Notices

Suggestions needed: Adjustable fuel pressure regulator for boost application

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2018, 09:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 576 Likes on 382 Posts
Default Re: Suggestions needed: Adjustable fuel pressure regulator for boost application

Originally Posted by Txdragon
Only reason I'm looking away from stock is my end goal is 500-600whp. I'm on par with everything so far except Injectors and the CSS block. I wanted to grab my turbo kit as well, but still only received about 1/3 of what was due to me from Uncle Sam.. I'm piecing together what I can until that happens or tax return, whichever occurs first.

Good insight! I was thinking Aeromotive or Blox (looks like Blox has followed Aero's footsteps there).

The stock is always an option as I go to the junkyard fairly often, usually once a month anyways, but as I mentioned earlier; ultimately I'm building to surpass stock capabilities this round so I'm looking to bigger n better!

I look toward the AEM for simplicity installing. That's about it. On paper, It should do ok for my goal, just drumming up some new insight. You're a builder as well and I'll definitely take your insight into consideration on this!
Originally Posted by JRCivic1
I have a direct fit Honda Holley FPR on my supercharged car. I have used it for over ten years... I had an AEM FPR for the first 60 miles of my engine build... the diaphragm split and dumped raw fuel into the intake manifold damaging the engine. I would never use an AEM FPR for a boosted application.

The EK factory FPR will work with the fuel rail that you have... if you choose to use a stock one.

my car was used for 95% of the development of Holley Import products. I used the bolt on FMU until Holley built the high flow fuel rail which I still use. My buddy that passed away recently was head of product development for Holley and he always used my car for design and fittment, him passing away this year is one of the main reasons for my return to racing
Old 12-19-2018, 09:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Re: Suggestions needed: Adjustable fuel pressure regulator for boost application

I think I saw a package of the hardware you get with a new rail on the AEM site. It **should** contain the grub screw that is used to plug the gauge/accessory port that's not in use. Aeromotive will require a separate purchase for the gauge since it doesn't come with one.. I can install the gauge in that particular port on the rail and just use that screw that came with the rail to close the regulator port..
methinks I've solved my dilemma. Lol

Found the info. It's 1/8 NPT, by the way.
For some weird reason, that port on the AEM rail was not 1/8th for me. I ended up re drilling and tapping it because I could not for the life of me figure out what they threaded it with. Just something you might run into.Mine could have been a fluke.

Also Id recommend remote mounting the gauge too. Engine vibration can make the gauges less accurate. Im just tool lazy to move mine to the regulator
Old 12-19-2018, 10:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

The plug is 1/8npt. If mounting the gauge on the Aeromotive reg, then you can just move the 1/8npt plug that comes with the reg over to the rail and plug the rail.
Old 12-19-2018, 11:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 286 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
For some weird reason, that port on the AEM rail was not 1/8th for me. I ended up re drilling and tapping it because I could not for the life of me figure out what they threaded it with. Just something you might run into.Mine could have been a fluke.

Also Id recommend remote mounting the gauge too. Engine vibration can make the gauges less accurate. Im just tool lazy to move mine to the regulator
The npt plug that came with it fit in both, so I may have gotten lucky lol!
Old 12-19-2018, 11:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Autoworks
The plug is 1/8npt. If mounting the gauge on the Aeromotive reg, then you can just move the 1/8npt plug that comes with the reg over to the rail and plug the rail.
Precisely! That's what I figured a couple posts ago after another cup of coffee. Lol! So I'll need a price, sir, on an Aeromotive with a gauge; i dunno what brand ya got, Marshall? And I **may** source my hose and fittings through Amazon. Gonna redo as much of my fuel lines to the black braided AN setup. Just looks so clean.
Old 12-19-2018, 11:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Id be careful with "sourced hoses/fittings", especially dealing with black nylon braided as some fittings just aren't the correct ID to accept the OD of the nylon -6 hose "easily". I typically use a Turbosmart or Marshall liquid filled FP gauge. I have never had "success" with B&M gauges.
Old 12-19-2018, 12:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Id be careful with "sourced hoses/fittings", especially dealing with black nylon braided as some fittings just aren't the correct ID to accept the OD of the nylon -6 hose "easily". I typically use a Turbosmart or Marshall liquid filled FP gauge. I have never had "success" with B&M gauges.
You carry Marshall? If so, that's the one I'm after. And I forgot the part number specific, but the aeromotive 3 port? I think it was.. the 40 to 90 psi idle one..
Old 12-19-2018, 01:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts

I used this adapter from Street Rays. I'm still using a stock FPR.

