Notices

Straight Line Specialties???

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 05:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Straight Line Specialties???

I think this might be the right place for this. If it is not, Mods please move it.

I ordered a B-series shorty manifold from SLS on Jan. 10th. I ordered it over the phone. They said they would ship it out the following day. Couple of weeks went by and i emailed them for a tracking number. They sent a number for DHL. I looked it up and it said it was shipped the 21st. A few day passed and i checked the tracking. It said the shipment was acknowledged and it shipped the 21st. There were no updates as to what other DHL locations it had passed through. I called up DHL and they said an electronic Waybill was processed but they never picked up the package. I called up SLS and spoke to someone(not sure who) and they admitted to having shipping problems recently. They said if it werent here by the end of the week(Jan. 15th) to call them and they would ship it out on Monday the 18th. Well i called them on the 15th leaving a descriptive voicemail of what they told me to do the previous week. I told them to contact me when they would ship it out. I called this Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday each about 5 times a day. No answer. I emailed them today also. Its been over a month since ive ordered it, and a month since they said it "shipped out". I figured the only way to get a response out of them is to post something here on Honda-tech. Ive been very calm for this whole situation. Is anybody else having problems with them? Any other way to get ahold of them? Im almost tempted to buy a plane ticket to Fargo lol.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wierd...usually they are pretty good. sometimes it takes a reminder but they will pull through...
Old 02-20-2008, 07:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Straight Line Specialties??? (boosted98acura)

I tried calling them like two weeks ago for a part and no answer all day. Voice mail full.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2 months and your already gettin bent outa shape...jeeze i guess you dont know what its like to wait for parts...

keep callin they arent scammers and youll eventually get your stuff...and for the record DHL sucks!
Old 02-20-2008, 07:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Been there with this company,my manifold took way longer than they projected as well. We are talkn months later. To be honest with you, once i received it,it didnt show up with the downpipe arrangement i had requested. I asked for a v-band adaptor and clamp for the downpipe. I called back and told them the problem,they said they would send me out the v-band adapter. Wow,what a solution. To this day i never have received the 3"vband setup."Its been over 8 months". The dump tube they sent out for my Tial 44mm wastegate didnt fit due to warpage from welding. Granted i fixed it by grinding on the flange, but if you pay good money for a product, you expect good fitment right? Last time i try and support a startup company, Full Race it is next time.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:28 PM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Straight Line Specialties??? (integrated civic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by integrated civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Last time i try and support a startup company, Full Race it is next time. </TD></TR></TABLE>

SLS is far from a "startup company." Also, if you want to pay 3x fair market value, have fun with Full Race. I've had many experiences with SLS and they've been nothing short of great. Lately they've been running behind. I'll speak with Nick and see what's going on. This WILL be handled soon.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Based on my experience with them, their "customer service" is laughable. To get a straight answer out of anyone was impossible. Excuse after excuse, blah, blah.

Hope everything gets resolved. At least the manifold is worth the wait and hassle.
Old 02-20-2008, 09:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Straight Line Specialties??? (Dartanian)

It took them a little longer than they said to get my stuff done, and i had to ask about the progress a few times, but i did get my stuff in a decent time frame and the quality is very good...
Old 02-20-2008, 10:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Straight Line Specialties??? (Schister66)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Schister66 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">SLS is far from a "startup company." Also, if you want to pay 3x fair market value, have fun with Full Race. I've had many experiences with SLS and they've been nothing short of great. Lately they've been running behind. I'll speak with Nick and see what's going on. This WILL be handled soon. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Just posting my experience with the company

I guess if i decide to pay more for Full Race at least I will receive it in a timely manner.

If you do speak to Nick,then remind him to send out my 3" v-band, since i have already paid for it. 8 months ago.

Last but not least, i am sure that you get great customer service, since they are based out of your hometown.

Modified by integrated civic at 2:42 AM 2/21/2008
Old 02-21-2008, 08:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Bump for a good guy, someone help this fella out! I met him yesterday to sell him some parts and he told me about this, hopefully SLS jumps in here and does what needs to be done.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by integrated civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Last but not least, i am sure that you get great customer service, since they are based out of your hometown.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 02-21-2008, 12:46 PM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I talked to Nick and he's handling it...i'm not sure if he'll chime in on this thread or not. Its a bit of a bash-fest...i wouldnt willingly jump into the middle of it
Old 02-21-2008, 01:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

this is NOT the way to go about doing this. if i was SLS i'd send you your stuff full of horse manure.
Old 02-21-2008, 01:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (zex_cool)

SLS is the ****...
Old 02-21-2008, 01:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (zex_cool)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by zex_cool &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">this is NOT the way to go about doing this. if i was SLS i'd send you your stuff full of horse manure. </TD></TR></TABLE>

COOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!

This is the way of doing this. When i cant reach them by phone or email what else should i do....
Old 02-21-2008, 01:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thank you Schister66
Old 02-21-2008, 01:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (boosted98acura)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boosted98acura &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

This is the way of doing this. When i cant reach them by phone or email what else should i do....</TD></TR></TABLE>

I couldnt agree more, I bought my Neukin expecting a short wait, it turned into a long wait but Alex always kept me updated as to what was happening, its called eh um oh yea customer service ........ otherwise I would of had a thread just like this.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (96 GSR-T)

I ordered a SLS manifold for my DSM though a reputable seller on here, and he estimated 2 weeks build time on the manifold.

Lets hope the build their manifolds for DSM's faster then the honda ones
Old 02-21-2008, 03:07 PM
Former Vendor

Default Re: (boosted98acura)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boosted98acura &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

COOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!

This is the way of doing this. When i cant reach them by phone or email what else should i do....</TD></TR></TABLE>

I returned the e-mail but have yet to here a responce back on resolving the situation. This all is a result of a DHL shipping error which has been a problem as of late.
Old 02-21-2008, 03:13 PM

Default Re: (HamiltonRex)

you will get your stuff sometime. I had the same problem with them two times. It just takes a looooooooooooooooong time.
Old 02-21-2008, 03:23 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: (HamiltonRex)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HamiltonRex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I ordered a SLS manifold for my DSM though a reputable seller on here, and he estimated 2 weeks build time on the manifold.

Lets hope the build their manifolds for DSM's faster then the honda ones </TD></TR></TABLE>

Well, I have your turbo in stock, so no need to wait on that portion, at least.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

SLS has been pretty good to me

first mani i ordered took about 6wks longer then expected but i was ok with that since i was way ahead of my project, but was very cool, hard to get ahold of on phone but emial and im they were much better

second mani was quoted 3-4wks came in like 2wk
but again phone calls not to good
but very good people very nice stuff

thanks SLS

dan back
Old 02-22-2008, 01:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TheShodan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TheShodan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Well, I have your turbo in stock, so no need to wait on that portion, at least.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well thats good to know