Notices

Strong Gas Fumes in Cabin

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 09:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strong Gas Fumes in Cabin

There are strong gas fumes in the cabin of my car. I've tried searching and came up with a couple of possibilities for this for my situtation:
-No catch can
-No cat
-I have a dump tube for my wastegate but I think the welds of the dump is not good (some leaks at various spots)

From what other people are saying, their gas fumes are okay and not extreme. I think mine are pretty extreme. Any other ideas or suggestions or definite fixes? I'm low on cash so I can't much on things that might fix the problem

Other things I noticed was I have no breather or tube connected from my valve cover (I smell some gas fumes coming from there as well). I know I'm running a little on the rich side right now as well, but I had this same problem before I was running rich.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:46 AM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its the fact that you dont have the breather hooked up on the valve cover....that breather vents directly into the cabin air intake...put a little rubber hose on it and vent it down towards the ground and you'll be fine...
Old 04-09-2007, 10:09 AM

sounds good thanks for the quick response. I just talked to one of my buddies that has the exact same set up. He did the same
I hear some suggest that you should put a tube on the valve cover to route the fumes to your intake side of your turbo to burn those fumes? Is it worth the extra effort?
Old 04-09-2007, 10:35 AM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you want to meet emissions or whatever that crap is, then i would think about getting some kind of catch can, but for me, i just ran that hose down towards the ground and stuck it into a Smirnoff Ice bottle....it vents the fumes and catches the liquid so my car doesn't drip or leak....pretty gangsta...
Old 04-09-2007, 10:38 AM
i my honda
Global Mod

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: (PRoJecTSLeePaLoT)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PRoJecTSLeePaLoT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I hear some suggest that you should put a tube on the valve cover to route the fumes to your intake side of your turbo to burn those fumes? Is it worth the extra effort?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Try to avoid that if possible, it's not better for you car by any means!
Old 04-09-2007, 04:15 PM

Smirnoff Ice Bottle...haha nice. I just put a tube and aimed it down... smells a little better but I think I got some leaks in my exhaust pipping so I might get that redone. Any recommendations on where to get good pipping? I know a couple of friends that can weld for me I just got to find the material. That and some intercooler pipping.
My loans should be pulling through soon. I just want to get all these problems handled asap and get my car tuned so I can worry less about my car and more on other things