Last edited by wunfstgsr; 12-19-2018 at 03:13 PM.
Old 12-19-2018, 04:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by wunfstgsr

I used this adapter from Street Rays. I'm still using a stock FPR.
that rail/IM combo looks sweet. How's the Ultra Series treating ya?
Old 12-19-2018, 05:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Aeromotive 13109 with accompanying gauge and -6an lines all around.. This be the plan. 45-75 psi base pressure, 1:1 boost, reasonably priced.
Old 12-20-2018, 02:22 AM
O.G. triple O.G.

Received 221 Likes on 198 Posts

I'm planning to use the same in my setup. Had it in my old LS-t hatchback and it worked great with no issues. Just tap the stock fuel rail and run a fuel line from there to the FPR.

Amazon Amazon
Old 12-20-2018, 02:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by NVturbo
I'm planning to use the same in my setup. Had it in my old LS-t hatchback and it worked great with no issues. Just tap the stock fuel rail and run a fuel line from there to the FPR.

https://www.amazon.com/Aeromotive-13.../dp/B000CFSL1I
He already has an AEM rail
Old 12-20-2018, 06:51 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

I have never had "success" with B&M gauges.
Nor have I. I stopped using B&M equipment entirely due to multiple disappointment from their products by them not giving the full story.

Originally Posted by NVturbo

https://www.amazon.com/Aeromotive-13.../dp/B000CFSL1I
Same Aeromotive I've had forever. Won't be replacing it with my new build, either.

Last edited by TheShodan; 12-20-2018 at 07:18 AM.
Old 12-20-2018, 07:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

FWIW...the bolt on version
Old 12-20-2018, 08:15 AM
O.G. triple O.G.

Originally Posted by TheShodan
Nor have I. I stopped using B&M equipment entirely due to multiple disappointment from their products by them not giving the full story.

Same Aeromotive I've had forever. Won't be replacing it with my new build, either.

Trust me, if I still had my old hatch, I wouldn't change it either. B&M has always been so-so. Never cared for any of their stuff.
Old 12-20-2018, 08:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 124 Likes on 101 Posts

I've got an aeromotive on a golden eagle fuel rail. It's not a boosted application, but it's worked well for me so far.
Old 12-20-2018, 03:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

FWIW...the bolt on version
Damn that looks good!
Old 12-20-2018, 04:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts

that rail/IM combo looks sweet. How's the Ultra Series treating ya?
Thanks, this engine is Supercharged at around 350 HP on the stock FPR, so far the setup is treating me well, on the last setup I had which was the Pro series manifold, 70mm tb and Tuner 1 cams I believe it made around 285 hp and now on the ultra street with spacer, 74mm tb and Tuner 2 cams its around 350hp, I upgraded the Header and ill be on 10psi instead of 7psi and I will retune it on E85 fuel in a few weeks so I guess I should be around 360 to 370 hp. maybe less maybe more ill see what the tuner says, I still have the cams to dial in as well.

Last edited by TheShodan; 12-20-2018 at 06:51 PM.
Old 12-21-2018, 02:40 AM
O.G. triple O.G.

Originally Posted by scottcraft
I've got an aeromotive on a golden eagle fuel rail. It's not a boosted application, but it's worked well for me so far.
Most K-swapped setups use Aeromotive FPRs.
Old 12-21-2018, 05:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Anyone have info on the bolt on units? Cost for cost, about the same as the "do it yourself" mount, just less work. Besides, I'm at a slight loss as to where to mount it. Maybe where my old fuel filter was, but that spot was earmarked for a catch can..
Old 12-21-2018, 06:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Anyone have info on the bolt on units? ..
Info as in?
Old 12-21-2018, 06:28 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

Information is found in the paperwork that is included, WHEN YOU BUY IT....

Quit playin' around and get it, already..
Old 12-21-2018, 10:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TheShodan
Information is found in the paperwork that is included, WHEN YOU BUY IT....

Quit playin' around and get it, already..
lol
Old 12-21-2018, 10:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Info as in?
as in if it is equal to or better than the 13109 unit.
Old 12-21-2018, 10:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The main difference I see is pressure. The 13109 goes from 45-90 and the 13116 (bolt on) goes from 30-70. The 13116 seems a better suit since base pressure is 43.5 and I'd be out the gate an additional 1.5 with the 13109. PLUS the 13109 will require about another 60 dollars in bits and pieces for mounting. So, the price points are the same-ish, which brings me to one last deciding factor; superiority. If one recommended over the other.

Christ.. I may be overthinking again?

Quick Reply: Suggestions needed: Adjustable fuel pressure regulator for boost application