Notices

Test fitted my intercooler and have some questions with plenty pics!

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2003, 07:58 PM
B A N N E D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Test fitted my intercooler and have some questions with plenty pics!

Well i got bored and decided to give it a try, i removed everything and took out the rest of my A/C stuff.. Damn the condenser is huge! Well i have a question about this part... I currently have my piping from the throttle body to the resonator done, i need more piping to run it from the resonator to the IC. Are any of u guys selling 2.5 piping?

There is this thick piece of metal that could save a lot of space and piping, whats the best way to cut this?

Also, heres another one of the other side, is it okay to cut that bar next to the radiator? So i can wrap the piping around to the turbine?

Also note that power steering cooling line, could i just remove it then connect them together? Basically, it wouldnt be cooled any more...

and lastly, what are u Gen2 integra owners doing about that bar running right down the middle of the intercooler? It holds the hood down when its closed, should i just cut it off to make room?

Thanks guys, i would appreciate any kind of help!
Old 12-26-2003, 09:00 PM
B A N N E D

Default Re: Test fitted my intercooler and have some questions with plenty pics! (VNTEC)

Old 12-26-2003, 09:12 PM

Default Re: Test fitted my intercooler and have some questions with plenty pics! (VNTEC)

the bar next to the radiator is just part of the radiator support, everyone will tell you not to cut it but it's not too structural and wouldn't do much for you in an accident. That will be fine to give a little sawzall treatment to. And as far as the center bar that goes down in front of the intercooler that vertical part should have a point where it bolts to the horizontal portion w/ the hood latch. You can remove that but then sometimes you have trouble getting your hood to latch because the horizontal piece then has room to flex down when you close your hood. You can actually do away with the whole vertical and horizontal piece if you run hoodpins. give and take situation, frontmount in turn for some hoodpins? I'll take it. lol
Had to do it due to front end collision which resulted in totalling it out. replaced the whole passenger front frame rail and radiator support myself.
Old 12-26-2003, 09:28 PM
B A N N E D

Default Re: Test fitted my intercooler and have some questions with plenty pics! (RenoRacing)

Damn thanks bro, ur car looks nice.. heheh is it boosted?
Old 12-26-2003, 09:33 PM
B A N N E D

wait no! I see ur filter right on ur TB heh..
Old 12-26-2003, 11:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah the bar needs to be chopped
Old 12-26-2003, 11:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Test fitted my intercooler and have some questions with plenty pics! (RenoRacing)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RenoRacing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> And as far as the center bar that goes down in front of the intercooler that vertical part should have a point where it bolts to the horizontal portion w/ the hood latch. You can remove that but then sometimes you have trouble getting your hood to latch because the horizontal piece then has room to flex down when you close your hood. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Competely right. I did the same thing and it needs to be supported in order to work. Do you have any pics of your car without the bumper cover on? I am about to start hacking up the front end on mine.

-Ryan
Old 12-27-2003, 09:59 AM

Default Re: Test fitted my intercooler and have some questions with plenty pics! (Kwuaymaikrup)

unfortunately I dont have any pictures of it w/ the bumper off. From where you can see it's cut i just cut straight down from there to allow the headlight support to remain. It still has the bumper support on there but other than that there is about 8" between the bumper grill and the radiator, no more stock radiator support either, i made a chromoly crossmember that does the trick.
Old 12-27-2003, 10:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RenoRacing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> no more stock radiator support either, i made a chromoly crossmember that does the trick.</TD></TR></TABLE>

This is exactly what I am wanting to do. The big ole boxy peice that runs along the bottom is in the way. Thanks.

-Ryan
Old 12-27-2003, 08:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bump so i can remember to post pics and show you what i did...learn from my mistakes.
Old 12-27-2003, 10:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RedStarGsr)

ok maybe this will help. thanks to nick Les. for helpin and constructing this beast..

first we cut this hole a little bigger to have a tigher turn...

then made this bend nice and tite... i previously had cut out a huge chunk of chassis for somethin else but it came in handy. i can take way better pics tomorrow but hopefully this gives you the idea...

i believe i just had to move the horn elsewhere

Old 12-28-2003, 07:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Good lUck
Old 12-28-2003, 07:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Test fitted my intercooler and have some questions with plenty pics! (Typesi2nv)

Ill take some pics of my **** tomorrow...I need to post them here and G2IC