the ones who actually foiled this crime. If the dude was driving an Audi then I would def get some papers written up and sue the **** out of them. There is NO question that you will win that case. Take them for every penny like they tried to do to you. I hope you got the cop to note all the damage in his report. If not, go to your insurance company ASAP and make sure they note EVERYTHING that was damaged. You will need this is court!
Old 06-27-2007, 04:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Thieves caught in the act (slow poke)

Yeah, OWN THEIR ASSES!
Old 06-27-2007, 05:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Looks like you're going to be rolling in an A6 shortly.
Old 06-27-2007, 05:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Thieves caught in the act (Mr.60trim)

I would also pay the guys a visit in a couple of years when it's no longer remembered, stealing is as bad as it gets IMO. eye for an eye....
Old 06-27-2007, 06:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If it was their first offence they are not going to jail. community service, probation or a slap on the wrist. our judicial system sucks You have to sue them for whatever they have. And I think you should find out who his girl friend is and seduce her and lay that pipe
Old 06-27-2007, 06:50 AM

Default Re: Thieves caught in the act (eddie_ek)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eddie_ek &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If it was their first offence they are not going to jail. community service, probation or a slap on the wrist. our judicial system sucks You have to sue them for whatever they have. And I think you should find out who his girl friend is and seduce her and lay that pipe </TD></TR></TABLE>

DO HER IDB, then pull slap her with it and take a **** on his couch
Old 06-27-2007, 06:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Take lots of pictures, get a detailed report from the cops and use them as a witness, and sue the SH*T out of those F*CKERS!! Take those bastards to the cleaners.

If the dude has a damn Audi, why the f*ck does he need to mess with someone else's ride?? I hope the morons burns in hell!
Old 06-27-2007, 06:57 AM
NTX

Default Re: Thieves caught in the act (EM-One)

Old 06-27-2007, 07:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Thieves caught in the act (NTX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I know this is the forced induction forum but I have been building my car for awhile and have put a lot of heart and soul based on a lot of info from this forum so in a way I feel a bit obligated to share my recent unfortunate experience thanks.

Well it inevitably happened, last night around 3 AM two very ignorant individuals decided that they deserved my turbo kit and all associated electronics and hardware more than I did. So here I am I get back home after going to hooters and getting drunk me and my girl go watch a flick and what do you know my manager at pep-boys is calling me at 3 telling me I need to get to work someone broke into my car, well needless to say I thought it was my daily, until he mentioned turbo, and then of course I was a bit upset, but the good thing is they caught these fools in the act. Oh man were they a pair of idiots, they first told the officer that they were trying to swap parts to get it ready for a race, then the officer asked why the tags weren't registered in his name, he replies oh they're my boys tags I just bought the car and hadn't had any time to register it yet so I put these on to get it from the house here. Then the kicker the officer asked him what his friends name is, oh what was that, oh yeah you don't know Jack @$$. Needless to say they cut up all the wiring for my gauges becuase they apparently deserved them. Then they used a $hitty cheap set of wrenches and hand tools to dissassemble my turbo, manifold, and wastegate, ripped the nitrous line from under the carpet, unbolted my nitrous bottle and then tried ripping the water injection line and all out of my firewall. I mean these guys did a lot of damage and it apparently looks like they decided to cut whatever wires were attached to under my hood. Thank god these guys got greedy and stayed there long enough to get caught. Funny thing is the officer that caught them he apparently knows a bit about cars becuase he saw my front mount and was a bit curious as to what was in it and he was merely on patrol and checking up on my car that night and on our parking lot. So now I have the sad duty to send these two fools to jail for some time and to make matters worse the car they rolled up in was a 04 Audi A6 with 20's they had my d@mn optima battery sitting in the baby seat. Oh yeah the owner of the car and apparently father already has another in the oven, I hope you enjoy your time in jail knowing your kid is being born with no father around. Oh yeah as for the other guy well he's now enjoying his time away from home, oh yeah where's home NYC, I hope he enjoys his time in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Talk about idiots. Anways looks like I'm going to be putting up some items for sale so keep your eye on the for sale section. And no the major parts of the turbo kit are not up for sale.

