Notices

Stumble bumple - Uberchip sohc vtec

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2003, 07:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stumble bumple - Uberchip sohc vtec

Yo guy's.

got my **** running. I have the Uberchip for the P28 ecu with 450cc DSM injectors.

vtec is at 4500rpm now, launch rev is 3000rpm (which sucks). The car is stumbly and nothing below vtec at all. Part throttle is bumpy.

I also seem to be getting some detontation. Which I don't understand. The damn program is supposed to be rich with 1deg retard per pound of boost. I can post up a jpeg of the maps for some of you tunning whizes to check out.

I know i'm running base maps untuned right now which could account for alot of this. Also my O2 sensor is gone and I have a partial open exhaust - DP into a glass pack.

Once the motor revs into vtec its all good but below its crap.

I have the Y8 head with a Z6 cam and the head is milled 0.010. So I'm runnnig 4-5deg advance on the cam right now (sufficient or two much?).

So what do you guy's think? If my turbo has some blow by could this cuase some detonation, I know it should. But I'm not sure how much its actually leaking if any at all. I have no smoke from the exhuast.

Also I'm spitting and sputtering some what which could be a rich fuel mix. The turbo makes full boost around 3000 rpm but I don't feel it until like I said I get into vtec.

So this is a cam/ignition timing problem? Then why the hell do she rock in vtec?

Also when I get into vtec my stock clutch don't hold worth a crap. Making power on the base map but not really getting it to the ground.

Comments/suggestions?
Old 06-16-2003, 09:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Stumble bumple - Uberchip sohc vtec (Hybrid)

This sounds very familiar. A friend and I experienced the exact same symptoms with one of these "uberchips". Prior to, we were using the afc hack and getting flawless performance. The solution? Ebay. It's a cold cruel world...
Old 06-17-2003, 08:19 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hybrid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I also seem to be getting some detontation. Which I don't understand. The damn program is supposed to be rich with 1deg retard per pound of boost. I can post up a jpeg of the maps for some of you tunning whizes to check out.

I have the Y8 head with a Z6 cam and the head is milled 0.010. So I'm runnnig 4-5deg advance on the cam right now (sufficient or two much?).

So this is a cam/ignition timing problem? Then why the hell do she rock in vtec?
Comments/suggestions?</TD></TR></TABLE>

how much boost are you running? what's your compression?
if you're running 4-5 degrees advanced on the cam right now, and you're running 5 psi, don't you think that the 1degree/psi would cancel out the 5 degrees advance?
of course it's going to rock in vtec, and you're going to get detonation..
put your cam/timing back to stock, replace your clutch...

Old 06-17-2003, 09:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Stumble bumple - Uberchip sohc vtec (1point7T)

did u say u have no o2 sensor? if so thats why your car is running like ****. no o2 causes it to stumble and hesistate. check that out.
Old 06-17-2003, 09:32 PM

Default Re: Stumble bumple - Uberchip sohc vtec (turbod16y8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbod16y8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">did u say u have no o2 sensor? if so thats why your car is running like ****. no o2 causes it to stumble and hesistate. check that out.</TD></TR></TABLE>

ehhhhh, not really. Me and a buddy have gone w/ no o2 for a while and it was fine, just ran a little richer. About the uberchips, I thought about it, but then figured "if it's too good to be true, it probably is". I agree with the person above, ebay it! "JDM VTEC SR20DET UBERCHIP"
Old 06-18-2003, 08:32 AM

Default Re: Stumble bumple - Uberchip sohc vtec (sporkcrx)

Well I'm running advance on the cam to make up for the difference of the Z6 cam in the Y8 head which is about 3-4 deg and also because I have the head milled 0.010.
Old 06-18-2003, 11:27 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hybrid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well I'm running advance on the cam to make up for the difference of the Z6 cam in the Y8 head which is about 3-4 deg and also because I have the head milled 0.010.</TD></TR></TABLE>

How much does that raise compression?