Notices

Super T Turbo kitS

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2003, 11:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Super T Turbo kitS (greekspeed)

The drag kits (the two that I have helped with) went in rather good. The only problem was the charge piping. It fit but a couple pipes needed to be "convinced" to fit perfect. All in all fairely painless.
Old 06-02-2003, 11:42 AM

Default Re: Super T Turbo kitS (Xscream)

The guy is looking for a d series kit. I didn't see one listed on the fullrace website.
Old 06-02-2003, 11:47 AM
I am a bad person

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not saying his kit is a headache but the amount of time and effort that goes into a full-race kit ensure everything will fit as intended.
Old 06-02-2003, 01:36 PM

Default Re: Super T Turbo kitS (MotorMatrix.com)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MotorMatrix.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">not saying his kit is a headache but the amount of time and effort that goes into a full-race kit ensure everything will fit as intended.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I haven't used your kit but feel that would be fair to say. I still want to know whats up with all the SoCal people hating though - any insight?
Old 06-02-2003, 02:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MotorMatrix.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I wasnt hating just letting people what turbo kit is #1. You get what you pay for thats the bottom line. If you want high quilyt parts w/o the headache i would go full race. if you cant afford it and dont mind a headache go with someone else. thats all.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Exactly how I feel and why I mentioned Full race. Im not swinging from anyone's *****......not like SuperT has everyone swingin from his.

To add. The Hy-tech turbo kits are bad *** as well. I dont have any first hand experience with them, but they are high quality and the couple of guys on the board that have them really like them.
Old 06-02-2003, 02:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well i personally can vouch for superT. I have seen him at the track and spoken with him on the phone. Yes i am also for MN but that honestly shouldn't matter. I mean just because you come from the same state or what not it should not affect your professional peronal opinion. If it helps any.. he a tall older white due who lives in the boonies and I'm a short asian dude who lives in the getto eastside..... does that balance it out?

Hhahah Coon Rapids... LOL not trying to be mean here but even Minnesotian be hating on Coon Rapids folks. But fConnon is cool though.

BTW how honestly is going to get a Full-Race turbo kit ? let alone a freaken manifold? YES if i had the freaken money and if i was trying to make my setup +400whp & a 10sec drag strip car then hands down Full-Race wins.. or in other people language " Full-Race oWEns Yo!

Full-Race is not the best kit? Under what conditions and restricions? Just provide people on what you think would work best for them. I mean i seriously dought that this due is looking for a "full-race" type of setup.

SuperT turbo and Full-Race turbo kits are completly different! I mean that's like trying to compare a advrage Drag kit to a "home-made t25 turbo /junkyard setup"

Compareing SuperT to a Drag or RevHarD is more compareable in hp out-up aspects. SuperT manifolds are top noch! I have seen them up close in person. In theroy they should flow better than both DRAG or RevHard ... but i cannot state that because there has been no airflow test on these manifold in comparrison.
Now if your asking if which is better out of these 3 i would say hands down to SuperT and his nice manifold. Also the price is better than DRAG and RevHard.

Ask TheShocker about how he is liking his manifold for his stop D16a6. At 9.5psi he made 189whp with 170tq in think with a t3t4..(e or b)?

Yes supreT does have a kit for the Dseries setup and can make it to work with any turbo flang.

Honestly, these guys are not hating on super! only MASE is..so if you wanna know why just IM him. They are just saying that if you want the best go with Full-Race. And you do get what you pay for when you order a manifold from them But look at what your goal, funds are.
Old 06-02-2003, 02:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Super T Turbo kitS (93LSivic)

all you people need to stop all this bickering....You guys are acting so childish.

Full-Race
stuper-T

I've owned a full-race manifold and teh quality was top notch....on the other hand, I've had my hands a super-t kit and the quality was also top notch. It's all in preference.

This is like saying Rotas are better than racingharts and vice versa.

I'm pretty sure Geoff and Dave are probably tired of this BS that you guys put there company through. They've always got along from my understanding

Old 06-02-2003, 02:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Super T Turbo kitS (Mase)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mase &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Well, i havent tried it, thats the truth, however, the dyno results ive seen are nothing exceptional, average at best....

I guess it isnt fair to call his stuff, ****. Just average.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

well that in general should be defined more into depth.
Yes the Full-Race manifold will make more power with a larger turbo than a SuperT manifold. But test this..... which manifold would yeaild more power on the same motor setup and a smaller turbo... say a T25 range? hahah funny.

I don't know about you MASE but most people here don't have $3,900 to spend on a turbo kit & don't have more than 300whp as their goals.... so spending $2,000 for a turbo kit that can achive the same desired HP goals; would be the wise and rational thing to do..... RIGHT?