Oh yeah since this is a very old car getting full coverage wasn't an option so aside from suing these two individuals what can I do as far as getting repairations.</TD></TR></TABLE>

For some reason i don't believe this story.....

3 major factors why:

1. they would have called the person that it is registered to and not your pep boys manager, and even if they did, they would never mention anything about a turbo
2. thieves don't stick around long enough to even start to attempt to unbolt a turbo kit, no less "rip" a nitrous line from under the carpet, or take a water injection line out of the firewall.
3. if the car has what you claim, nobody would ever leave that alone unattended in a parking lot.

Modified by mitsuman at 8:27 AM 6/27/2007
Old 06-27-2007, 07:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Thieves caught in the act (mitsuman)

I don't mean to appear harsh but I was thinking the same as Mitsuman. If I had a vehicle that was modified, I would never leave it in a unattended parking lot. Unless those thieves were morons, they would've just stolen the car, take to a secure area with air tools and strip the car to the frame. It's a regular occurance around these parts.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Thieves caught in the act (RaceProfessor)

Plus if you google his name he shows up on deviantart.com and another anime forum.

1 says he is 19 another says he is 17. In his deviantart profile he mentions liking anime as well, and what a coincidence that his same username is in a anime forum.

He couldn't be at Hooters getting drunk, hes underage.

Modified by mitsuman at 9:13 AM 6/27/2007
Old 06-27-2007, 08:02 AM

seriously tho... y would someone wanna make this story up? for attention? glad they caught the dumbasses tho, better the cops than u i suppose. as for leaving a modded car in a unattended parking lot, if it was his work, thats completely understandable. **** happens, apparently for those 2 dumbasses to lol.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:04 AM
New User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Reyke &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Oh yeah since this is a very old car getting full coverage wasn't an option so aside from suing these two individuals what can I do as far as getting repairations.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

You're SOL on the damage, sue the guys BUT they will probably just have a judgement pkaced on them and you will never see the money.

People always state they have an old car and don't have full coverage. Full Coverage is First Liability Coverage PLUS Comprehensive and Collision coverage. Comprehensive covers FIRE&lt; THEFT , VANDALISM anything other than a COLLISION. You can add Comprehensive coverage to yoru car without COLLISION but can't add COLLISION without COMPREHENSIVE.

Since you have a lot of expensive parts on he car you should at least add COMPREHENSIVE coverage to the car , it is the most inexpensive portion of insurance really UNLESS you have a lot of previous claims and still that is still rated by the individual insurance company

Edit: Also I love to hear stories of thieves getting caught red handed. My friend(yes Art another friend ********) in Charlotte NC was at a Club, apparently he had tennis shoes on and couldn't get in the club with them so he went back to his car to get his dress shoes when he noticed two guys in his car trying to hot wire it, he opens up the door the guy on passenger side runs away and the driver's side guy tries to climb over the seat but TC just kept punching him in the face BUT he got out of the car and ran. TC calls cops tells them what happened and that he punched the guy in the face a bunch of times. Well later on these two guys got stopped on a regular traffic violation stop and it get's called in WELL since the guy's match the description and their face is beat up they ended up getting arrested for breaking into the car too! The cop knew since the guys face was busted up and the kicker is the thief tried to press assault charges on TC lol
Old 06-27-2007, 08:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mitsuman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Plus if you google his name he shows up on deviantart.com and another anime forum.

1 says he is 19 another says he is 17. In his deviantart profile he mentions liking anime as well, and what a coincidence that his same username is in a anime forum.

He couldn't be at Hooters getting drunk, hes underage.

