Notices

technical comparison of FullRace Topmount vs Lovefab Topmount

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 04:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default technical comparison of FullRace Topmount vs Lovefab Topmount

In the last days I saw some pictures of the FullRace topmount manifolds and also of the Lovefab topmounts (on theire websited).

I donīt want to discuss the welding quality!

But I noticed a big difference in theire designs. The Lovefab looks "nicer" and easier to fabricate while the FullRace looks much more comlicate to fabricate and the runners seems to cross each other in some areas.
An other thing that I noticed is that the cylinders of the Lovefab lead into other positions of the collector than the FullRace oneīs.

Can somebody explain (maybe the companies) why they choose these designs where Iīm sure that every company regards its own as best?
Old 12-06-2005, 05:13 AM
Better than steak

Default Re: technical comparison of FullRace Topmount vs Lovefab Topmount (hondaapi)

Love-fab is flow balanced and has more laminers.

Full-race is neither.

I kid I kid!!
Old 12-06-2005, 06:03 AM
at the jetties fishin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: technical comparison of FullRace Topmount vs Lovefab Topmount (Arturbo)

*braces for the upcoming marketing war*

j/k but imo both are from great camps and you'll be pleased with either. If I had to bet it more than likely comes down to how each was developed with a little "personal taste" added on for flavor to the end product.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:08 AM
The Boot

Default Re: technical comparison of FullRace Topmount vs Lovefab Topmount (stackz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stackz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">*braces for the upcoming marketing war*</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 12-06-2005, 07:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: technical comparison of FullRace Topmount vs Lovefab Topmount (Smokinsax)

I hope it wonīt become a marketing war.
Iīm really interested in the technical background.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: technical comparison of FullRace Topmount vs Lovefab Topmount (hondaapi)

Geoff flow tests his stuff. I dont think Cody does or has the equip to. But works off theory.
I always liked Cody's work and have no gripes about it, but there is more time that goes into Geoff's designs
Old 12-06-2005, 08:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

IMHO, if someone did a perfect comparison (IE no changes in setup other than the manifold) and dyno'd the car, the results would be so close you couldn't even tell.

But thats just me.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re:

You guys don't know what you're talking about....the more radical bends in the manifold, the better it is!!
Old 12-06-2005, 01:04 PM

Default Re: Re: (green_GSR)

One-Fab uses Anti-Magnetic Stainless material for their manifolds. Since they came up with that description first theirs is better. lol

I havent seen a large gain from one tubular manifold to the next.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Re: (st00pid)

i like the wastegate placement on the love-fab, but they are both excellent quality
Old 12-06-2005, 04:26 PM

I know no weld quality talk but DAMN robtic tig gets
Old 12-06-2005, 04:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Re: (st00pid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by st00pid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">One-Fab uses Anti-Magnetic Stainless material for their manifolds. Since they came up with that description first theirs is better. lol

I havent seen a large gain from one tubular manifold to the next.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Exactly. When it all comes down to it, it's just a bunch of marketing gimmicks.

I'm sure the Robotic tig gives Full-Race the extreem quality advantage here though.
Old 12-06-2005, 05:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Re: (Bryson)

W/G placement could definitely be a issue.
Old 12-06-2005, 05:18 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bryson &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Exactly. When it all comes down to it, it's just a bunch of marketing gimmicks.

I'm sure the Robotic tig gives Full-Race the extreem quality advantage here though. </TD></TR></TABLE>

from what i understand fr doesnt do the welding in house (didnt hear it from me, lol) they are both equally decent manifolds. lovefab costs less and has better wg placement imo
Old 12-06-2005, 06:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Re: (wantboost)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wantboost &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">from what i understand fr doesnt do the welding in house </TD></TR></TABLE>

You're joking, right?
Old 12-06-2005, 06:04 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: Re: (Andrea)

no, i've been told by umerous people that they dont do alot of the manifolds in house. btw nice feature in dsport
Old 12-06-2005, 06:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Re: (wantboost)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wantboost &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">no, i've been told by umerous people that they dont do alot of the manifolds in house.</TD></TR></TABLE>

There's a saying that goes...don't believe everything you hear. Trust me, they do all their welding in house.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wantboost &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">btw nice feature in dsport </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks! You can check out the car with the turbo K-series motor in it in the February issue of Honda Tuning (at least that's the tentative date ).
Old 12-06-2005, 06:15 PM
i HAS questions ?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Andrea &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks! You can check out the car with the turbo K-series motor in it in the February issue of Honda Tuning (at least that's the tentative date ). </TD></TR></TABLE>

Its going K-series again? Or was the article written before you switched back?
Old 12-06-2005, 06:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i've seen the robotic tig machine in person.

in terms of products, quality, and value... i would say FR wins hands down.

FR does not put products out that don't work or work poorly. their quality has always been top notch from day 1.

lovefab on the other hand...

learned to weld on his customer's dime. remember when his welds were all black, overheated, and contaminated? yet he thought that was fine?

bad products... sidewinder v1, v2, v4, v eleventy billion seventy five... cast sidewinder...

case closed... i dont know how a company can put out such ill concieved and poorly executed products and still get praise.

just facts. not hating.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Re: (daveG)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by daveG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Its going K-series again? Or was the article written before you switched back?</TD></TR></TABLE>

It was shot before we switched to the b-series.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SEFIxCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i've seen the robotic tig machine in person.

FR does not put products out that don't work or work poorly. their quality has always been top notch from day 1.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Couldn't have said it better
Old 12-06-2005, 06:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

good info
Old 12-06-2005, 08:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Re: (SEFIxCivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SEFIxCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i've seen the robotic tig machine in person.

FR does not put products out that don't work or work poorly. their quality has always been top notch from day 1.

lovefab on the other hand...

learned to weld on his customer's dime. remember when his welds were all black, overheated, and contaminated? yet he thought that was fine?

bad products... sidewinder v1, v2, v4, v eleventy billion seventy five... cast sidewinder...

case closed... i dont know how a company can put out such ill concieved and poorly executed products and still get praise.

just facts. not hating.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't look at in that way at all. Think about where Full-Race was after the first couple years they started selling manifolds... I'm sure they had some screw ups; after all, were all human. Cody is only 21, and has GREAT success selling his products. Full-Race is just a more mature Love-Fab company with more knowledge, technology and capital at it's leisure. That isn't to say however, that Cody's product isn't worth every penny.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:45 PM
i HAS questions ?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Geoff have someone else welding the manifolds when Full-Race first started out so that there wouldn't be issues with welds?
Old 12-06-2005, 08:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

FR was just as small before...

the difference is Geon knew how to weld from the start.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Re: (SEFIxCivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SEFIxCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">FR was just as small before...

the difference is Geon knew how to weld from the start.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ok...but what does that have to do with them now? That isn't to say that he must be a better welder just because he has been welding for a longer period of time.

I have had two of cody's manifolds, and they were both top notch.

Quick Reply: technical comparison of FullRace Topmount vs Lovefab Topmount