I don't know you bro, maybe you in a leauge of your own. Are you like in the pro's and stuff? BTW love the advatar and nice race designe. I'm not trying to give you a hard time i just get fusterated when other people put down other peoples product when they have never delt with it themselves before. IM you
Old 06-02-2003, 05:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Super T Turbo kitS (Charlie Moua)

man, you're desperate dude... it takes more than just manifold to claim more than average.

just give it a rest

Old 06-02-2003, 06:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Super T Turbo kitS (greekspeed)

A while back Geoff and Dave really got into some great arguments about manifold design, but then Dave was banned for reasons unknown.

Someone was trying to organize a dyno challenge to test the benefits of equal length manifolds vs. the others, including Super T, but nothing has been said since. Has anyone heard anything more about this?

It really is a shame that debates can't continue to take place between these two. It's not like they were using profanity and threatening each other! Although I can't use either of these manifolds because I have a lowly Greddy kit, it made for some interesting reading and I see nothing wrong with them having a disagreement in a forum.
Old 06-02-2003, 06:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Super T Turbo kitS (Flamenco-T)

yeah, he is desperate, you're gonna have to do better than that, i mean you really dont know what you're talking about here buddy.

The fact is, SuperT came on here and said his manifold was as good if not better than Full-Race and much cheaper. He was totally wrong on here, and swore by everything on **** that wasnt true, that is why I think he is a piece of ****, not his manifold.

I've never said his manifolds are ****, I actually am glad for him that he makes them, they arent bad manifolds, but from the proof he's given us, they are just AVERAGE. Can they make power? im sure they can, but so can an inline pro manifold.

You should not even include price into this arguement, cuz you'll lose plain and simple. Read the company title. Full-Race. its not "Full-Cheap". Its not "Full-Daily Driven"

Ok, but yet, you will still bitch about costs, so i will still own you on that too. If im not mistaken, supert's kit costs $1975, and that doesnt even include the damn fuel management, nor Intercooler....

Lets see here. You even said it yourself

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Full-Race oWEns Yo! </TD></TR></TABLE>

So lets see here....

Full Race Manifold - $1100
Garrett Turbo - $525
Tial Wastegate - $200
Oil Lines and fittings - $150

Holy ****** ****, what do you know $1975, the same damn price.

Now what. what are you going to come up with next? Supert's manifold is better for daily drivers?

Give me a break, and stop wasting my time by replying stupid ****.

Mase.

Old 06-02-2003, 06:50 PM

Default Re: Super T Turbo kitS (The Dude)

Well, looking at the full race kits and manifolds, they sure are top notch for fitment and attention to detail...Very Nice kit and people are very pleased with them on this board.

Super T's Kits also look very nice and original(im biased though as I work for Super T) Dave races what he sells so to speak and they do perform. Funny thing is though, despite the number of Hondas out there, we sell more toyota manifolds then honda...Go figure! lol. Now if I can just kick him in the ***** to get the 2jzgte truck back together!

And yes Dave(supert) was banned. I think it really stems from his overly agressive debates about Full Race...I warned him!

Alyssa Kay
Old 06-02-2003, 06:58 PM

Default Re: Super T Turbo kitS (Mase)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mase &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
So lets see here....

Garrett Turbo - $525
Tial Wastegate - $200

Holy ****** ****, what do you know $1975, the same damn price.

Give me a break, and stop wasting my time by replying stupid ****.

Mase.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

The Super T kit also comes with a 3" stainless steel downpipe and wastegate dump tube. Plus you are forgetting that SuperT's manifolds are made with 321 stainless steel which is more expensive grade of a stainless steel, thus production costs are higher. So if you dont want the Downpipe and dumptube, you'd only be looking at 1650.00.

So Full Race sells the t3/to4 turbo for 525.00, its listed on their site for 700.00. Also the tial 38mm is not 200.00 anywhere that I have found. The clearanced out 35mm's are no longer, the kit now contains the new 38mm.

So Full race mani- 1100.
Wastegate 250.00
Downpipe 275.00
Turbo 700.00
Oil Feed and drain lines-150.00
Dumptube? 25.00 for sake of argument.

Thats 2500.00 if you purchase everything From Full Race.

And if you buy the equivalent parts from super t the price is 1975.00

Alyssa Kay

Modified by Racergurlie at 4:26 AM 6/3/2003
Old 06-02-2003, 07:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Super T Turbo kitS (Racergurlie)

"So lets see here....

Garrett Turbo - $525
Tial Wastegate - $200

Holy ****** ****, what do you know $1975, the same damn price. "

holy **** ...and i sat here saying to myself that super t's seemed like a good deal till you just added that up like that same price+better quality+more potential performance wise='s Pownt???

