Notices

techedge datalogging and datalogging software ???'s

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2003, 05:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default techedge datalogging and datalogging software ???'s

OK, for the past few weeks all i've done is confuse myself more and more.
the plan:
get a techedge wideband and use this to tune my uberdata/chome/whatever .bin

there are so many datalogging programs out there, cuddle(chorme), hondalogger, ecucontroll, it seems like these three all require you to chip the ecu with TTL to RS-232 converter thing and then just plug that into your laptop. is that correct? or do they also requre a special .bin to be loaded on your chip?

can these programs be used to log with the techedge? or do i need to use the techedge software and actually splice into any of the sensor wires that i want to log with it?

can someone please help me out?
Old 11-06-2003, 06:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: techedge datalogging and datalogging software ???'s (ndogg)

you'll end up logging with the TE software and then using your rom editor software to adjust the tables accordingly. its not automatic (yet) although i'm sure the uberdata ppl / turboedit people have thought of this feature and are possibly looking into implementing it. the only way you could combine it into one is to use the standalones that support this like (correct me if i'm wrong) AEM, etc....that allow a wideband 0-5v input.
Old 11-06-2003, 08:27 PM

Default Re: techedge datalogging and datalogging software ???'s (keebler65)

so basically i can't use the uberdata/chrome/turboedit type of logger with a wideband. so if i want to log with the wideband, i have to do all my logging with the TE software?
Old 11-06-2003, 09:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ndogg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so basically i can't use the uberdata/chrome/turboedit type of logger with a wideband. so if i want to log with the wideband, i have to do all my logging with the TE software?</TD></TR></TABLE>

those programs ARE NOT DATALOGGERS there are rom editors.....
you can use tehcedge software to log and uberdata to edit the ROM

Rob
Old 11-06-2003, 11:16 PM

Default Re: techedge datalogging and datalogging software ???'s (rjardy)

uberdata is working on datalogging, chrome has it implimented and so does turbo edit. so yes, they are dataloggers also. the datalogging part of these systems is similar to ecucontroll.com because you actually stick a chip in your ecu and plug that into your laptop. with a tech edge, you have to manually splice into the wires you want to log and run them into the controller then they go into a laptop. i am just trying to figure out it i can use the wbo2 with that type of system so i don't have to splice into my harness. at this point though i don't think any of those systems support wb02's.
Old 11-06-2003, 11:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ndogg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">uberdata is working on datalogging, chrome has it implimented and so does turbo edit. so yes, they are dataloggers also. the datalogging part of these systems is similar to ecucontroll.com because you actually stick a chip in your ecu and plug that into your laptop. with a tech edge, you have to manually splice into the wires you want to log and run them into the controller then they go into a laptop. i am just trying to figure out it i can use the wbo2 with that type of system so i don't have to splice into my harness. at this point though i don't think any of those systems support wb02's.</TD></TR></TABLE>

it does not currently work in uberdata, chrom's datalogging is called CUDDLE an entirely diferent program.

so no....you are wrong... I understand that with the techedge software, you have to get your rpm signal from a wire, but with CUDDLE and the other ECU loggers you get your signal from CN2 inside the actual ECU. wich in turn is the same reading that you are getting from the spliced wire, you are just getting it further down the line. CN2 allso gives you other readings as well.
but at this moment, none of those ROM editors are dataloggers....

Rob