Notices

Supercharging Honda Ridgeline.......

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 04:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supercharging Honda Ridgeline.......

I'm looking into getting a 06 honda ridgeline in the near future, and though it has okay horsepower/torque, I would'nt mind adding a few extra ponies for towing my crx to the track. I looked around and it seems that comptech is the only company make a kit for this truck. Just looking for more info from the honda community. Later
Old 03-15-2007, 04:58 PM
been there done that

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Supercharging Honda Ridgeline....... (Mugencrxsir1)

better jump on it now. comptech's going out of business.
Old 03-15-2007, 05:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Supercharging Honda Ridgeline....... (doood)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by doood &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">better jump on it now. comptech's going out of business.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Really who told you that? Their research and development page has been updated recently. Maybe they will changing names/ownership.......Would like to know more...

Bump for anyone that might know if any company is making a supercharger/turbo kit for the ridgeline. Thanks
Old 03-15-2007, 06:09 PM

You'll love the Ridgeline. I think a remote mounted turbo would be the easiest way to boost it. The Comptech blower is not available for it.
Old 03-15-2007, 06:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Supercharging Honda Ridgeline....... (sc4dr)

The truck has plenty of power as it sits. It tows very good.
Old 03-15-2007, 06:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Supercharging Honda Ridgeline....... (nonvtecallmotor)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nonvtecallmotor &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The truck has plenty of power as it sits. It tows very good.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeap I tow my heavy pig of a prelude with it with some heavy *** 22's also and I cruise 80-85 on the HWY Here is a ricer cell phone pic with 18 ft trailer picking the car up from Jason in VA getting tuned last year

Old 03-15-2007, 06:47 PM

Default Re: Supercharging Honda Ridgeline....... (md23vtec)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by md23vtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yeap I tow my heavy pig of a prelude with it with some heavy *** 22's also and I cruise 80-85 on the HWY Here is a ricer cell phone pic with 18 ft trailer picking the car up from Jason in VA getting tuned last year

</TD></TR></TABLE>

How is a prelude a heavy pig of a car?

If you want to tow **** and not have the truck die in the hills, go get a diesel. I have an 05 Duramax, **** doesn't falter pulling a 22 foot enclosed haulmark with my 3300 pound Corvette, 3400 pound Mustang, and a bunch of spare parts. Diesels are the only way to go.

Modified by boosted92 at 10:48 PM 3/15/2007
Old 03-15-2007, 07:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Supercharging Honda Ridgeline....... (boosted92)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boosted92 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

How is a prelude a heavy pig of a car?

If you want to tow **** and not have the truck die in the hills, go get a diesel. I have an 06 Duramax, **** doesn't falter pulling a 22 foot enclosed haulmark with my 3300 pound Corvette, 3400 pound Mustang, and a bunch of spare parts. Diesels are the only way to go.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Compared to most other honda cars trying to be raced a prelude is heavy. In this guys case a crx which he has is defiantly lighter then a prelude(4th-5th gen preludes depending on what model can weigh between 2950-3100).

The ridgeline tows way better then I expected it to tow. A diesel is a great way to go for towing no doubt I'd be a fool to say it isn't but... I will not get rid of my ridgeline to get a diesel it does the job just fine for what I need it for. I am sure there are a few other who have actually used a ridgeline for towing will same the same thing.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Supercharging Honda Ridgeline....... (boosted92)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boosted92 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Diesels are the only way to go.</TD></TR></TABLE>

And thats assuming you have the cash for crappy fuel economy or another daily driver. For those using their truck for more than just towing, smaller trucks with smaller gasoline motors will end up sucking less cash through the intake per average mile.

Besides, the duramax has a turbo on it, I wonder why it has torque Pull a charge pipe off and see how the desiel does on its own for towing.

Slap a t4 on the Ridgeline, and you've got a nice setup for pulling one car.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Supercharging Honda Ridgeline....... (HiProfile)

Yeah, I don't think comptech is even making the supercharger anymore...

PM Streetwerkz. He knows.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HiProfile &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

And thats assuming you have the cash for crappy fuel economy .</TD></TR></TABLE>

you must not know a whole lot about diesels. they get awesome gas mileage for what they are. id be willing to bet that guys duramax gets as good if not better gas mileage as a ridgeline.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:04 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HiProfile &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

And thats assuming you have the cash for crappy fuel economy or another daily driver. For those using their truck for more than just towing, smaller trucks with smaller gasoline motors will end up sucking less cash through the intake per average mile.

Besides, the duramax has a turbo on it, I wonder why it has torque Pull a charge pipe off and see how the desiel does on its own for towing.

