Notices

Summit's prices on the AEM EMS

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2002, 09:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Summit's prices on the AEM EMS

These prices are not legitimate. If Summit is whoring out the units, AEM will pull them. 1400 is a good price. How do I know? We are sponsoring an AEM car this season.
Old 01-29-2002, 10:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Summit's prices on the AEM EMS (98Psi ITR)

I have to say 98psi ITR is correct. Summit will not be able to sell the AEM EMS for $1,100. They are not allowed to ***** them out. If anyone is caught Whoring out the AEM EMS they will be stopped by AEM from future purchasing. AEM told me specifically that anyone whoreing it out will be CUT OFF.

Old 01-29-2002, 10:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Summit's prices on the AEM EMS (ekb18c)

I used to be antisummit until I shopped there. Stuff is in stock, customer service blows most import shops out of the water, the showroom is nice, they don't seem like they're trying to gauge you as much. I like summit and their prices although I realize they're bad for small shops. That's more the manufacturers fault for offering bulk discounts.

The sad thing is that it just shows how much profit can be made. Obviously if Summit can afford to sell them at 1,100 and cover shipping (it's free right), and their cost as well as employee cost, and still make enough to run their business... it just shows how much profit they can make by selling them at 1,400.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that smaller businesses aren't getting them as cheap as summit probably does, but there again, it shows what type of profit is being made on this stuff. I'll bet including R&D, marketing, employee costs, shipping, testin, etc, they cost AEM about $200 per unit to build, if that.

It makes me feel a little ill sometimes. Maybe I should shut up and start my own business.

[Modified by therealciviczc, 7:38 PM 1/29/2002]
Old 01-29-2002, 10:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Summit's prices on the AEM EMS (therealciviczc)

It makes me feel a little ill sometimes. Maybe I should shut up and start my own business.

Let me know, we'll go in together