Old 06-02-2003, 07:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Super T Turbo kitS (Charlie Moua)

well now I have to say people are a bit too excited... time for the 10 count and a .

too much stress on this thread.
Old 06-02-2003, 07:51 PM
I am a bad person

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Racergurlie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Plus you are forgetting that SuperT's manifolds are made with 321 stainless steel which is more expensive grade of a stainless steel, thus production costs are higher.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

please dont feed people this BS. production costs are higher?have you ever taken a look at the collector in the full race manifold?? i'd be willing to bet it takes geoff longer to get the collector as defined as it is then it takes super t to make the entire manifold. so trust me, dollar for dollar more time and money comes out of geoffs pocket to make the manifold. thus making production costs higher!!
Old 06-02-2003, 07:55 PM

now now now, this is honda tech, not hater tech, keep it easy fellas.
Old 06-02-2003, 08:19 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MotorMatrix.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

please dont feed people this BS. production costs are higher?have you ever taken a look at the collector in the full race manifold?? i'd be willing to bet it takes geoff longer to get the collector as defined as it is then it takes super t to make the entire manifold. so trust me, dollar for dollar more time and money comes out of geoffs pocket to make the manifold. thus making production costs higher!!</TD></TR></TABLE>
your right on point.
Old 06-02-2003, 08:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Racergurlie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

The Super T kit also comes with a 3" stainless steel downpipe and wastegate dump tube. Plus you are forgetting that SuperT's manifolds are made with 321 stainless steel which is more expensive grade of a stainless steel, thus production costs are higher. So if you dont want the Downpipe and dumptube, you'd only be looking at 1650.00.

So Full Race sells the t3/to4 turbo for 525.00, its listed on their site for 700.00. Also the tial 38mm is not 200.00 anywhere that I have found. The clearanced out 35mm's are no longer, the kit now contains the new 38mm.

So Full race mani- 1100.
Wastegate 250.00
Downpipe 275.00
Turbo 700.00
Oil Feed and drain lines-150.00
Dumptube? 25.00 for sake of argument.

Thats 2500.00 if you purchase everything From Full Race.

And if you buy the equivalent parts from super t the price is 1975.00

Alyssa Kay

Modified by Racergurlie at 4:26 AM 6/3/2003</TD></TR></TABLE>OWNED
Old 06-02-2003, 08:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Super T Turbo kitS (turbozxi)

Pardon me if Im wrong, but ive never seen any SuperTrash manifolds on any 700+ hp hondas.

If they were the ****, then more people would be running them, period.

Lets see some comparison pics shall we. I'll start off

Old 06-02-2003, 09:28 PM

ok???
Old 06-02-2003, 09:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i copied this design and it took me nearly 8 hours to make one collector. this of course is with waiting for the cutting. :D wheres tinker at? how much did it take you?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MotorMatrix.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Quote, originally posted by Racergurlie »
Plus you are forgetting that SuperT's manifolds are made with 321 stainless steel which is more expensive grade of a stainless steel, thus production costs are higher.

please dont feed people this BS. production costs are higher?have you ever taken a look at the collector in the full race manifold?? i'd be willing to bet it takes geoff longer to get the collector as defined as it is then it takes super t to make the entire manifold. so trust me, dollar for dollar more time and money comes out of geoffs pocket to make the manifold. thus making production costs higher!!
</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 06-02-2003, 09:39 PM

Boy, you guys sure are mean. And I apologzie motormatrix, I meant material costs are higher...Besides, youre the one who blew up your motor

Actually, Dave has and is working on a couple of 600+hp hondas...One for a guy running a Precision T61 and another one running a T72. Both are expected to be in the 600-700whp.

And not to mention Dave has built other brands of headers...He's made one for a 2jzgte for guy who's laying down 825whp!

And Daves own 2jzgte runs Faster then your Car motormatrix! 10.5 @ 132mph v your 11.1 @ 127mph and he'll be in the nines this year with ease...Not to mention he put an old SOHC motor in the low 11's a couple years ago...He's new to hondas, but not new to racing.

Dave hasn't been around as long as the other companies and it takes time to gain a customer base...

Why dont all of you try being a little nicer, you might actually get a girlfriend who likes you

Alyssa Kay
Old 06-02-2003, 09:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

uh oh, talking up on the things he "will" do

but i'm small time what do i know.
Old 06-02-2003, 09:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Super T Turbo kitS (Greaser)

I think super T's products are DOPE looking wish i started out grabing their junk instead of Ebay crap.. Don't get me wrong it works and all i just would like to open my hood and see a super T manifold just me 2 pesos

Quick Reply: Super T Turbo kitS