Slap a t4 on the Ridgeline, and you've got a nice setup for pulling one car.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Crappy mileage? I average about 20mpg on the highway empty with my Silverado 3500. That's as good as the RATED highway mileage of the ridgeline, and I'm betting it doesn't exactly it's rated mileage. And if I need to pass somebody, I have ~550 HP and 1000+ ft-lbs on tap, instead of a weaksauce 245/245. I've pulled trailers with "trucks" that have a similar power level and it's not fun not being able to pass anybody because you have no torque, or having to slow down because you're trying to go up a hill.

IMHO if you're going to tow anything, get something bigger than a ridgeline. If you never do any real work and the biggest crap you haul around is some shrubs and grass clippings to the recycling place, go get a ridgeline.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

And thats assuming you have the cash for crappy fuel economy or another daily driver. For those using their truck for more than just towing, smaller trucks with smaller gasoline motors will end up sucking less cash through the intake per average mile. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Deisels are able to use a much higher compression ratio than gasoline engines and as such they do actually get very good gas milage. Better than some comparable gasoline engines...
Old 03-15-2007, 10:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Supercharging Honda Ridgeline....... (Hawkze_2.3)

man i would love to get a ford diesel truck, those are also really reliable too..
Old 03-16-2007, 04:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

HAHA CRAPPY MILEAGE????

our 05 duramax tows our 32ft trailer with my civic and a another co workers civic about 100 going up a huge *** bridges and hills here in alabama.......... and got better mileage than the GAS truck NOT towing just driving, sad!
Old 03-16-2007, 05:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (mrbsponge)

Old 03-16-2007, 06:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Supercharging Honda Ridgeline....... (Tippyman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tippyman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah, I don't think comptech is even making the supercharger anymore...

PM Streetwerkz. He knows.</TD></TR></TABLE>

comptech is closing its doors for good.

yes, the website is up and running, only because they want to sell their remaining inventory.

the supercharger wasnt released yet, and chances are it wont be. my friends at honda are still working with the people at comptech to try and get their hands on one so i can purchase it.

i do believe REDSHIFT is making a twin screw supercharger for the ridgeline at this point.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Supercharging Honda Ridgeline....... (STREETWERKZ)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by STREETWERKZ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

the supercharger wasnt released yet, and chances are it wont be. my friends at honda are still working with the people at comptech to try and get their hands on one so i can purchase it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Do you know how ballin you would be with that?
Old 03-16-2007, 05:52 PM

My Cummins Dodge also averages 20 MPG. Plus, she has no trouble hauling a 5000 lb Exiss three horse goose, loaded, through the mountains. Try that in a Ridgeline.

Old 03-16-2007, 05:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Supercharging Honda Ridgeline....... (Conclusive)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Conclusive &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My Cummins Dodge
</TD></TR></TABLE>

this isnt about a cummins engine.

if we were buying trucks for hauling, of course, we would buy something like that.

we are buying comfortable, reliable, versatile, pickups that we use for daily driving and light duty.

*cough honda ridgeline- 2006 motortrend truck of the year cough*

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by integra3586 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">id be willing to bet that guys duramax gets as good if not better gas mileage as a ridgeline. </TD></TR></TABLE>

price per gallon?

dont get me wrong, i am a huge fan of diesel engines (rumor has it, honda is going to be making a diesel ridgeline too)

but for what i use the ridgeline for, it suits me perfectly.
Old 03-16-2007, 06:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah I've grown up with cummins turbo deseils in the family, but I was playing with the idea because it's a honda. From a reliablity stand point, and what not, plus the interior is far sexier than any american truck(well excluding the King Ranch leather interior package). Thanks for the input, I guess I will have to just look around some more and just wait to see what other aftermarket companies come up with. I'd rather have a bolt on kit for any truck that might be my DD, no real down time like my crx always has.....
Old 03-16-2007, 06:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

STSturbo makes a universal kit.
Old 03-16-2007, 06:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Supercharging Honda Ridgeline....... (rota92)

can we get back on topic? too many times a thread asking about one particular thing turns into someone saying that their way is better than yours, blah blah blah.

the question was about a supercharged ridgeline, or ridgeline performance parts.

the question was not at all about turbo diesel american work horses.

oh, and im tired of supercharger vs. turbo threads too.

on topic please.

BTW, average 26mpg in my ridgeline
Old 03-16-2007, 06:23 PM

I dont know where you diesel guys get your 20mpg from because i drive a 2000 F350 cross country a couple times a year and i average about 12mpg. Also my friend with a 04 dodge cummins diesel averages about 14mpg. The cool thing though is that even loaded and towing my civic i still manage about 11.8mpg. The only time you save money with a diesel is when its loaded. Thats where a regular v8 or v6 truck wastes twice as much gas.
Old 03-16-2007, 06:29 PM

Word

Quick Reply: Supercharging Honda Ridgeline.......