Modified by mitsuman at 9:13 AM 6/27/2007</TD></TR></TABLE>

Maybe he substituted Hooters for McDonalds, and turbo for turbonator?
Old 06-27-2007, 10:19 AM
anonymous83

Default Re: Thieves caught in the act (MeanGreenMachine)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MeanGreenMachine &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">damn thieves</TD></TR></TABLE>

fukin bullshit. hate that crap.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

HAHA funny on the too young to go to hooters, trust me I'm 27 im definately old enough. As for the cops calling my manager I live in Norfolk Virginia and we air up cops tires and check out thier cars all the time plus the cop that called the shop manager happened to be one of his friends. And as for the comment of leaving a car with that much unattended in a lot. First of all the lot is very clearly seen from Military highway, it's extremely well lit, and you have to be very bold and stupid to go ahead and do this. By the way they are idiots This is a 1989 Honda Prelude, the manifold only goes to 88-91 dohc preludes and from the looks of it they looked like they were trying to unbolt the driver's side engine mount. As for my actions I'm in the process of finding out the info on the guys sponsor, his wife is apparently in the Navy and they don't look kindly on **** like this, my parents are both retired Navy and it's pretty clear that as long as I have my evidence they are going to have thier asses handed to them, especially financially.

as for the anime I only look at hentai when I'm drunk and horny which always go hand in hand, bad pun
Old 06-27-2007, 08:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Reyke &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">HAHA funny on the too young to go to hooters, trust me I'm 27 im definately old enough. As for the cops calling my manager I live in Norfolk Virginia and we air up cops tires and check out thier cars all the time plus the cop that called the shop manager happened to be one of his friends. And as for the comment of leaving a car with that much unattended in a lot. First of all the lot is very clearly seen from Military highway, it's extremely well lit, and you have to be very bold and stupid to go ahead and do this. By the way they are idiots This is a 1989 Honda Prelude, the manifold only goes to 88-91 dohc preludes and from the looks of it they looked like they were trying to unbolt the driver's side engine mount. As for my actions I'm in the process of finding out the info on the guys sponsor, his wife is apparently in the Navy and they don't look kindly on **** like this, my parents are both retired Navy and it's pretty clear that as long as I have my evidence they are going to have thier asses handed to them, especially financially.

as for the anime I only look at hentai when I'm drunk and horny which always go hand in hand, bad pun</TD></TR></TABLE>

ok well, um ya, you just proved me and a couple other guys right.

an old saying comes to mind....

something along the lines of

"its better for people to think your retarded, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt".....something like htat

Modified by mitsuman at 10:16 AM 6/28/2007
Old 06-28-2007, 08:30 AM

well if you really found some theives push them to the fullest extent of the law plz!!! I had my **** jacked and stripped and i hope they rott in hell!!!
Old 06-28-2007, 09:25 AM
i my honda
Global Mod

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

mitsuman why the hell did you even comment in this thread, stop being a douche.

And for the record, I leave my car unattended in parking lots rather often. Kinda serves there purpose.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:27 AM

Default Re: Thieves caught in the act (Sage972)

someone sounds like a hater.. y doubt someone when they are just posting their experience? whats wrong with an adult into anime? im not into it, but alot of people are... who gives a *** really? he got his **** jacked, and luckily caught them in the act. hope those punk *** kids get what they deserve.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Thieves caught in the act (Sage972)

Thieves suk *****!
Old 06-28-2007, 09:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Thieves caught in the act (Red Bull)

I never said there was anything wrong with anime don't put words into my mouth.

Until i see pictures of the damage, i am not convinced. And i do not think that is unreasonable.

And your an idiot if you leave your modified car unattended in a parking lot overnight. PERIOD.

And if you do, dont go posting OMG my car got stolen whyyyy. Your *explative* asking for it so stfu.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Thieves caught in the act (bnut510)

mitsuman wtf? You need some mental help, man.

If I had put so much time/effort/money into a car I would never take it out of my garage until I had some serious security measures on it. Especially since you/I have another car as a DD. In fact, I bought a stock DA several months ago and had it in the garage for about 3 weeks while I went apeshit on security and documented it all on the site in my sig so everyone else could see how it's done.

My roommate's mom has a 89 Prelude. She's the only owner. This thing is in pristine condition for a car that age. Some bastards stole the seats and rims. She ended up with some ill fitting junkyard seats and some bunk *** steelies I'm not sure from what car. I felt so bad for the car, I talked her into getting a high end Viper alarm and I did the stealth install for next to nothing using all my own parts ie backup battery and motion sensor. No Honda is safe!

Quick Reply: Thieves caught in the act